Kirby's Adventure Tileset

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#241 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:54 PM

Sounds good to me! And I don't think I'm the only one that dislikes opposing colors together. (like, it's too 'contrast-y')

Go for it, and good luck! icon_smile.gif

#242 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:45 PM

Will this be some sort of ZC-styled kirby tileset? Or will kirby actually act like how kirby acts in the games. You know, the whole inhaling enemies and then spitting them back at enemies creating star-like explosions? icon_razz.gif

This game holds some of my childhood memories, so i would like to see it well - done. Since knowing that it's being made in Zelda Classic XD

Edited by Christian, 12 August 2009 - 04:46 PM.

#243 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:08 PM

Video
Old video, but still. Video.

#244 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:20 PM

OMG are my eyes decieving me?!
That video was sure worth any minute of my time while i was watching it O.o

And this is made in ZC right? because i certainly just don't believe it. WOW! What a great video.

You sir, i pity you since you are scritping this right? All the amount of work you have to do, because it sure looks like it's hell of difficult to do what i just saw. Dangg I'm VERY impressed icon_clap.gif

Question: Are the bosses being scripted by any chance icon_razz.gif

#245 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:01 AM

Yeah I wrote it.
It's really old and written very very badly, so when I've finished working on Valkyrie/ZC for the moment I'll have to re-write all of the code for it from scratch really.

Bosses are unlikely.

#246 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:11 AM

*MEGA-BUMP!!*

Just wanted to keep from gravediggin' (which would'a been in 5 or so days, I think). I actually have gotten a little bit more of this thing organized, and will hopefully get a majority of the rest of the combos organized within the next week or so... but I have work on Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday, so... you know...

But, not today, or the rest of next week until next Friday rolls around, so I'll probably be pretty lacking in the things-to-do department. icon_razz.gif

#247 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE(AgentLym @ Jun 20 2008, 09:46 PM) View Post

Hm... no one wants to help with the greatest tileset ever, eh? Time to bring out some spoilers! (hopefully, they're not to big images icon_razz.gif )

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I know, I know. They are pretty amazing. Unfortunately, most of Kirby's movements will have to be scripted, but that'll come with the tileset, so don't worry. icon_heh.gif

Well, what ya'll think? I know that GBA style or even SNES style might look better to some, but I am personally a very large fan of KA graphics. I tried doing them in 8-bit mode, but that was a little complicated. So I switched over to the easier to create/work with/rip 4-bit mode instead. You guys can rip the palettes from these, if you want. They'll give you the layout for the palettes.

And, I'm assuming no one else is doing this since NO ONE has replied yet. (I'm surprised icon_razz.gif )

Well, hopefully these will wet your famished Kirby-large appetites, so please reply!

Thanks!

=====NOTE=====

Alot of that post is sarcastic, so... yeah. But I still want some replies. Even replies saying, "I hate Kirby". icon_heh.gif
i can help

#248 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:57 AM

Heh, ok then! We could use the hub-worlds ripped, if you want to do that! ^^' Though, pretty much everything else has been ripped, but me and Joe123 are taking a break from this, since we have other business at the moment.

But, if you could just get all the tiles in the hub worlds ripped into one big block, that'd be awesome, actually! Or just one or two hubworlds would be just fine as well!

Side Note:
This topic was pretty old when you posted, so I don't know if that would be considered 'grave digging' or not (posting in an old topic that has been unresponsive for at least 2 months, I think), but some of the devs might not like that.

But, the only reason this topic is old is because I didn't update it in two months, so I just let it slip away till I was actively working on it. But, since it's here again... I guess I could start ripping a few things. icon_razz.gif

#249 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:07 PM

Is this cancelled? (sorry for bringing back an old topic)

#250 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:29 PM

As far as I know it was canceled. It was released somewhere (as an incomplete, scriptless tileset), but I have no idea where. I could probably dig it up and upload it again if you wanted.

#251 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

It's dumb that this project was cancelled. AgentLym, you need to bring this back to life because this project is quite unique.
It had a lot of potential, and I helped work on it! ^^
If you don't revive it, at least release what you had for us to work on it, consider us as well. icon_razz.gif

#252 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

He already released it here. :3

So yeah...I guess you're free to keep working on it if you want to. icon_smile.gif I had fun working on it as well, but I ended up getting really behind and now I don't have nearly as much as time as I used to, so I wouldn't be able to help now either. D:

#253 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:54 AM

Oh, yes, by all means, if you have something to add to the tileset, add away! I made sure NOT to keep it to myself (how selfish after all you guys helped me), and it has so much stuff, I'm sure quests could be made with it.

It is entirely public domain now! However, if anyone needs help, send me a PM and I'll be there to guide you along! I had a pretty nice system going on... just tedious. XD I wanted to keep the entire thing 8-bit free, so I was recoloring every tile to use every color set. But, it was getting very monotonous to do tilepage after tilepage after tilepage and comboing after comboing after comboing that it slowly slid away from me.

But, I hope everybody enjoys what I've done so far! And, believe me, a LOT has been done. It's, graphically, probably 70-80 percent finished, possibly more. Just need map screens and stuff.

However, what really gets me is that it still needs professional scripting! Kirby is beyond my skills, but I'm sure someone else could script something for this set? *looks around*

EDIT: Oh, and thank you Blaman Spaceman, for putting up the link in my absence! If I'm ever needed again, send me a PM, and my email will notify me!

Edited by AgentLym, 29 May 2011 - 12:55 AM.

#254 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

This site is still a thing?

• Members

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:08 AM

It sucks that the scripts that were originally made for this set never got released. They probably wouldn't work with the new versions anyway thought. But I still think the tileset is amazing and would be even better if it had the scripts to make it work right. I wish someone would revive this project, but I don't think it will be me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users