Destiny of the Oracles- Help/Bug Topic

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#31 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 21 September 2020 - 03:00 PM

That sounds like it may be the same bug as before, because if I recall correctly; there's only one place you can use that in sideview while enemies are around.

Spoiler

I'm adding an edit to the code for the functions which scan all npc's to only check npc's with HP more than zero.

This should fix the rest of these crashes.

#32 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 21 September 2020 - 04:18 PM

I think I just broke my game permanently.  I'm in Subzero Storehouse.  I had two keys.  Not being sure where to use them, I let myself get hit by magic bolts, which propelled me across the floor on one of those rooms with the fans that are supposed to keep me from going that direction.  Eventually, I made it past the fans when I shouldn't have and used both my keys on doors I shouldn't have been able to access.  Now I've actually stumbled on the door(s) where I was supposed to actually use the keys in the first place, but they're gone.

#33 phatjak69

phatjak69

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 September 2020 - 06:01 PM

Thanks for all the fixes, pretty much at the end:

Spoiler

#34 rgamerzc

rgamerzc

• Members

Posted 21 September 2020 - 10:55 PM

I have a problem with Nayru's level 8 where because I'm playing this game on a laptop I don't have a center mouse ball to swap to the ice book in order to I think trigger the solution to a problem.  And I'm playing on the 2.53 release candidate I think.

#35 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 22 September 2020 - 09:51 AM

Thanks for all the fixes, pretty much at the end:

The final bosses each have the same weakness for each form that the mini-bosses do.

If you haven't defeated them yet. here's what to use.

Spoiler

Regarding that clue in the underground village.

Spoiler

I have a problem with Nayru's level 8 where because I'm playing this game on a laptop I don't have a center mouse ball to swap to the ice book in order to I think trigger the solution to a problem.  And I'm playing on the 2.53 release candidate I think.

I hadn't thought of that.

I could easily make it a left-click instead.

I was just running out of buttons to use for this function.

I think I just broke my game permanently.  I'm in Subzero Storehouse.  I had two keys.  Not being sure where to use them, I let myself get hit by magic bolts, which propelled me across the floor on one of those rooms with the fans that are supposed to keep me from going that direction.  Eventually, I made it past the fans when I shouldn't have and used both my keys on doors I shouldn't have been able to access.  Now I've actually stumbled on the door(s) where I was supposed to actually use the keys in the first place, but they're gone.

So, you damage boosted past the fans?

Clearly this wasn't intended.

Do you remember which fans in particular you did this for?

That way I can make it where this isn't possible.

As for how to fix this for you, I could potentially create a shop for level specific keys which would act as a just in case solution to this sort of problem.

Edited by ywkls, 22 September 2020 - 10:00 AM.

#36 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 September 2020 - 10:12 AM

So, you damage boosted past the fans?

Clearly this wasn't intended.

Do you remember which fans in particular you did this for?

That way I can make it where this isn't possible.

As for how to fix this for you, I could potentially create a shop for level specific keys which would act as a just in case solution to this sort of problem.

Yeah, I was kinda out of ideas and noticed that it was letting me do that, so I just went with it.  It's the long left-right fans a little N, maybe NW of start, and there are wizards firing giant snowballs at you.

I'm considering just restarting the game, because I like it enough that I want to finish.  I wouldn't go putting in special shops just to assuage my idiocy.  One suggestion I do have, though (and again, this gets back to my idiocy) - I had that problem earlier where I had beaten Malevolent Mines and left without ever opening the blue chest.  I was then lost and had absolutely no idea what I missed or where to find it.  If you could somehow put a checkstep in so that you have to use the item in the blue chest to get to the boss room, that would prevent people from doing what I did.

#37 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 22 September 2020 - 10:18 AM

If you could somehow put a checkstep in so that you have to use the item in the blue chest to get to the boss room, that would prevent people from doing what I did.

That would be easy enough to do.

