E. Anim and W/H

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:24 AM

Is there a better explanation for this, like in zquest.txt? There only few things are explained and I couldn't find something on the wiki either. Like what is supposed to be used for which kind of enemy or are some of them even not useable so far.

Have W/H even an effect. Is there a way to reduce unneeded tiles, like with Keese that need 32 tiles while actually only three different tiles are used multiple times?

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:35 AM

O.Anim/E.Anim is the enemy's old/new animation data. Which field actually functions is toggled by the "Use New Enemy Tiles" quest rule under the Enemies section. ZC has a bunch of different animation types. For the most part the ones with frame counts and directions listed are the new animations and the ones named after regular enemies are the old Zelda 1 animations. Unless you're making a tileset that has compatibility with both animation types you'll only need the new ones. You can reduce the number of frames by changing the enemy's animations.

Apparently all W/H do is set the dimensions of the block of tiles in the tile editor where it will give a warning when you try to change that enemy's tiles.

Edited by Moosh, 06 October 2017 - 09:36 AM.

#3 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:24 AM

What I meant was that for example the first line is walking, the second pausing before shooting and the third shooting for Oktoroks. It would be interesting to know this for different kinds of animations/enemies like the 4 lines of floating wizzrobes. Or how far they are combinable, for example I can't just set up Keese to 8-Dir + Firing to make them able to fire and I am a bit confused how to navigate through these many animations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users