Photo

Current State of my Youtube/Twitch Channels (and me as a gamer)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 August 2020 - 01:06 PM

I'm still relevant! Please don't ignore me!!! jk

So anybody who's been following me on my discord server will know, I don't take streams or Let's Plays as seriously as I used to, I even turned all my videos to unlisted and haven't offered a reliable way of sharing those videos. I do believe all the URLs on here still work though for all the past ones I've shared.

My love for streaming (and gaming in general) has dwindled. I am still very passionate about completing my own quest, but my interests in playing hardly any other game, including Zelda Classic quests is not there. 

I've been battling weight issues for almost a decade, and I'm tired of it. I'm also getting tired at how long games are getting, and the drama that surrounds monetary practices. I try to turn to indie games or retro styled games to get out of this, but then I feel like I'm getting tired of sticking in the past. I've also become genre fatigued so reaching out to new genres doesn't help either. I don't make it a secret on PureZC's discord just how disgruntled I am with this hobby, I think maybe, assuming you can grow out of video games, I think I might have finally done it. I think I might have finally grew out of video games.  :shrug: 

Don't get me wrong, anybody on my Steam page will see that I still play them, but my interests are just waning. I turned to video games to help deal with Coronavirus lockdown, and that only made things even worse. 

So ya, when I stream, I literally just do it on a whim, with no schedule, only to play what I want to play, and I just drop a link on my discord or convince Moosh or somebody to come by for a chat. Recently there's been a few drunk streams (since my son has spent the summer staying with his mother).

There's nothing to my streams anymore that shows any sense of professional about it now. I simply don't care for having an audience, even though everybody's still welcome to drop by, I've just given up.  :worried: Too exhausting to take any of it seriously. Also, the novelty of streaming is wearing off as a whole. 

Before I got into gaming like I did, I was heavily into self improvement, almost like a self improvement junkie.  :eyebrow: I realized those types of guys/girls are too serious and not fun and I didn't want to be like that. I felt it was hollow and isolating, but then I turn to video games as a trade off??? That's even more hollow and isolating.  :worried: At least for me anyways! I'm not trying to be Joe Rogan here and judge anybody else for playing games (even though I don't feel what he said was that bad).

So I think for now, I'm going to continue focusing on my quest like I always does, but also prioritize self improvement again, and just get better hobbies. I haven't realized just how miserable I've been until recently I've been forced to look at my life after a spontaneous loss a particular love interest I've had since October. Having somebody to care for other than myself and my intermediate family made me realize just how hollow my existence this decade actually was (even though I tried to humorously, but not so humorously pretend I didn't with my lame style of joking). 

Maybe I'm a classic 'jump to the self improvement binge after a loss of somebody I care for', but what odds, I need something better than the constant agony of wasting my life away.  :-/

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:03 PM

Heyy! What do you mean by self improvement? What does this activity entail exactly? Confused by that.

As for games, well it's always good to realise you're not interested in what you're doing anymore. It's fine. Your let's plays were really well made, but doing youtube is definetly not for everyone. You can play games whenever you like to still. I actually play them pretty rarely, maybe about 10 games a year, which are either indie games that I love or Nintendo stuff (BotW 2 when???).

I assume the weight comes from the alcohol and too much sitting at home? No idea of course. It can be fun to take walks, explore places, and of course do activities with friends/family.

I'm hyped that TRIFORCE keeps on living! ;)

Edited by Avaro, 04 August 2020 - 02:07 PM.

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:19 PM

I assume the weight comes from the alcohol and too much sitting at home? No idea of course. It can be fun to take walks, explore places, and of course do activities with friends/family.

I rarely drink, so that's not it, I only just been doing it recently because I finally got a bit of a break from parenting. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users