Photo

Screenshot of the Week 165

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 165 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#61 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE(Revfan9 @ Jun 13 2007, 02:44 PM) View Post

Shoelace asked me to make a screen that was using the Pure graphics "Correctly", so I did. I never intended it for SotW anyway.

Also, there are an infinite number of things wrong with Evan's screen. It's empty. It overuses the palm trees that don't match the rest of the environment. It's palette is awful and makes me feel sick looking at it. It's structure is overly square (although to be fair, he fixed this one in his update shot). It's water is bare and just doesn't make sense being there. The sand, although this is a palette issue, looks so terrible that it makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a bottle cap. The subscreen is empty, and the sword sprite is awful.

There are just as many issues with my shot (if not more), but I'm just astounded that so many people voted for Evan blindly thinking that his shot is absolutely perfect.

[rant removed because the mods already don't like me. No need to give them more reason]

For once, can you just be gracious in defeat and lose with some dignity? Or at least wait till then final votes are in before slandering the other shots.

#62 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 June 2007 - 05:09 PM

NoeL's right. But I'm neither denying nor agreeing with any claims made so far.

Revfan, I voted for your shot with good reason. I think it's better than Evan's. However, Evan's is still pretty good. If you lose, then you will end up losing to an equally matched opponent.

#63 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:28 PM

Should have ended this yesterday... Oops. Well, as it is now, Evan the Great is ahead, so I declare him the winner! 'Grats man!

#64 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 02:38 PM

:-D My first SoTW win! Man I'm so hyped!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users