officially declaring Zero Quest DX dead

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:16 PM

Just a little bit ago I inactivated the quest project for Zero Quest DX. This is a personal project that intended to vastly expand upon Zero Quest, which released over a decade ago. The quest got way too big and had way too many holes for me to patch up.

as with Zero Quest, the score was to properly reboot the original game. Given the rise of good reimaginings of first quest in recent years, plus changing personal beliefs in what a good remake of the game should do with the overworld map, I decided that the quest should officially be put to bed. I think it contributed a great deal to my trouble with making and finishing quests for many, many long years. Now, I just want to wash my hands of it.

However, parts of it do live on. The file sits on my hard drive still, and will continue to - I made some good custom tilework in it and have harvested some of those tiles (great fairies and sideview lava) for use in Magic and Fantasy. more of it may appear in future work.

anyway, just wanted to get it out there. In case anyone actually remembered this. Thanks!
  • Anthus, Eddy, WindRobe and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users