Reclamation

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#166 chip_on

chip_on

Initiate

• Members

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:51 PM

Miguel - Thanks for all your help so far.

Sorry that doesn't work. There are no enimies in lvl-8 b1-45. I killed them long time ago and they have never reappeared.

The room has an invisible door on the west side. On the top - there is an unlit firepot surrounded by 4 money pots and to the south there are 2 posts that need to be lowered. When I use the lens on the fire pot, it shows both a flame and the wand. Since I have the book, that should set it off. However, every time I try it, the flame goes right through the firepot.

I've tried just lighting it with fire but that doesn't do anything either.

I'm stuck.

Good luck on Level 9

Edited by chip_on, 22 October 2008 - 02:56 PM.

#167 miguel

miguel

• Members

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:44 PM

yes -- we're talking about the same room. Take a break and a walk outside (in the overworld, I mean). You should have plenty of enemies on your return. I just went back and checked myself.

BTW did you ever find the key shop that is supposed to be in the SE part of the overworld? I don't need it but when I thought i did, I searched and bombed in vain and am still curious. And have you figured out how to get the 1/4 Heart piece that is visible in the far northern Hellfire Plateau in the same screen as the Shop? Just curious -- m

Edited by miguel, 22 October 2008 - 06:59 PM.

#168 chip_on

chip_on

Initiate

• Members

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:55 PM

I'm off for the rest of the night so I'll try it later. I've been out several times, including going to get the blue tunic and then coming back into 8. I'll try it again tomorrow and see what happens.

As for the key in the shop in the SE corner - can't find the shop. I went looking for it as an alternative solution but I can't find it. I've looked everyplace and it's no where to be found.

Heart piece on the plateau - I also have seen it but haven't figured out how to get it. It looks like you might have to drop down to get it but can't do that on this overworld.

How's Level 9 going?

#169 miguel

miguel

• Members

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:37 AM

level 9 is straightforward -- much easier than lvl 7 or 8 IMO since i ended up doing much of those without either the blue suit or the good sword -- puzzles are a bit easier but still some interesting and unexpected rooms. keys work out ok so no need to worry about the missing key shop. I'm up to the final boss sequence now -- maybe tomorrow or the next day will finish when i have time. I miss the complexity of 7 and 8 already.

Are you using 2.10? maybe that would explain why the digdogger kids don't regenerate?? Try quitting and saving outside and then whistle your way back to level 5 and then return via the caves. Something is bound to work.

good luck --m

#170 chip_on

chip_on

Initiate

• Members

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:04 AM

Miguel - I think you found my problem. I have been using V2.11 rather than V2.10. I wasn't even aware of the issue. My shortcuts were mislabled somehow. Oh well, it's either finding the key shop, restarting in 2.10 or quiting it entirely.

I think I'll let it sit for a day or 2 till I decide what I'm going to do.

Good luck on finishing lvl 9 and thanks for the help over the last few days.

#171 miguel

miguel

• Members

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:06 PM

chip-on -- Before you restart or quit, try dropping your save filefrom 2.11 into the v2.10 folder after you've started up Reclamation again in 2.10. Might work and save you some hassles. I still have no idea where the key shop is located. Maybe a PM to Arathorn might be in order?

Oh - and that visible heart high in the Hellfire Plateau -- same approach -- just use your wand to light the odd rock behind the store by hitting one of the vampire bats as it flies past (and duck into the store to regenerate bats as needed). Unfortunately that leaves me 1/4 heart short of the full 16 and I don't have the slightest idea which / where I've missed one.

good luck - m

Arathorn -- excellent quest -- the few minor drawing glitches don't detract at all from the fact that it was chalenging, interesting, good puzzles, creative bosses etc -- yep -- it was a bit tough in the level 7 and 8 parts, but a thorough delight -- thx for making it and i would love to play or test your next one -- miguel

Edited by miguel, 26 October 2008 - 11:32 PM.

#172 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:15 AM

Excellent quest, great puzzles and challenging fight sequences. Dungeons are masterful...wondering how you're going to top each successive dungeon, but you pull it off! I need one more key to unlock the shield ; thought I could finish without the shield but those damn pesky ghostlike apparitions in the final sequence won't let me finish the job. The only key that I need in level 9 Death Mountain is the room that apparently is accessible from the south, but the door won't open when I cover the two pegs. Also from the east, but I can't get to the door when it opens because of the chasm that also opens up when those two pegs get covered. How do I get in that room ( 1st floor, 3 rooms up from the bottom right corner) . Buying a key would be self-defeating and I don't want to have raise the deniro to buy it. Nevertheless, a really clever and challenging ordeal with some original stuff. I hope there will be a follow-up endeavor. Thanks!

#173 antwan4000

antwan4000

Junior

• Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

Where are the three keys for level 4?

#174 andnay

andnay

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:59 AM

Seriously? 4 Ghosts and 2 Blue wizzards as boss in level 3?
Why not add a few knights and dragons to make it a bit challenging?

Edited by andnay, 06 November 2011 - 04:59 AM.

#175 Chrono17

Chrono17

• Members

Posted 17 November 2020 - 10:41 PM

What's the deal with the right mirror in front of the Boss room on lvl 6? I fire my wand at it as well as the mirrors, but the blast won't hit the switch! This is my third attempt at playing through and since V2.10 Doesn't display properly I've been playing on V 2.50.2.

Edited by Chrono17, 03 December 2020 - 10:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users