Great bridge of Hylia Sprite

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:37 PM

Migo, I believe people are just disappointed because they followed the making of it, giving criticism and comments, and when it was almost finished they were suddenly told it's an exclusive for just you. Which is completely understandable because you're paying for his services, but I think most of us were expecting it to be released for everyone, seeing as how its creation was so public. We just weren't expecting this to happen, and as such we're a little disappointed that we don't get to use such a great piece of work. Either way, it looked great Zem icon_thumbsup.gif Paying money for ZC sprites is setting a new precedent, so you should expect at least some opposition to the idea.

#62 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:45 PM

I asked him earlier if I could submit them if I were to change the sprite around a little, he said no which is perfectly OK.

#63 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:08 PM

I am a little disappointed in not getting to see the finished work, but seeing as Migokalle actually payed money and it was exclusively for him, I can wait until the quest to see it.

People are only disappointed because they followed it and then never got to see the finished result.

Migo is probably among the first people to spend money on resources for his quest, but he has every right to do that.

Man, what's 35 US dollars nowadays? Like, one Norwegian Dollar? Lol.

#64 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:43 PM

Well, because of the currency "problems" in the US, 35 US Dollars is exactly 181 Norwegian Kroner... or Crowns, directly translated.
This, isn't really too much... a few years ago, 181 Norwegian Crowns would be around 20 bucks... now, it's alot less... It's still enough to buy a medium new game, but I think this piece of art is worth it... and I think the horizontal version will be too icon_wink.gif

#65 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:50 PM

For all the ones who wanted to see the finished result, here it is.
I resized the image and added a "noise" feature so Migokalle would be happy, it would be impossible to rip this.
Migokalle, even if people were to rip this and get rid of the noise feature, its three times bigger than its origional size. I wanted to add a noise feature because you can still see the basic colors, shading and such and also reasure Migo.

Hope you guys like the final outcome!
http://b.imagehost.org/0400/Demo.png

Migo, I sent you a message of the un-noised effect added, along with the origional size, this is a more up-to-date version than what I sent ya earlier.

[edit]
Oh, one more thing.
I added an easter egg to the sprite, see if you guys can find it. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Zemious, 21 June 2008 - 05:54 PM.

#66 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:11 PM

Spells Zemious in the middle part! Yayz, where be my cookies?

#67 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:25 PM

I dunno, Zemious, looking at it, it seems fairly flat, now.

#68 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:53 PM

It'll look better in game because I designed it to be two screens big.

#69 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:58 PM

It is sad that if people are whining over this... I mean, yeah, it's a great sprite in the end... but hey, it's their decisions to do so. Is your quest going down the ****hole because you can't have a measly object? (No offense, Zemious, your bridge isn't measly, I'm just stating that it's something we have many of in other tilesets and stuff, and will not diminish anyone's quest by not having it.)

#70 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Jun 21 2008, 10:58 PM) View Post

It is sad that if people are whining over this... I mean, yeah, it's a great sprite in the end... but hey, it's their decisions to do so. Is your quest going down the ****hole because you can't have a measly object? (No offense, Zemious, your bridge isn't measly, I'm just stating that it's something we have many of in other tilesets and stuff, and will not diminish anyone's quest by not having it.)

Sigh... Yes, it will.
icon_biggrin.gif
Really, as I've STADET, it is an important area of my quest... AND it's the main reference to Twilight Princess.On this bridge, ironic enough, the timelines will be "set together" storywise....
It's like, if I where to use YOUR overworld in my quest... The EXACT same thing... You wouldn't like that... and don't say you would... cause I know you wouldn't...

Now, Zemious, I can't find any obvious eastereggs, but on the right "pole" all the way towards the ground, it looks like it says "ORLY"... though, it's not obvious, so I may be wrong... Oh, I love eastereggs icon_biggrin.gif

#71 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:27 AM

Ahh, a masterpiece! Can't wait to see it in your quest Migo! Personally, I have no problem with you buying it. First: Because you paid Zemious to do this, for you, and not for the public. Second: Because I have no idea where I should place this in my quest anyway. icon_razz.gif

Overall, very nice sprite! icon_thumbsup.gif

#72 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:16 AM

Zem, It looks great!!

I personally don't think I would have drawn the bricks going up the entire screen like that though. I would probably layer the bridge on top and use perspective and slow walk tiles under it, and then add warps at about the place where the archway starts. (just my thoughts lol)

but it's still great art!

#73 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:28 PM

It looks awesome right now, but... shouldn't there be shadow under the arch on the bridge?

#74 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:03 PM

Yeah, but I can't really do that. That's somthing he'll do in ZC with transparencys.
Just take a basic grey and make it transparent, Migo.

Good call Lucas. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users