Mega Man X6

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:55 PM

Mega Man X6 is the last PS installment of the X series which plays hundreds or more years after the classic series. They say that X games went downhill after X3-4. I kinda agree, but I learned to enjoy this episode. Though, the too high difficulty level is a serious problem, plus you need to find all or almost all secrets to beat the final levels which makes these "secrets" rather a mandatory thing than a real secret. I found out what tactic needs on what stage. For first, I couldn't even imagine how one could beat the stage of...
1. Blizzard Wolfang (quick avalanche, badly placed spikes, enemies with territorial advantage)
2. Infinity Mijinion (giant robot shoots you from background, reappearing flying enemies shoot you)
3. Blaze Heatnix (gigantic almost invulnerable mechanoloids shoot you, magma erupts quickly)

I barely defeated Infinity Mijinion and the secret form of High Max and now officially stuck at Dual Sells, the boss of the first final level. I have almost all parts, both armors and Zero (though, I never used Zero...).

Plus, there aren't enough MMX6 videos on YouTube. Altough, you can view mine HERE.

For those whos never fought against Dual Cell...
They are two half screen big cubes withcomplete invulnerability, spinning around the screen. You can't know where they start going and even if you have luck, it's hard to jump to one wall then dash away perfectly. When they stop and show their eyes, they can be hit (eyes are vulnerable), but the eyes shoot unavoidable attacks, like magma rain, random thunders, shock balls and they sometimes set the floor or ceiling on fire... I think the best bet is to use a Giga Attack on the eye when it comes out, then use charged sabers with it... But sometimes you can't reach the eyes, plus at low HP, they spin with extreme speed...

What is more annoying, I collected extremely many Nightmare Souls, yet my rank is still just GA...
I wish I had MMX7 and X8 even if they will turn out to be crap...

#2 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:55 PM

The shadow armor seems to work best on Duel Sells. Yes, they are very annoying and near impossible to dodge near the end. Don't worry the next level is worse anyhow.

#3 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:24 PM

MMX7 was a whole new experience for me. Most of the Stages and Battles against the Bosses were in 3-D.
There were some things I find very annoying.

Flame Hyenard is truly the most annoying Maverick ever. Not only do you have to deal with his clones, but you have to keep hearing him and his clones shouting:

QUOTE(Flame Hyenard)
"BURN! BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!"

With his constant pyromanical yelping every two seconds, this is one battle that's sure to get on your nerves fast.

Trust me CastChaos.

#4 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:04 AM

Flame Hyenard video

As for Dual Cells, I have seen a video with Blade armor... the player used charged anchor and the cells evaporated in 2 turns... However, it's almost impossible to get to Dual Cells without the Shadow armor (spikes all around).

I don't know that which Maverick was the most annoying for me... almost all drove me crazy for first fight, Izzy Glow and Commander Yammark were the only ones that I killed for first try. High Max's secret form was the one that really made me desperate. Rainy Turtloid almost drove me crazy, because for first I thought that he is completely invincible... I tried all weapons and realized only later the green "crystals"...

The 3D is sure can be fun...

EDIT:
Watch as I destroy Dual Cells!
It was hard to manage between the spikes with Blade armor, but the charged anchor really did it. I didn't even make an effort, as you can see.

EDIT2:
I destroyed Gate... It was... There aren't words to describe it! Fights like this make me think that VG companies don't even test their games... That retard floats around the room with extreme low AI, but without ground and sometimes shoots buggy, cloured balls... And it's possible to hit that disaster only by hitting ourselves, too! Plus there are more strange things.

Edited by CastChaos, 12 July 2007 - 11:34 AM.

#5 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:16 PM

Challenge:
Beat Shield Sheldon without taking a single hit with only your x-buster and no upgrades/heart tanks/etc.

Evil Challenge:
Beat Infinity Mijjion without taking a single hit with only your x-buster and no upgrades/heart tanks/etc.

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:52 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jul 13 2007, 03:16 AM) View Post

Challenge:
Beat Shield Sheldon without taking a single hit with only your x-buster and no upgrades/heart tanks/etc.

