27 replies to this topic

#1 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 27 December 2019 - 05:43 PM

Hello,

unknown.png

as seen here i have made a interior room, the room is Layer0 and the bottom of the object is layer1 but why does the black stuff uppear when its layer1 instead of layer0?

• Matthew likes this

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:04 PM

That's not an easy question. It should work.

Something is wrong here ;( Does the screen use itself as a layer?

#3 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:23 PM

not sure but i used Layer1 as Screen00 same as there is rtight now

444108a949.png

#4 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:17 PM

Why's the layer marked transparent? Really it should say translucent, because it means that the layer will be visible, but you can see stuff through it. Given what you're trying to do, you don't want that box checked.

But as to the problems with your shot, I see three things as the most likely possibilities.

1. The bottom of the bookcase is actually on layer 0. Use the buttons near the bottom of the editor to switch to layer 1.

2. There's a black combo (maybe the bookcase itself) on layer 0, in addition to the bookcase on layer 1. Replace the layer 0 combo with a ground combo.

3. The black part on the bookcase is the wrong color, meaning it's black rather than the transparent color. This seems unlikely, unless you've imported this tile yourself.

In the case of #3, if you right click the combo and select "open tile page," then edit the tile, you can see whether it's "black" or "transparent" based on the appearance of the pixels in the editor. They should have little x's on them if they're transparent, or show up as solid black if black.

One other tip. you can disable layers by clicking a check box next to the buttons where you select which layer you're drawing on. In this case, you might want to disable layer 1 to see what's underneath it on layer 0 (to check for situation #2 above). Be careful, though, because you can still draw on invisible layers.

I hope this helps.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#5 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:23 PM

Thsi is what Layer0 looks like

3bdcce6f71.png

i placed the Bokocase Bottom on Layer1 as seen here

dada3fd483.png

3# can also be thrown out

unknown.png

edit: when i place the bottom bookcase as layer1 and then click the cross to disable layer1 it stas??

Edited by Heffernans, 27 December 2019 - 07:26 PM.

#6 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:29 PM

dada3fd483.png

Here we go. It's as Avaro said. The screen is using itself as a layer. In the very bottom left, I can see you're on map 2, screen 0, which is the same screen you're using for layer 1. Each layer needs its own screen in order to function.

The easiest way of doing this would be to auto-layer map 3 as layer 1. You can do this by clicking the "Auto" button under layer 1, entering map 3, and proceeding through the prompts.

You could also assign a specific screen as layer 1 if you wanted. Most people find the auto-layer method easiest. That way you get all the layers for a map set up on another map, and the screens match.

But in any case, you can't use the same screen for multiple layers.

Edit: Oh, I just noticed you have layer 3 set to the same screen as well. The same thing applies. Layer 3 would need its own screen, and couldn't share with 0 or 1. Typically when I make a map, I reserve the following 2-3 maps for layers, and then auto-layer.

#7 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:42 PM

b97ddf679d.png

589f229c62480d95163d3f39a5307d6a.jpg

another small question, i setup a downloaded npc script with the Links Awakenin g boundary Box

8f2364a854.png

a604cc109a.png

but all i get is this? (including a wierd DMG B/8 showing when near the sign)

unknown.png

• Matthew likes this

#8 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:48 PM

I'm not immediately familiar with this script. Is it supposed to print the boundary box itself?

My best guess is that the script requires you to set up constants. This means editing the script itself, which for light editing, you could do with Windows's notepad. Look for lines that start with "const int" and make sure they're set up with the right values from your file. For example, there might be one that's the tile to draw above Link's head, or the tile to use for the message frame.

I don't know which script you're using specifically, so all I can do here is guess.

#9 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:52 PM

with the Help of Avaro i use Moosh's NPC Script https://www.purezc.n...scripts&id=149 (i once mapped with ZC but just had to relearn it and i dont know anything about scripting)

but its shows as alrerady setup for Links Awakening so i though that would be done already?  also i hacve Text Around bounding box set.

#10 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 27 December 2019 - 08:03 PM

So looking through the script, it looks like it prints editor messages directly. So you'll need to set your own frame for the message. You can do that from page 2 of the string editor. You'll want to pick the upper left of a 2x2 frame from the tile pages.

As for the thing above Link's head:

const int CMB_NPC_CANTALK = 44; //The combo used for the speech bubble
const int CS_NPC_CANTALK = 8; //The CSet used for the speech bubble

Constants in database scripts like this usually appear near the top of the file for easy editing. You'll just want to change the numbers 44 and 8 to match whatever icon you want to appear above Link's head. The number 44 is from the combo list, not the tile pages. If you want nothing to appear at all, you could probably set it to a blank combo, such as (usually) combo 1.

#11 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 27 December 2019 - 08:17 PM

Thanks, as said i never scripted (just done some basic VERY BAD c++ for my other 3d game) so i might need to figure that out later

but for now i can change the button that works thanks :)

#12 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 27 December 2019 - 09:28 PM

somewhere... i believe i fuckede up now?

https://www.youtube....h?v=ufBj78gUTOc

#13 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:10 PM

Oh, dear ... I'm guessing you put down an auto-warp combo type somewhere?

I think combo 2 is an auto-warp in some tilesets, but it can be invisible if put on a layer. If you scroll your mouse over the first few combos, you should be able to see what type they are. Or you could right click them and edit combo to look in more detail.

const int CMB_NPC_HIDDEN = 41; //Non-solid combo used for hidden NPCs
const int CMB_NPC_SOLID = 42; //Solid combo placed under visible NPCs

Did you perhaps set one of these constants to an autowarp combo?

#14 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:18 PM

uuh thx lol

3045d1ca8b.png

seems i put the wrong one was figuring out how to make the player enter doors.

#15 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:20 PM

Oh, wow. Yup, that'd do it. As the default combo, 0 appears on nearly every screen as a blank combo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users