Link's Quest for the Hookshot Released

• Please log in to reply
409 replies to this topic

#31 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:32 PM

Since you have the ladder, I'm assuming you're playing the old version. The ladder causes an unfixable bug in level 3 in the newer versions, so I removed it as well as making some other changes. I've since discovered that I forgot to edit one of the spots where the ladder was used. I'm working on an update and adding overworld maps as well as fixing that bug. The quiver is one screen south of level 2's entrance. The bow, wooden arrows, and ladder/magic book are in level 2. I'll give you a hint that to get the arrows, you walk through a door behind a sand waterfall thing.

Edit: I said charge ring, but it was actually the magic book that you get in level 2.

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 15 November 2010 - 07:54 AM.

#32 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(ms_zelda_lady @ Nov 12 2010, 01:36 PM) View Post

Most of the clue is unreadable because you chose to put it in the same color as the background so all I can see is left and down and I don't know if that's the middle or the end of the clue.

Hi ms zelda lady! Make sure you have "show transparent layers" checked in your settings. This affects the background of the text. Just a thought...

#33 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Nov 14 2010, 02:32 PM) View Post

Since you have the ladder, I'm assuming you're playing the old version. The ladder causes an unfixable bug in level 3 in the newer versions, so I removed it as well as making some other changes. I've since discovered that I forgot to edit one of the spots where the ladder was used. I'm working on an update and adding overworld maps as well as fixing that bug. The quiver is one screen south of level 2's entrance. The bow, wooden arrows, and ladder/charge ring are in level 2. I'll give you a hint that to get the arrows, you walk through a door behind a sand waterfall thing.

Is this the bug you are talking about. I´m stuck in level 3, need a key for going on. icon_unsettled.gif
IPB Image

Downloaded the newer version, but the problem is still the same. Can´t leave the ladder icon_confused.gif
IPB Image

Edited by Lukaz, 14 November 2010 - 03:58 PM.

#34 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:28 PM

nice, i'm gonna take it for a spin. it looks like fun! GREAT WORK! icon_slycool.gif

#35 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:55 PM

Oh my God your game makes me so mad... icon_xd.gif

Killed the Aquamentus and where does the Heart Container fall!?? FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~ </rageguy>

Edit: Level 1's MIDI you picked pretty much destroyed half of my still-functional brain cells. icon_unsettled.gif I think you should've picked something a little more gentle, but ah, to each his own~

Edited by Schwa, 14 November 2010 - 04:57 PM.

#36 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:14 AM

@Lukaz: You should probably play the ladder fix version. It also has a bug in the level 3 area, but I'm fixing that in the next update.

@Schwa: Ah, but the dickery has only begun. Wait until you play levels 2&3. Also level 7 is probably the hardest level in the game (you'll see why soon enough).

#37 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Nov 15 2010, 05:14 AM) View Post

@Lukaz: You should probably play the ladder fix version. It also has a bug in the level 3 area, but I'm fixing that in the next update.

@Schwa: Ah, but the dickery has only begun. Wait until you play levels 2&3. Also level 7 is probably the hardest level in the game (you'll see why soon enough).

But it IS the ladder fix version, the second pic is from that version. I renamed it to the original file name and used my savefile. Shouldn´t that work ? - Or do you mean that you haven´t done the new update yet ? icon_unsettled.gif

#38 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE(Lukaz @ Nov 15 2010, 07:03 AM) View Post

But it IS the ladder fix version, the second pic is from that version. I renamed it to the original file name and used my savefile. Shouldn´t that work ? - Or do you mean that you haven´t done the new update yet ? icon_unsettled.gif

The ladder fix doesn't FIX the ladder bug. It removes the ladder altogether. I forgot to put a bridge over the river on the island, hence the fix to the fix. It's fixed now. I also added an overworld map for the main overworld and extended the length of the final battle. I'm going to be adding more maps in another update.

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 15 November 2010 - 07:55 AM.

#39 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Nov 15 2010, 06:51 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Lukaz @ Nov 15 2010, 07:03 AM) View Post

The ladder fix doesn't FIX the ladder bug. It removes the ladder altogether. I forgot to put a bridge over the river on the island, hence the fix to the fix. It's fixed now. I also added an overworld map for the main overworld and extended the length of the final battle. I'm going to be adding more maps in another update.

PM64, what shall I do ? - Do I have to restart the game. The latest update doesn´t solve the ladder problem by going on in level 3. It looks like the savefile doesn´t work with the new update. icon_unsettled.gif

Edited by Lukaz, 15 November 2010 - 11:34 AM.

#40 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

I could give you the level 3 password so you can take away the ladder item.
If you feel it would be too tempting to abuse it, I'm afraid you'll have to start over...

#41 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Nov 15 2010, 11:26 AM) View Post

I could give you the level 3 password so you can take away the ladder item.
If you feel it would be too tempting to abuse it, I'm afraid you'll have to start over...

Thanx, I have already started a new quest and I am at level 2. Is there more than one item ? - Ok, I would like to continue from level 3 so I would appreciate the code icon_razz.gif Anyway a great quest, thank you for this, pm64 icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Lukaz, 15 November 2010 - 01:29 PM.

#42 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:36 PM

Level 2 has the bow, arrows, and magic book. The magic book isn't needed for anything, so don't worry if you don't have it. I've sent you the cheats.

#43 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Nov 15 2010, 02:36 PM) View Post

Level 2 has the bow, arrows, and magic book. The magic book isn't needed for anything, so don't worry if you don't have it. I've sent you the cheats.

Thank you for that. I forgot the bow & arrows was there, I ment if the wand also was there when the book had replaced the ladder. I have had a hard time in level 4. Without the cheat code I had never beaten it. Always returning invisible wizzrobes is little to much for me. It´s okay with returning enemies up to level 3, but this was little to much. Let´s see what other think about it. Now going on with level 5. Is it possible to get the magic sword for now ? - The quest is great but hard icon_razz.gif

Edited by Lukaz, 15 November 2010 - 04:16 PM.

#44 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE(Lukaz @ Nov 15 2010, 04:14 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Nov 15 2010, 02:36 PM) View Post

Thank you for that. I forgot the bow & arrows was there, I ment if the wand also was there when the book had replaced the ladder. I have had a hard time in level 4. Without the cheat code I had never beaten it. Always returning invisible wizzrobes is little to much for me. It´s okay with returning enemies up to level 3, but this was little to much. Let´s see what other think about it. Now going on with level 5. Is it possible to get the magic sword for now ? - The quest is great but hard icon_razz.gif

Believe it or not, those wizrobes were supposed to be easier...instead it ended up being like a game of where's Waldo. That's when my design started to become just a little bit sadistic...icon_lol.gif The wand is in level 5. Unfortunately, you need it to get the next sword. That's why I say it's a good idea to look around after finding a dungeon item.

#45 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:08 PM

Hi ! after walking the maze I end at the screen ,, I thought was level -1 but I can't enter
or I don't know and hint? (((located level -2 but still to hard ))
walk the maze and end here,, is this the entrance to level -1 ? and how do I enter??
-
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users