What Anime are You Watching?

• Please log in to reply
774 replies to this topic

#1 Jubbz

Jubbz

Balls Deep

• Members

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

Hey guys! I just thought I'd make this thread, asking what anime are you guys watching.

In fact, I'm doing this to see if anyone here even watches anime as it airs in Japan like I do.

So what are you guys watching this season? You can talk about anything that's airing, whether it's in Japan, or here in the States on TV.

#2 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Anime I'm watching now?

None that I can think of.

Anime I've watched in the past?
Hmm, lessee...

Dragon Ball Z, School Rumble, Inuyasha, and a couple others I can't quite recall the names of. icon_sorry.gif

Edited by Dragonite, 30 November 2012 - 12:28 AM.

#3 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

My brain's focus is out of whack right now so I am literally incapable of watching subbed episodes of anime. Unless that anime is Azumanga Daioh, but let's be fair, I don't need subtitles for that.

Also, I suspect this will soon be closed/merged with "What are you watching", just a heads-up so that it doesn't catch you off-guard if the mods decide to. Who knows though, they might not.

#4 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

Also, I suspect this will soon be closed/merged with "What are you watching", just a heads-up so that it doesn't catch you off-guard if the mods decide to. Who knows though, they might not.

Meh, it's a large enough genre that I think can warrant its own side-discussion; anime is a popular entertainment topic anyway.

As for myself, generally I despise anime so I rarely watch it. Only ever enjoyed Digimon, Medabots, and Gurren Lagann. Seen others, and I've recently watched the three Megaman OVAs, but not much to speak of. And I don't know if I'd like Digimon as much as I used to; I tried watching the first few episodes again and just wasn't feeling it. So really, the only anime I like right now is Medabots and Gurren Lagann. :shrug:

#5 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

IPB Image

Edited by Sheik, 30 November 2012 - 03:46 AM.

#6 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

I mentioned in the other thread that I was watching Nichijou. Still going well on that one - 14 episodes in. And I love it so far. icon_smile.gif It's just so bizarre but fun to watch. X3

#7 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

I should add - I'm chomping at the bit for the second season dub of Baka and Test. Hideyoshi is the best.

#8 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

I recently finished a really neat little show called "Potemayo", having watched it with my little sister and brother. They enjoyed it for being so damned adorable, I enjoyed it for all the jokes that flew over their heads.

Right now, I've been watching all of the old Yu-Gi-Oh! episodes in order, as a sort of nostalgia trip. I haven't seen most of those in forever. Thing is, I only remembered having watched the Duelist Kingdom arc. I knew about Battle City, and got to see most of it for the first time, and had never seen Millennium World, but still knew about it and generally what happens (I used to get Shonen Jump magazines for a while, and got to read the ending to that part). I had no idea about the Dragons arc, so this entire setup is completely new to me.

#9 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Last i watched Shiki. After that the first 12 episodes of Steins Gate(so far one of the most amazing animes of recent years. And currently i watch Horizon in the middle of nowhere.

#10 runaru

runaru

:3

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, They / Them

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

I finished watching Tokyo Mew Mew about a week ago. Right now I'm not watching anything

#11 Jubbz

Jubbz

Balls Deep

• Members

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

I'm Watching Psycho-Pass, Tonari no Kaibutsu Kun, and BTOOOM!.

#12 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

I'm watching:
Naruto Shipuuden
Fiary Tail
Sword Art Online
Hunter X Hunter
K

#13 Jubbz

Jubbz

Balls Deep

• Members

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE(SpacemanDan @ Nov 30 2012, 05:05 AM) View Post

I mentioned in the other thread that I was watching Nichijou. Still going well on that one - 14 episodes in. And I love it so far. icon_smile.gif It's just so bizarre but fun to watch. X3

Nichijou is more or less hit or miss for me, but i love it when everything is exaggerated to the max and goes so over the top. Like, firing lasers because you just got bit by a dog.

#14 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Well, Toonami is airing Naruto again. I'll probably start watching it online because seeing it once a week just isn't enough. Plus, I'm very far behind. Never finished part 1, only seen a dozen or so episodes of Shippuden.

Edited by Keiichi123, 02 December 2012 - 06:40 PM.

#15 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

I don't get how anyone can actually sit through an episode of Naruto, let alone Shippuden. It's absolutely vexing. I mean the manga was sort of alright for the first ten volumes but the anime... no. Just no. It's worse than Dragon Ball Z... (this is the part where I realize people liked Dragon Ball Z... and then I curl up in a corner and weep for humanity...)
  • Naru likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users