I also am thinking about adding signs to the existing shops, spelling out what items they have because I already know of at least one person who didn't buy something that would be very useful.

One of the things I could probably for that issue in Din level 5 is remove the enemies from rooms where damage boosting past the fans would aid you.

#38 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 September 2020 - 10:20 AM

One of the things I could probably for that issue in Din level 5 is remove the enemies from rooms where damage boosting past the fans would aid you.

for what it's worth, once I was successful doing it once, I tried damage-boosting on the other fans and was completely unable to.

#39 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 22 September 2020 - 12:36 PM

Alright, I've just submitted an update which alters the activation of the power of the Magic Book from the center wheel to a left-click.

Also, removed the Ice Wizzrobes from that room to prevent damage boosting across.

Added a trigger in Din level 3 to require the level 2 wand crystal and a sign explaining this.

Changed a bunch of combos around the quest to prevent CSet errors in ZC 2.53 and newer.

#40 spiff999

spiff999

Junior

• Members

Posted 22 September 2020 - 03:32 PM

Done with both level 5's.  Know where I need to go for each but have no idea how to open up the areas so I can reach them.  \

#41 Malstygian

Malstygian

Initiate

• Members

Posted 22 September 2020 - 03:46 PM

Done with both level 5's.  Know where I need to go for each but have no idea how to open up the areas so I can reach them.  \

I second this. I've beaten Din's Level 6, but have no idea how to get to Nayru's Level 6. I did something that caused some effect to a random screen in the southwest in Nayru's world. However, it doesn't seem like that there are any raft paths that will take me there. From the t island made of docks, I can go one screen south to reach the top level of docks, but going left or right takes me back to the t. From the left side of the t, I'm able to get to the Zora by the mailbox.

For Din's level 6, you use the same cave system you traversed to get to her level 3. After beating her and Nayru's level 5, the portion of the cave with a column blocking your path should be accessible. I can't remember whether you had to trip something on Nayru's end to get rid of that column though...

Edited by Malstygian, 22 September 2020 - 03:51 PM.

#42 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 22 September 2020 - 06:18 PM

I second this. I've beaten Din's Level 6, but have no idea how to get to Nayru's Level 6. I did something that caused some effect to a random screen in the southwest in Nayru's world. However, it doesn't seem like that there are any raft paths that will take me there. From the t island made of docks, I can go one screen south to reach the top level of docks, but going left or right takes me back to the t. From the left side of the t, I'm able to get to the Zora by the mailbox.

For Din's level 6, you use the same cave system you traversed to get to her level 3. After beating her and Nayru's level 5, the portion of the cave with a column blocking your path should be accessible. I can't remember whether you had to trip something on Nayru's end to get rid of that column though...

At the foot of Rolling Ridge is a cave that requires the boomerang which opens up that path to Din level 6.

As you go that way as Din, you come to a row of spikes with a torch at the end which is activated by Summer's Heat.

This creates a bridge to connect two groups of raft path.

Rafting right or down from that t junction with the Sheikah Statue should lead you to the screen where changes were made in Labrynna.

This lets you access Nayru level 6.

Edited by ywkls, 22 September 2020 - 06:24 PM.

#43 ZachAttack20192001

ZachAttack20192001

• Members

Posted 24 September 2020 - 04:02 AM

So in Din's level 1, I kept randomly falling through the floor. I assume that's not supposed to happen?

#44 aranche

aranche

Initiate

• Members

Posted 24 September 2020 - 04:59 AM

At black tower stuck but din is missing her 4th skill any hint ?

Edited by aranche, 24 September 2020 - 08:13 AM.

#45 ZachAttack20192001

ZachAttack20192001

• Members

Posted 24 September 2020 - 07:23 AM

OK so I made it to the Masked Bow Wow boss and ran out of ember seeds. With the fact that if you die it resets you at the boss, does that mean I have to restart?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users