Tile ripping help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

average everyday normal guy

• Members

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:41 AM

So i have a quest i made some sprites on that i would like to re-use on my side quest but im not sure how to rip the specific tiles from one to the other. Would also be nice to know to make tile sets for the community site. Any help or advice on the matter is appreciated.

#2 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 November 2019 - 07:10 AM

If you go to the tile page that the sprites you want are located on, click on the "Export" button at the bottom of the tile page, This will export that tile page as a set of tiles that you can then open in your side project by using the "Grab" option to select the file you just exported. If your side project uses a different tileset or colorset, you may have to retweak the sprites, as the Recolor button doesnt always pull the same colors it should. 

• ChrisHunter64 likes this

#3 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

• Members

Posted 04 November 2019 - 12:21 PM

Awesome i shall do this asap. Much appreciate my octofrien.

#4 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

• Members

Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:49 AM

If you go to the tile page that the sprites you want are located on, click on the "Export" button at the bottom of the tile page, This will export that tile page as a set of tiles that you can then open in your side project by using the "Grab" option to select the file you just exported. If your side project uses a different tileset or colorset, you may have to retweak the sprites, as the Recolor button doesnt always pull the same colors it should.

Worked like a charm. Is handy you can do that. Makes it so you can take any amount of work you did on one thing you can apply it on anything else

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users