Photo

Screenshot of the Week 671

klop422 Shoshon the Elegant Shane

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 671 (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:19 PM

klop422
klop422.png
Link finds himself confused at all this snow in the desert, but realises that this is better than the lazy alternative of just having walls between the two. Or at least it looks cooler.

Shoshon the Elegant
Shoshon%20the%20Elegant.png
An old image from a mostly dead project.
....I know it has some issues.

Shane
Shane.png
Trying out Koten again, here's a screen.

#2 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:48 PM

klop's screen really blindsided me, looks fantastic, didn't expect to see such a cool take on two different environments that doesn't look flat or dull at all, even though it's mostly classic. Really feeling it. Voted.

I like the environment and color in Shoshon's but it seems a little too square-cornery.

Shane's screen is aiming to have multiple levels of topographical height, but it could really use some overlap to help pull that off, otherwise it looks flat and the intended elevation doesn't really communicate the way it should. (It's easy to think the ground is all at the same level with short rock walls between areas of ground)

Edited by Cukeman, 23 July 2018 - 11:49 PM.

• ShadowTiger, Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder, Shane and 3 others like this

#3 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:55 PM

Voted for Shane. 

I really like those mountain tiles.

• Shane and coolgamer012345 like this

#4 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:00 AM

klop's screen really blindsided me, looks fantastic, didn't expect to see such a cool take on two different environments that doesn't look flat or dull at all, even though it's mostly classic. Really feeling it. Voted.

I like the environment and color in Shoshon's but it seems a little too square-cornery.

Shane's screen is aiming to have multiple levels of topographical height, but it could really use some overlap to help pull that off, otherwise it looks flat and the intended elevation doesn't really communicate the way it should. (It's easy to think the ground is all at the same level with short rock walls between areas of ground)

Yeah, a slight drawback to the way I had submitted those tiles, originally. They weren't pre-shaded, and there are some errors in the setup. I have better versions available, now.

Anyways, voted for Shane, cuz I'm an egotist.

Edited by Binx, 24 July 2018 - 03:49 AM.

• Shane likes this

#5 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:38 PM

klop422

Wow! This is certainly an very well-designed screen and even more impressive that it was accomplished with the Classic tileset as the base. I absolutely love the desert to snow transition as it actually works really well. Additionally, the detailing is nice, the mountain tiles are used very effectively, and screen errors are nonexistent from what I can tell. I have no complaints here! Great work.

Shoshon the Elegant

This is a pretty simple but effective screen, in my opinion. As you said in the caption, there are certainly a few issues, in particular with the mountain perspectives and the lack of visual variety, but other than that it's not bad at all.

Shane

I really enjoyed the detailing with this screen as there is a lot of visual variety and nowhere seems to be lacking aesthetically. I do have to agree with Cukeman's point regarding the mountain perspectives, but I can see what you were trying to go for and other than that I have no complaints. Nice job showing off what Koten is capable of!

Good work to everyone this week but I ultimately ended up voting for klop422. I really dig that beautiful transition. :)

• Shane likes this

#6 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:16 PM

With 50.00% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 671 is klop422!

klop422.png
Link finds himself confused at all this snow in the desert, but realises that this is better than the lazy alternative of just having walls between the two. Or at least it looks cooler.

Congrats!!

Voting totals:
- klop422 - 22 votes [50.00%]
- Shoshon the Elegant - 6 votes [13.64%]
- Shane - 16 votes [36.36%]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: klop422, Shoshon the Elegant, Shane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users