Photo

Screenshot of the Week 152

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 152 (75 member(s) have cast votes)

3 shots to choose from!!!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:30 AM

Here we are with the third SOTW for the year 2007. A little late, but I needed my third shot for this week. But I recieved that today so here it is!

Revfan9
IPB Image
I'm in ur Inn, eatin ur breakfast.

Animus01
IPB Image
Link explores the chilling depths of the Ice Temple for the Nayru's Medallion.

DarkFlameWolf
IPB Image
Link wonders how he'll ever get to the other side...

Enjoy! icon_smile.gif

(No fighting about comments or anything, otherwise next weeks will be poll only, and this will be changed into a poll only topic also. Keep that in mind while you are commenting on screens. Thanks, and have fun!)

#2 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:36 AM

First vote!

I voted for DarkFlameWolf; she has the most detailed and appealing shot this week. The palette is a bit bothersome, but it's passable.

#3 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:04 AM

DFW all the way.
A lot of care went into that shot.

#4 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:44 AM

Revfan9: Average layout with nice tiles.

Animus01: It almost got my vote. Very good work on ice, plus I begin to like sidescrollers.

DarkFlameWolf: Vote casted, registered. Very good layout. This screen makes the feel of a monumental quest... I think.

#5 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:14 AM

Out of sportsmanship, I nulled. icon_smile.gif

Revfan9: Nice rips. I wonder which game they came from. icon_thumbsup.gif

Animus01: Heh, I decided to place a modified NewFirst dungeon in, because I know some people get peeved about NewFirst. I had some better ideas to submit, but they were guaranteed to be spoilers. Maybe in a few months, I'll do that. Also, an underwater scene is not something you see in SotW every week. icon_heh.gif

DarkFlameWolf: The mountainside seems well designed, as usual. I bet I can guess how to get to the other side! icon_razz.gif The craters are a nice touch! icon_thumbsup.gif

#6 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:55 AM

Revfan9 - jpg - automatic failure
Animus01 - strange saturation, graphics we've all seen before
DarkFlameWolf - another standard zc shot, however its a pretty complicated shot considering the tileset, and I cant see any major tiling errors - voted

#7 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:57 AM

With Revfan, the graphics are nice, but I can see they are not used to their 'full' potential. You can do a lot more to spruce up that shot. If people vote for this, it'd probably be for the new graphics only than anything else.

For Animus, nothing really stood out in this shot and its very hard to get a side scrolling shot to look pretty. But good enough effort overall.

My shot, pain in the butt to do. Especially considering you have a whole volcano to connect to it. People will agree when they (finally) get to play LI that it is probably one of the most complicated mountain areas ever made. x_X

#8 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:23 AM

Rev- Great graphics, but the screen is still rather empty and the layout isent really anything special.

Aim- Sidescrolle, nice. Unfournatly sidescroller graphics still look very choppy, with ladders and such, so its again, its nothign special.

Wolf-Again you portray near-perfcet layout. The graphic may not be beautiful or new, but it still dominates all the other shots view-wise.

#9 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:54 AM

DFW hands down, awesome screen design.

Sorry Rev, I know you're trying hard ripping nice graphics and all, but your screens are just too empty. That giant piece of repeating floor tiling right in he centre just isn't very appealing. Sorry.

As for Animus, I like the idea and the perspective... but that blue overlay has to go, it's destroying the whole screen. If it's supposed to be underwater, try some dancing refraction patterns (refer to Super Metroid water). If it's just a blue glow you're going for... just modify the palette. It's not obvious enough why the whole screen is blue. And what are those little blue and red critters? I can't make them out.

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf)
People will agree when they (finally) get to play LI that it is probably one of the most complicated mountain areas ever made. x_X
... yes... yes it is...

... TakaM, have you ever entered/considered entering SOTW?

Edited by NoeL, 16 January 2007 - 09:00 AM.

#10 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:07 AM

Revfan - Hate to repeat what everyone else is saying but a shot with just nice graphics isn't enough. The screen is so empty, it's dying for much more detail. But I'll give you thumbs up for the effort anyways. icon_smile.gif

Animus - Oh I love sidescrolling stuff and that shot is in no way bad, but it doesn't make me go "wow" either. I think a bit darker shade of blue would make it better and some extra detail never hurts.

DFW - Well like everyone else says, without spectacular graphics the screen still looks pretty. A very well designed screen and I can't come up with any complaints. More custom tiles would be nice, but since Lost Isle's interioir areas will be full of custom tiles, I think people can live with a Pure Overworld. icon_razz.gif

Nulled because Wolfie's shot is from a quest I am co-producing.

EDIT - Oh and I hope everyone leaves .TakaM alone. Just for the sake of this thread okay? >_<

#11 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:18 AM

Revfan- Needs more people in it. Inns would usually be crowded with strange people from other places, not to mention with more tables and foodstuffs.

Animus- Almost voted for this. The detail for this is great. But, you've used the same icicle tiles over and over. Add a little variety.

DFW- "Voted" Overall, a great shot. You've used the mountains correctly, a difficult task a for a lot of people.

#12 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:06 PM

Revvy - Nice graphics, but the screen is just all a bit plain really.
Animus - Nice, I like this, almost voted for it.
DFW - And people say that pure isn't pretty?

Revfan9 - jpg - automatic failure

Omg! What- teh- heckzors! Who do you think you are?

#13 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE(Limzo @ Jan 16 2007, 09:06 AM) View Post
Omg! What- teh- heckzors! Who do you think you are?

Careful. Hero Link has already warned everyone not to fight about comments, and that line is asking for trouble

I voted DFW. There's a horrible lack of green this week, but the screen setup is fantastic

#14 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:45 PM

Again like last week, skill over does graphics.
Not that these shots have no skill but I like how the mountains connect in DFF's shot.

Animus1, not a big effect of the BS tileset.
Revfan9, great graphics but the screen is just to open.
Not enough detail to catch my attention.

I hope you all continue and finish your quests. icon_smile.gif

#15 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• ZC Developers

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:08 PM

Sorry Revfan, but I gotta agree with .TakaM here. The JPGness kills the shot. Looks okay otherwise. Animus is samey, as is DFW's, but DFW's layout is quite impressive. I vote for her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users