MZC tileset

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#1 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:43 AM

Ok, well I finally decided on officially announcing my new tileset. This will be a public tileset and will feature many tiles from The Minish Cap, hence the name, MZC. icon_razz.gif

Ok first off, a little about this set. This set is my vision of a perfect tileset, I know some of you may hate me for saying this but its just what I feel. I'm mostly doing exactly what I want with this set, I will need some opinions on some of the more difficult decisions though. I have no idea when this set will be completed but, it will be completed at some point. Hopefully sooner than later. This set will be for 2.5.

I will use this thread for asking for advice, suggestions and also showing off all the new stuff I add when I think its worthy of an update. So without further adieu, screenshots:

IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

Also, I'd like to know what water tiles would look best in this set. I already ripped and edited some out of DoR:
IPB Image
I was wondering if the water tiles out of TMC would look any better or not? I can't decide. icon_unsettled.gif

Comments please.

#2 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:18 AM

Looks good so far, but kinda like a GB DX kind of tileset, not like MC very much. Still, good work so far.

#3 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:24 AM

awesome shots, but I think the green should be toned down a bit, form neon to darker and less flashy. natural, more than plastic. you know, grass and trees, not frisbees and Sprite bottles. yeah?

#4 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:27 AM

NO. The green is good, I say keep it.
What do you have so far, Evile?

#5 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:13 AM

This looks like a very good tile set. icon_biggrin.gif I can't say I have any problems with anything. Nice work, lookin' forward to it! icon_biggrin.gif

#6 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:28 PM

Man, this tileset looks nice! I just have one question... Does it have winter tiles? Also, a corollary question. Is your question 8-bit or 4-bit? Or both? icon_razz.gif

#7 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(Evile @ Jan 29 2009, 07:43 AM) View Post
I was wondering if the water tiles out of TMC would look any better or not? I can't decide. icon_unsettled.gif

I'd go for the MC water yeah.

#8 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:21 PM

One word. Epic. But that water...it doesn't really seem to fit, in my opinion. icon_eyebrow.gif I'd say go with MC water. icon_wink.gif

#9 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:31 PM

I loved that modified Adventure Tileset (The Evil Tileset) you made, and I think this will be great as well. I love Minish Cap tiles, I think that dungeon is awesome looking, and I like the MC Pagdoga, that's something that should of been released with a MC tileset a long time ago; and the other tiles look good aswell.
The only thing I don't like so much is the water, I think MC water would look better.

#10 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

The water edges don't really look that good in my opinion, I loved that transparent water with the BS transition tiles, I'd say to stick with that.

#11 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

I would stick with that transparent water but it uses up precious layers. Heres a screenshot for reference:
IPB Image

Also, I was wondering if I should change dirt? This stuff I'm using right now is kinda difficult to use and its a bit of a pain in the arse to get other tiles to work with it. Anyone have suggestions, or should I just keep it the same?

Currently I'm mostly just working on overworld tiles and stuff but I desperately need to figure out a palette structure that works well. Right now its kinda bad and I need to sort it out better. I need to allow room for more shades and stuff. So yeah, comments plz.

#12 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

I think the dirt looks fine! But, that's just my opinion. icon_razz.gif Also, just keep all 3 types of water! Why not? You already have two, and you're going to add MC water, so it'd be easier just to have all 3 in one tileset! Plus, that makes your tileset more likable! icon_wink.gif

#13 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:34 PM

Somehow, just somehow, I can't help but like the ALttP water there.

Anyway, if you can finish this, I'll be quite happy. Good luck, mate.

#14 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

Yeah, I kinda agree with Prospekt here. I can't quite put my finger on the reason why, but the LttP water looks better.
The dirt tiles are very nice-looking, but if they're difficult to use, then maybe have more than one set of dirt graphics in the tileset (For example, you could have the dirt you're using now, but you could also have LttP or Gameboy Zelda dirt as a secondary option). My only other complaint... And I know I've said this before... Are those Octoroks. They look like they were ripped right of the CGBZ tileset. Just a little bit of recoloring and shading would be nice. icon_wink.gif

#15 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:38 PM

All enemy tiles and palettes will be changed, just to let you know. Same with link tiles, and all item sprites and stuff like that. I'll probably get around to it last. I'll see what I can do about more dirt options and I'll have a few selections for mountain tiles and water.

Thanks for the input. icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users