Seriously...

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:35 PM

When I'm working on my quest, after I do like any combo'ing or drastic changes to things I get this error message.
IPB Image
This comes up like every 10 mins and its really starting to me me feel like punching babies in the face. Its so annoying, not only cause I lose abunch of stuffin my quest, buts its hella inconvienent.

I'm using 2.10 and its only seems to happen in this version. I really don't want to update, because there is nothing stable to upgrade to. And I don't want to downgrade because I would have to redo a rediculous amount of stuff.

Any soulutions?

#2 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:25 AM

Save your progress every 9 minutes?

254 is very stable. The only bugs are just graphic inconsistencies, and some enemy bugs, but none are game stopping (or even annoying).

I strongly recommend 254, but it's your choice.

#3 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:55 AM

I havent heard too much good stuff about 254, like peoples quests going corrupt. And I really don't want to lose EVERYTHING. Maybe I'll wait until another stable beta.

#4 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:17 AM

Here's an idea...

make backups...

#5 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:28 AM

I can't help you much on 254 but I remember quests going corrupt big time three years ago 1.92.
Heh, my solution was to not close ZQuest at all.
Of cource their was the chance that my computer shut down/restart.

#6 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:53 AM

Oh don't you worry about b254. It's a very stable and safe beta, I can guarantee it. I have been building Lost Isle with the build and I have encountered no problems. The only concer might be the compatibility of some features with upcoming betas because there's this one ZC developer who keeps adding and changing stuff way too much...

#7 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:59 PM

There's another ZC developer here who's quite the opposite: never gets much done icon_frown.gif

Still, at least we have custom items now. Without _L_ we'd probably be nowhere near there.

Oh, and Evan: which 2.10?
There's the original, and DN's updated 2.10.2 which should be fully compatible. Try the other one if that works for you. If it's the new 2.10.2 that's crashing on you all the time a bug report to AGN migt be in order, we can make a 2.10.3 if it's serious.

#8 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:52 PM

I had this problem before, it was the orignal 2.10. Not the 2.10.2.

#9 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:26 PM

This use to happen to me all the time with 2.10 on XP. I suggest you use something else, not much you can do here.

#10 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:44 PM

Yeah I'm using the original 2.10 on Windows. Oh well, I geuss I'm updating to 254.

I'm just kinda worried about all the new features as they might distract me and make me take longer to finish my quest. But I geuss its better than Zc crashing all the time and me losing a bunch of stuff.

#11 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:08 PM

I think that error may only occur if you try to open ZQuest in full-screen. Try making a windowed shortcut.

Read this topic if you don't know how: http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=26604

#12 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE(Evan the great @ May 1 2007, 06:44 PM) View Post

Yeah I'm using the original 2.10 on Windows. Oh well, I geuss I'm updating to 254.

I'm just kinda worried about all the new features as they might distract me and make me take longer to finish my quest. But I geuss its better than Zc crashing all the time and me losing a bunch of stuff.

You coud always jus upgrade to 2.10.2.

#13 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:01 PM

I've already made the switch to 254 and I was wondering if the subscreen editor is disabled in this version because it doesnt seem to be working for me.

#14 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE(Evan the great @ May 1 2007, 09:01 PM) View Post

I've already made the switch to 254 and I was wondering if the subscreen editor is disabled in this version because it doesnt seem to be working for me.

What exactly is not working about it for you? Because its working for me! I would need more info on your problem to see if I can help you!

#15 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:15 AM

Well I make my subscreen as I want it but when I set it to my dmap it does not show up. And when I save and exit ZC it isnt there when I open my quest again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users