Photo

Screenshot of the Week 61

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Pic? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:12 PM

And the nominees are...

Radien
user posted image
Serenia: "Whoa... now that is a long way down..."

Ccc
user posted image

NoeL
user posted image
"Whoops! I dropped my ring!"

LinktheMaster
user posted image

Happyman
user posted image
Joke submissions pwn you.

Nick
user posted image
Mr. T Rock say "Don't touch me without gold, sucka!"

Hero Link
user posted image
Another broken bridge...icon_confused.gif

Ian
user posted image

CrystalBlade
user posted image
A new area in Pure 1st Quest

FireStorm
user posted image

#2 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:28 PM

Jesus. Majorly sweet submissions this week.

I'll vote later.

#3 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:49 PM

This was an extremely hard vote, but I have to give it to Ccc. NoeL is a close second.

(Please excuse the mess... but I'm too lazy to bold the names like I usually do)

Radien: This is a good shot. I like how it is generally setup. You used your mountains well. I even see a fairy. icon_razz.gif

Ccc: This shot... I like it. The coloring of all the tiles seems perfect. Granted I looked at an older version of this shot before, you have greatly improved. This got my vote like I said above. icon_smile.gif

NoeL: This shot is very nice. Completely custom screen. If it weren't for Ccc's free flowing and nicely done shot, I would have voted for this. icon_smile.gif

LinktheMaster: This shot has a nice setup. I like the custom mountains and trees. One thing I'm wondering though... is why there is a shadow extending out from the mountains. I suppose it could be moonlight or something, but I dunno. icon_odd.gif

Happyman: That mountain looks awesome. You should put a level in it, call it level 744, and add some dancing bananas everywhere. icon_razz.gif

Nick: This shot is not the best shot I could have gotten. If I had spent a little more time, I could have gotten a shot with more of the mountain. icon_shrug.gif

Hero Link: This shot has a nice setup and the Overworld/Dungeon mix is always nice. However, I've never been a fan of the grass suddenly ending in squares in tight places. There is also something a bit odd with the floor border going over part of the rock, but that could just be me. icon_shrug.gif

Ian: This shot is really nice, as well. I sometimes wish I had submitted a shot with those LTTPT tiles. icon_blah.gif

CrystalBlade: This shot is a good start. If it is possible to squeeze it in any, I suggest making the actual walls curve in and out a little bit to get rid of the square look going on. Probably not possible due to the room layout, though. Like I said, good start. icon_smile.gif

FireStorm: This shot has a nice setup considering the tileset in use.

#4 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 03:08 PM

OMG I V0TD 4 M3 BC I R 1337!!!

Just kidding, I null voted. Enjoy the joke by the way. icon_razz.gif

#5 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 03:13 PM

I don't know why...but I liked Noel's the best...so he gets my vote.

#6 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 03:17 PM

TEN entries??? icon_odd2.gif Geez, Praethus... and before you were worried that you only had two.....

Ccc:

I'm not surprised this is doing well. This shot is great. The only thing I don't like about it is that bright green. And that's the only thing. You may have trouble working with mountains that big, but graphically they're perfect.

Noel:

Looks quite good... though those walls, I'm not sure about the perspective on the bottom side. It's hard to tell which way they face. And "height" isn't coming across seamlessly, even though there are no obvious tile clashes...

LinktheMaster:

Pretty standard shot... These are pretty much the same tiles as were used in your last shot, only it's night. So I don't have much more to say.

Happyman:

PWWWWWNNNNNZZZZZ!!!

Nick:

Good, solid use of LTTP tiles. Is that a new ladder I see?

Hero Link:

Good solid use of........Pure tiles. Gee, I'm not very interesting, now am I. icon_shrug.gif

Ian:

Good solid use of.... god, I'm no help, am I?

Your subscreen frames still kick serious butt.

CrystalBlade:

This is a pleasing screen. icon_smile.gif However, for use of those cave tiles, you might want to extend the raised portions one more tile in the direction of the outer wall. Have them come out of the existing wall, rather than meet it. Hard to describe in words... but otherwise, good.

Firestorm:

Wow, you're taking full advantage of the GB tiles at your disposal. I like it. Those trees look a lot better than they do in other sets. Good job.

Ccc's is too good for there to be any question... unless mine can compete with it. I hope it will, but we'll see. I null voted as usual, but Ccc would have gotten my vote had I given one.

#7 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jul 28 2004, 04:17 PM)
Nick:

Good, solid use of LTTP tiles. Is that a new ladder I see?

The ladder (and the mountains, actually) are from PrinceMSC (though I edited the tops to fit in with the tileset I'm using). icon_wink.gif

#8 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 03:55 PM

Nice, I see Prince finally put some decent LTTP mountains out. I'm not sure about the way you edited the tops, though... icon_confused.gif Looks kinda... "sliced."

#9 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:04 PM

Radien: Looks good, I love those mountains, I like the bridge tiles, the shots a bit bland though, try adding some bushes and some grass.

NoeL: I like this shot, those tiles are excellent tough try making the floor a different color than the walls.

LinktheMaster: I like this shot, nice tiles, can't think of how you could make it better.

Nick: I like those mountains, try adding a variety of trees to it.

Hero Link: Good screen, though the mountains look odd with the dungeon tiles, the mountains perspective (angle) looks odd against the dungeon walls perspective (above).

Ian: Looks good, nice variety of tree colors, though the blue mountains look weird and the door on the tree looks odd.

CrystalBlade: Looks good, though walls shouldn't abruptly end like that, they should merge into the other walls.

FireStorm: nice use of game boy Zelda graphics, try to make it look less square.

#10 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(Ccc @ Jul 28 2004, 01:04 PM)
Radien: Looks good, I love those mountains, I like the bridge tiles, the shots a bit bland though, try adding some bushes and some grass.

Everybody always says that... but this is Gerudo Valley; it doesn't have bushes or grass. icon_rolleyes.gif I'll add stuff to this scene, but not greenery.

Also, perhaps a better word would be "too barren." These days people get annoyed when you use the word "bland" because it says nothing specific about the shot.

#11 a guy and his game

a guy and his game

Wizard

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:14 PM

I voted for Happyman's. Say what you want. icon_razz.gif

#12 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:27 PM

I null voted, as I can't decide. awsome submissions this week. though, didn't Ian submit that same screenshot a while ago?

#13 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE(a guy and his game @ Jul 28 2004, 04:14 PM)
I voted for Happyman's. Say what you want. icon_razz.gif

*says what he wants*

WTF?! icon_odd2.gif

#14 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE(link3505 @ Jul 28 2004, 01:27 PM)
I null voted, as I can't decide. awsome submissions this week. though, didn't Ian submit that same screenshot a while ago?

He submitted it in EOTW, I believe.

It would be so awesome if Happyman's shot won. icon_lol.gif

#15 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jul 28 2004, 04:55 PM)
Looks kinda... "sliced."

Yeah.

This was a quick job. I'm not exactly a master of tiles, so I just took the tops off of the actual ALTTP mountains and threw them into it. icon_shrug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users