Evil Challenge:
Beat Infinity Mijjion without taking a single hit with only your x-buster and no upgrades/heart tanks/etc.

Minimal run on Shield Sheldon is probably not hard, the only insane part is when that seafood creates shields around itself and floats around the room.

Infinity Mijinion?
It's not even possible to get to it without Yammar Option, Magma Sabre and an armor that lowers hits!
But even if I get to that minimalized disaster... It overfloods the screen with its clones and with those green bubbles... I wonder if it's possible without Yammar Option and some weapon recharger and/or weapon plus part... I remember Bowser Blanchette mention some tactic in an other thread... But I don't remember it. I know nothing else than the barbaric "shoot what you see" tactic...

#7 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:51 AM

I've done it with Infinity, he has a pattern of sorts. You just need to find a pattern of your own to combat him. DO NOT ignore the clones, but also don't bother destroy all of them. Destroy enough clones and bubbles (which are destroyable) to make you way to him.

#8 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

• Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jul 13 2007, 08:51 AM) View Post

I've done it with Infinity, he has a pattern of sorts. You just need to find a pattern of your own to combat him. DO NOT ignore the clones, but also don't bother destroy all of them. Destroy enough clones and bubbles (which are destroyable) to make you way to him.

Do you have any video proof to your story?

#9 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:25 AM

I can't even tell the difference between the clones and the real one. Those bubbles take at least 2 saber hits! Theoretically, the laser shield is the weakness of this flame, however I found it quite useless... Yammar Option does more damage and 100 times faster... Actually, I found the laser shield itself totally useless. It's description is that it "blocks missiles for a counterattack" but it never bounced back any missiles at me... They say it's good against the virus ghosts, but I just evade those.

#10 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:05 AM

Disbelieve all you want, I beat Infinity with just X-buster alone. (yes I used charged shots, but that's beside the point) It took me roughly 20-30 tries before I got the hang of his rhythm and how he attacks. And about the 15th death, found out you can destroy bubbles and clones to clear the room a bit. This battle takes a good deal of patience. Its better to destroy the incoming bubble or clone than it is to barge in and try to get in that 'last' hit.
That and I havent' the slightest clue or equipment to transfer image from my Wii to my computer for proof.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8VEotXqkzeA
This guy actually did beat Infinity first with Zero. (guess he went out and got Zero, then tried Infinity immediately after. Regardless, awesome video, even if his voice is a bit annoying.)
Another one of Zero. Still trying to find Mega Man one.

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 13 July 2007 - 10:18 AM.

#11 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:30 AM

I have already seen that video and I wasn't so much impressed... Seems like the Z saber is so strong, fast and flexible that it's easy to beat anything with it. But really! As soon as the slash ends, another slash comes...

However, I never used Zero... I'd use him only if I can get him before killing the first boss, so I can power up Zero by going through the stages. Plus, I prefer killing something from far than going near it and risk being smashed flat. Potato Zero.

#12 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

• Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:35 PM

The difference between the Real Infinity Mijinion and the fake is that the clones NEVER move.

#13 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:04 PM

I started minimal runs. They weren't as hard as I thought.

Commander Yammark owned!
Shield Sheldon pwnd!

However, others are very hard, not sure if I even try.

EDIT:
I tried Metal Shark Player's stage, but seems like it's not possible to go through the third compressor as simple X without extreme effort and luck... First, there is the part where the wall is siped and you need to dashjump from the opposite wall. Well, it's hard to manage, the air dashing seems the only useful solution... Then there is the part where the floor is spiked and you need to stick to the lowering compressor until it ascends again, then jump down and air dash to the right. Without air dash, I need to conserve a nightmare, have it attack me and when the compressor is up and I'm still flashing, I need to step on the spikes and dashjump out before I die. Well, I could do it only once, but at that time I got near the heart tank which I wanted to avoid picking up (since it was a minimal run), and kept walking to the right (so the conveyor won't take me in the heart tank) but the compressor got me. Actually, it's hard even with Falcon armor. It's a nightmare.

Edited by CastChaos, 14 July 2007 - 04:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users