Photo

Screenshot of the Week 248

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Poll: ... (38 member(s) have cast votes)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

Jimmyb: Looks good. Although which one is Link, the one in green, or in blue?

T.: I love that tileset. The transparent water doesn't fit perfectly, but still, I love the tileset, and it;'s a great screen! *votes*

Link R Us: Meh, it's okay, but not really SotW worthy.

#17 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:01 PM

jimmyb: 7/10
Solid shot. I more or less agree with Nuvo on the main points- sprites are too dense, the rocks should be layered, etc. I feel like this shot could gain a lit from more consistency- in town shots especially, I try to make certain details uniform to give the area flow. This shot doesn't have a single dominant detail- you have one tree, two roads, three different house walls... it's a very compartmentalized shot. I don't know if that made sense at all, and if it didn't I apologize.
T. Platinum: 7/10
This shot flows well- really well. I feel like its weakness is in its extremely basic structure- besides the transparent water, it seems to be a very standard Pure shot with no individualistic touches. Also, your top two trees are too close to the border... If you walk from the top, you'll run right into them.
Link R us: 4/10
Well, I never really liked this particular tileset to begin with- on top of that it has little detail over much of the screen and has a troubling top-left corner. To say anything else would be to beat a dead horse, really. It's been critiqued. icon_shrug.gif

I decided to vote for jimmyb, as his shot had the most flair and personal style of the three.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users