• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#151 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:11 PM

I don't know what to tell you, then.

The fact that it's only the section of the subscreen that handles your abilities for Din is weird.

It's almost like you somehow lost items from your inventory, since that's the other thing which affects what appears there.

I'm not sure I could even send you a patch to fix it since I have no idea which section of the code could have caused it.

I should really install some sort of debug routine

Edited by ywkls, 23 October 2020 - 08:11 PM.

#152 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:43 PM

I don't know what to tell you, then.

The fact that it's only the section of the subscreen that handles your abilities for Din is weird.

It's almost like you somehow lost items from your inventory, since that's the other thing which affects what appears there.

See, I also tried collecting Din's disappeared items again, with the thought that maybe the save file isn't registering the items as collected; but nope, the mini-boss/item rooms in each dungeon are still empty. The save file is so corrupted that it doesn't know that I have the items, yet knows that the items were collected.

I'm not sure I could even send you a patch to fix it since I have no idea which section of the code could have caused it.

Well, at least this crippling bug happened at what is essentially the end of the final main-game level. I can still do the water trial in the post game, so not all is lost.

#153 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 23 October 2020 - 09:16 PM

See, I also tried collecting Din's disappeared items again, with the thought that maybe the save file isn't registering the items as collected; but nope, the mini-boss/item rooms in each dungeon are still empty. The save file is so corrupted that it doesn't know that I have the items, yet knows that the items were collected.

Well, at least this crippling bug happened at what is essentially the end of the final main-game level. I can still do the water trial in the post game, so not all is lost.

The last thing I can suggest is to use the cheat menu to check and see if the items are even still registering as being in your inventory.

I never changed the original cheat to make it easier for me to quickly test things in the quest.

Spoiler

There's a slight possibility that this is an error with the global script, though since everything else is working that seems unlikely.

The only other thing I can think of which might prevent this is to simply turn off F6.

I know that is a radical move and I hesitate to make it unless others have this bug happen to them.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#154 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 October 2020 - 10:16 PM

The last thing I can suggest is to use the cheat menu to check and see if the items are even still registering as being in your inventory.

Interesting. I see that all of Din's items are noted as present in the link data menu. When I try to remove any particular item via the link data menu, and then enable the item again, the item still doesn't show up in my item subscreen. Also, I'm not sure if it means anything, but I can still cycle left and right through the item subscreen and hear the clicking sound. Just, there are no images for the items and I cannot actually select or use anything. I can also hear the clicking noise when pressing the L or R buttons outside of the subscreen, but still can't select or use anything.

Edited by Useless Old Man Wisdom, 23 October 2020 - 10:22 PM.

#155 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 October 2020 - 07:50 AM

The items still don't appear even if you uncheck and recheck them in the link data? That's a new one...and not a good situation.

Edited by Epsalon ZX, 24 October 2020 - 07:55 AM.

#156 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 24 October 2020 - 09:03 AM

Interesting. I see that all of Din's items are noted as present in the link data menu. When I try to remove any particular item via the link data menu, and then enable the item again, the item still doesn't show up in my item subscreen. Also, I'm not sure if it means anything, but I can still cycle left and right through the item subscreen and hear the clicking sound. Just, there are no images for the items and I cannot actually select or use anything. I can also hear the clicking noise when pressing the L or R buttons outside of the subscreen, but still can't select or use anything.

... And down the rabbit hole we go.

This is sounding more and more like the global script breaking somehow.

I've had this happen with this quest once before in a much earlier phase of testing,

I was unable to reproduce that too though I did make it where the circumstances which probably caused it were less likely.

I might be able to experiment with a solution if I had your zc.sav file, but I can't be certain that would succeed.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#157 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 24 October 2020 - 11:49 AM

The items still don't appear even if you uncheck and recheck them in the link data? That's a new one...and not a good situation.

Correct, on all points. Only the weapons and passive items disappear and reappear like normal when unchecked and checked in the link data menu. None of the 8x selectable items in Din's inventory will appear again via the link data menu.

I might be able to experiment with a solution if I had your zc.sav file, but I can't be certain that would succeed.

I'll be happy to send my save file. PM me your email.

#158 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 25 October 2020 - 11:24 AM

Well, the updated quest file has fixed Din's item problem and doesn't seem to be breaking anything else in the process. Thanks for the care, attention, and fix for this bizarre problem.

Edited by Useless Old Man Wisdom, 26 October 2020 - 07:13 PM.

• ywkls likes this

#159 jccarratl

jccarratl

Junior

• Members

Posted 30 October 2020 - 05:51 PM

Seems that DIn needs to find a key before entering Ethereal Depths? Any hints at where to start looking?

#160 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:00 PM

Seems that DIn needs to find a key before entering Ethereal Depths? Any hints at where to start looking?

Actually, the dungeon is opened by Nayru.

You need to locate a switch immediately to the south of her level 7.

To even get there, you'll have to open the way as Din by hitting a switch which is behind a bombos panel near her level 6.

Then you must complete a series of underwater mazes to reach Nayru level 7.

#161 jccarratl

jccarratl

Junior

• Members

Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:44 PM

Yes, I have reached level 7 for both Din and Nayru. But once Din is inside Level 7, a key is needed to proceed and I can't figure out where a key may be hidden as all paths seemed to be blocked.

#162 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:59 PM

Yes, I have reached level 7 for both Din and Nayru. But once Din is inside Level 7, a key is needed to proceed and I can't figure out where a key may be hidden as all paths seemed to be blocked.

That makes more sense.

The two floors of Din level 7 are mirror images of one another in a way.

A door on one side will lead to another on the far side,

If that entrance is on the left half of the dungeon, the corresponding one will be on the right.

If I had a screenshot of your map for both floors, I might be able to assist.

#163 jccarratl

jccarratl

Junior

• Members

Posted 30 October 2020 - 09:05 PM

The first time you enter Level 7 there are 4 pots and then you can either go up to a locked pathway or drop to the floor of this screen and go to the right to the next screen. Where to go from here? Seems you need a key to use on the first screen and proceed out another doorway at the top of the second screen.

Nevermind . . . figured it out.

Edited by jccarratl, 30 October 2020 - 09:19 PM.

#164 jccarratl

jccarratl

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 November 2020 - 03:28 PM

Hello again ywkls. Pls refer to #71 in this thread. I have the dungeon item, lowered the pillars to access the special crystal but can not pick it up or get it to change the action of the dungeon item. So how do I change the power of the dungeon item?

#165 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 06 November 2020 - 09:59 PM

Hello again ywkls. Pls refer to #71 in this thread. I have the dungeon item, lowered the pillars to access the special crystal but can not pick it up or get it to change the action of the dungeon item. So how do I change the power of the dungeon item?

You examine it as you would an npc or sign.

This displays a string which secretly gives you the item which activates the second power of the dungeon's item.

Once you have that you can switch the power from the subscreen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users