• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 23 October 2018 - 01:41 AM

http://nisamerica.co...gaea-5-complete

The online features & map editor of Disgaea 5: Complete Edition don't exist in the PC port and this was not clarified until after the game launched. Effectively the Complete edition is Incomplete.

I suggest no one should buy it. They have repeatedly fucked up PC ports of their games with either bugs and/or missing content.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 23 October 2018 - 01:44 AM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#2 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:21 AM

Damn... I admit, I got into the series rather late, and I still have to finish the main campaign for Disgaea 2. I won't be getting to the fifth game for quite a while, but I was hoping to use my PC when it was available. (I'm playing the PSP version of D2, and I'm curious if mouse/keyboard would work well for the later games. It seems like a natural fit)

Going to have to remember to stick with the console version when I get there.

#3 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 23 October 2018 - 05:02 AM

I would suggest you stick to the console releases of the Disgaea games. Disgaea 1 on PC has or had UI problems with the new UI they created (thankfully they have the option to revert to the original UI which isn't buggy) and Disgaea 1 is crash prone in the late game once you start getting very high level characters.

I haven't had too much experience with the PC port of Disgaea 2 but I didn't really like that game much to begin with, Disgaea 1 is great though (I have Disgaea 1 & 2 on PS2 and on PC).

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 23 October 2018 - 05:02 AM.

#4 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:49 PM

To be honest, I'm conflicted. I don't have any of the consoles it's on, and I don't know when I'll be getting any of them. The PC ports of 1 and 2 did have some rough spots, but did get more updates to be more stable over time. And I wonder if the missing features are lacking while they figure out Steam Workshop support.

Plus, it's 25% off this week, most likely as an apology for taking so long. And being so close the the Steam Winter Sale, it's hard to guess if it will be at an equal or better discount then.

I might get it on this sale, with the expectation it will get some patches in the following weeks to address any serious bugs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users