Photo

Magic Meter as it is in Link to the past?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:50 AM

Hi

i am trying to setup an magic meter as it is from Link to the past,but i cant do it i never setuped an magic meter.

So is it doable in zquest at all and if yes how?

I cant remember if anyone used that kind of magic meter.

• Lightwulf and SkyLizardGirl like this

#2 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 March 2019 - 06:05 AM

Hi

i am trying to setup an magic meter as it is from Link to the past,but i cant do it i never setuped an magic meter.
So is it doable in zquest at all and if yes how?
I cant remember if anyone used that kind of magic meter.

It is probably possible with gauge pieces, but IDR how to use that option. I've made vertical gauges with scripts, but that has its own limitations, including flickering out during certain transitions.

I think that for gauge pieces, you can set a tile, give it a height, width, x, and y; then set the container that it represents; so you would make 16 slices if you have 16 containers in the quest.

If you use green rectangles, over a background graphic that represents the frame, it would look right; but I honestly do not recall what some of the gauge piece options accomplish.

....ehhhh...scratch that. The size field does not work. Something else for 2.55+, I suppose.

I tinkered a bit, and it turns out that somewhere from the cobwebs of my mind, I recalled how to do this.

z3magicgauge.png

Here is a demo quest file.

The subscreen set up with the vertical gauge is on the subscreen named 'Blank'. Tiles are on tile page 0.

Each green slice is an 8px by 8px minitile. The top, and bottom slices are slightly different, to avoid bleeding through the overlay of the frame. The blank tiles next to (i.e., to the right of the green slices), each are the tiles that will be shown when the specific magic container magic is depleted. You could, for instance, make them red or pink versions of the green tiles, to show depleted magic in red/pink.

#3 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:24 AM

It is probably possible with gauge pieces, but IDR how to use that option. I've made vertical gauges with scripts, but that has its own limitations, including flickering out during certain transitions.

I think that for gauge pieces, you can set a tile, give it a height, width, x, and y; then set the container that it represents; so you would make 16 slices if you have 16 containers in the quest.

If you use green rectangles, over a background graphic that represents the frame, it would look right; but I honestly do not recall what some of the gauge piece options accomplish.

....ehhhh...scratch that. The size field does not work. Something else for 2.55+, I suppose.

I tinkered a bit, and it turns out that somewhere from the cobwebs of my mind, I recalled how to do this.

z3magicgauge.png

Here is a demo quest file.

The subscreen set up with the vertical gauge is on the subscreen named 'Blank'. Tiles are on tile page 0.

Each green slice is an 8px by 8px minitile. The top, and bottom slices are slightly different, to avoid bleeding through the overlay of the frame. The blank tiles next to (i.e., to the right of the green slices), each are the tiles that will be shown when the specific magic container magic is depleted. You could, for instance, make them red or pink versions of the green tiles, to show depleted magic in red/pink.

Thank you ZoriaRPG

I have it working now :bounce:

magicmeter001.png

Edited by judasrising, 03 March 2019 - 11:24 AM.

• Jared and Lightwulf like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users