chest problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RingleaderStudios

RingleaderStudios

Initiate

• Members

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:59 AM

so im using the ezgbz tileset and when i put an item on top of a chest it appears over it in game does anyone know any reasons why this is happening

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#2 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:58 AM

Chests use the Special Item room type option, not the standard room item.

You set this up per screen, so go to the "Screen" menu, choose "Room Type," choose "Special Item," then hit OK. Next, go to the "Screen" menu again, choose "Special Item" (now listed below "Room Type"), and choose your item from the list. A "Special Item is xxx" note should appear at the bottom right of your screen if you have "Show Screen Info" enabled (option under "View" menu, or press "n").

Note that this is the same setting that item cellars use to select their item, so you can't have a treasure chest and an item cellar in the same room. (I mean, you can, but collecting the item from one will leave the other empty, so it's pointless.)

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:58 AM

Screen items that aren't always visible, such as those found in chests, under armos, under slashables, or in water use the screen's Catch-All variable instead of the screen item. Set the Room Type to Special Item and set Catch-All (It will show up as Special Item after the room type is set) to the item you want in the chest. Also be sure the chest has Flag 10 over it.

Edit: Curse you Lüt and your better explanation! 

Edited by Moosh, 09 January 2019 - 04:00 AM.

#4 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:42 AM

It's OK, you can take the cutscenes thread, I don't have a clue about that one :P

#5 RingleaderStudios

RingleaderStudios

Initiate

• Members

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:30 AM

thank you ive got it

• Lüt likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users