Photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 PureZC

PureZC

The Ultimate Zelda Classic Resource

• The PureZC

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:36 PM

After reviewing the feedback we received from the previous thread regarding the changes to the PureZC Discord server, the staff team has decided to take that feedback into account and come up with a set of compromise changes that we believe will benefit the most people involved. Your feedback was valuable in reaching this compromise and in light of that, this thread will serve as a place for everyone to give their constructive thoughts and feedback on these new changes.

Before revealing the new changes, however, we'd like to create a set of guidelines for this topic. While the guidelines really are not different from PureZC's rules, we felt it necessary to reiterate given how the previous thread on this issue became too heated too many times, which hindered the process of finding compromise. We really want things to remain civil and productive.

Feedback Rules

1. No disrespect toward other members, including staff.
  2. No off-topic posts, including discussion of these Feedback Rules.
  3. The staff will make the final decisions after considering your feedback.
  4. The topic will be locked once we have the feedback we need, but you're welcome to contact the staff privately if you have more to say.
  5. Posts violating the rules will be removed, and warning points may be issued. Don't waste your time writing a rule-breaking post nobody will get to read.

And now that the guidelines for this topic have been laid out, here are the changes we'd like to make to the Discord server alongside the new rules that will be posted in the Welcome channel.

Discord Server Changes

• Current Events will be replaced with an opt-in channel called Serious Discussion.
  • The Discord Rules will apply to all areas of the server. Serious Discussion is a topic division, not a place where the rules are more lax. Rule violations here may result in removing your access temporarily or permanently.
  • We will be bringing on new moderators to help us manage things in accordance with these rules.

Discord Rules

1. Treat others with respect at all times. Personal attacks are not allowed anywhere on the server.
  2. No slurs or hate speech. Do not hide hate speech under the pretense of humor. This is a place for people of all backgrounds.
  3. Most of PureZC's Site and Forum Rules still apply here. https://www.purezc.n...showtopic=55197
  4. Do not post links to NSFW, violent, sexual, or overly upsetting content.
  5. No spam, excessive meme posting, or abuse of chat features such as pings.
  6. And, of course, don't violate Discord's Terms of Service.

- Elastic Clause -

If we find something disruptive and it's not stated clearly in the rules here, the staff may ask you to stop.

Rule violations on both the forum and Discord may have consequences that apply to both. For example, a kick from Discord may earn you warning points on the forum, and a forum ban will also include a Discord ban.

With the exception of severe cases, the staff will usually start with verbal warnings, followed by kicks and bans if the disruptive behavior continues.

We hope these revised changes serve as a nice compromise for the ideas and feedback that were received in the previous thread. The goal with these changes is to make the Discord server a welcoming and comfortable place for everyone. As mentioned before, if any of you have any feedback, please share those insights in this thread. Also, if any of you have any questions or need clarifications on these changes, please do not hesitate to ask.

• Magi_Hero, Rambly, Nathaniel and 9 others like this

#2 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:39 PM

Hi everyone! I just wanted to quickly say for the sake of clarity to please keep things civil in this topic! While we hope that these revised changes serve as a nice compromise for as many people as possible in this community, please feel free to provide your feedback constructively and we will be sure to take things into consideration. We'd like things to not get heated so that we can get the feedback we need here and make the Discord server a place for people to enjoy.

Looking forward to reading the responses from all of you! :)

• Shane and Matthew like this

#3 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:47 PM

seems ok

#4 Bagel Meister

Bagel Meister

Initiate

• Members

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:48 PM

This is nice.

#5 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:56 PM

Seems great. Thank you to the staff and individuals who helped us reach this point via discussion in the prior thread or elsewhere.
  • David likes this

#6 Hari

Hari

Snivy Gang

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:01 PM

Yeah, these rules seem good. :)

#7 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:08 PM

I'm very happy that we got to this point. Kudos to the staff on considering the feedback given.

#8 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:56 PM

in all seriousness, i'm glad the staff got to this point.  it's been a long time coming.  i think that the rule about memes might be a little too strict (memes by themselves aren't really harmful, especially if kept to the right channels, i feel like?) but otherwise these are good.

thanks for your patience in finding a solution, guys.  the effort's appreciated.

• ShadowTiger, Shane and Jenny like this

#9 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:39 PM

Sounds good to me

#10 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:44 AM

As everyone said, it's good to see we got to a point where most of both parties can be happy.

#11 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 19 March 2020 - 04:06 AM

This sounds good. I'm down for this.

#12 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:14 AM

I really like this compromise, and I do think this is a great step in the right direction! I'm glad we managed to get to this point, and I thank the staff for listening to us all!

#13 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 19 March 2020 - 07:53 AM

Yep, I'm cool with it. The server is generally pretty lax to begin with, and everybody seems to be able to handle that well enough. I don't expect much of a change outside of the name change, and I'm okay with that.

#14 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:21 PM

i think that the rule about memes might be a little too strict (memes by themselves aren't really harmful, especially if kept to the right channels, i feel like?) but otherwise these are good.

For me, the word "excessive" is the key point here. It's not about not letting people share memes, but more targeted at flooding a conversation with nothing but memes.

I'm thinking we'll wait until tomorrow afternoon for any other thoughts before we go ahead with some of this. So if you've got something to add, please speak up before then.

#15 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:43 PM

For me, the word "excessive" is the key point here. It's not about not letting people share memes, but more targeted at flooding a conversation with nothing but memes.

Fair point. I kind of glossed over that word when I read the initial post, initially. Oops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users