Official "What video games are you playing right now?" topic

• Please log in to reply
4811 replies to this topic

#4666 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:13 AM

Doesn't matter if it's optional or not, it's poorly designed garbage. The part where you don't have floor to stand on, meaning you can't heal because for some reason Hollow Knight can't focus while he's hanging on a wall, is pure unadultered trash. And i'm talking about the last trial, the two previous ones are fine.

Nightmare King Grimm is a joke compared to this and i spent three hours to beat him.

Edited by Norzan, 04 July 2018 - 10:14 AM.

#4667 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:46 PM

The Trial of Fools in Hollow Knight is probably one of the worst horde survival i ever seen in game. Been trying to beat it for over 3 hours and it has so much bullshit that is no longer fun. A blight in an otherwise great game.

I did 2 out of 3 so far. The second one has some bullshit though. I'm not sure I'll do the third.

#4668 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:14 PM

I did 2 out of 3 so far. The second one has some bullshit though. I'm not sure I'll do the third.

Prepare for major pain, specially in the section that has no floor.

Fighting the true final boss of the game and it's also bullshit. Seriously, some of these bosses and the Trial of Fools were designed to be utter bullshit. I'm not even attempting Steel Soul mode after being aware of this.

Defeated the true final boss of the game after bitching here about it. Overall, really great game, blemished by an handful of questionable decisions. Only thing missing is the Trial of Fools but i'm gonna leave that for later. Nearly 50 hours in and i'm kind of getting tired of the game.

Probably gonna wait for the next expansion which comes out this year.

Edited by Norzan, 04 July 2018 - 05:08 PM.

#4669 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:21 PM

I'm at about 53 hours, and had to take a break myself. I still have, I think, at least four bosses I can fight, including the final boss, and that last Trial of Fools thing. I have every map though, and my item percentage is at 84.

Other random thoughts:

Spoiler

#4670 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:40 PM

I tried Path of Pain after people saying it was ever harder than the White Palace. I can't even pass the first section. Then i decided to see a youtube video with a full run of the place and just no, just no.

https://www.youtube....h?v=a5EUUB5_HwY

Edited by Norzan, 04 July 2018 - 07:55 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#4671 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:59 AM

I'm *still* playing Splatoon 2, nearing 700 hours, but I'm really looking forward to Dark Souls. Everything I've heard about it has been great. I also need to finish Yooka-Laylee.
  • Anthus likes this

#4672 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:34 PM

recently i start a new play to FFX, almost 3 years from last play.

Just win the blitzball turnament whit a "golden goal" of Wakka at 1:25 of the extra time

#4673 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:33 PM

Just started Curse of Monkey Island from Steam. Loved the first two games, looking forward to seeing what this one's like. Although it already feels like a different game (probably because they copped out from the ending of Monkey Island II).

#4674 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:58 PM

I beat Hollow Knight yesterday. There's still a lot more to do, like bonus/side content, and I'm still only at 60%, but I'm moving on for now. I did enjoy it apart from that one period where I was incredibly lost and gave up to look up where I was meant to go next, but I still want to play the Crash trilogy which I'd barely touched, and Octopath Traveler comes out tomorrow. I did start Mighty Gunvolt Burst though, and enjoying that so far. Huge improvement over the original Mighty Gunvolt just from the two levels I've played.

• ShadowTiger and Anthus like this

#4675 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:00 PM

Been playing Spyro 1 and 2. 1 was nice, but I'm really loving 2.

Enough that I am thinking of building Prometheus 3 in its style.

#4676 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:19 PM

Beat Curse of Monkey Island (got it from Steam)

Thought it was about as good as the last two, though they copped out from a couple plotlines of the second game (Marley and Guybrush's relationship, as well as the weird cliffhanger ending were resolved in ways that I didn't find that satisfying). The pacing was a little weird - the last two parts might as well have been one, and I feel like Stan wasn't dealt with as well as he could have been.

That said, it was witty and fun and had all sorts of puzzles I had to look up to get through because they make so little sense until you actually get them - a true sequel to the last two games.

And I know writing a short review for a nearly 11-year-old game might be pointless, but oh well. Just my thoughts. Now to either find a way to run Escape on my computer or wait for Steam to release it.

EDIT: Also, a little disappointed they didn't make a Special Edition for this one. Since I have no nostalgia for the series, seeing it at an art level like the other two would have been nice (even if I prefer the old art styles). At the very least, adding achievements like for the last two would have been nice. Oh well.

Edited by klop422, 19 July 2018 - 02:21 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#4677 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:26 AM

Beat Curse of Monkey Island (got it from Steam)
Oh my god, was Stan in it? :D  I loved him from the predecessor games.  I loved how his flannel shirt stripes were basically part of the background and every single thing else on the entire screen was the foreground.  His stripes never moved but his shirt did. I couldn't get over that, playing it as a youth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I just finished a run-through of Chasm, the Indie Metroidvania.  It was pretty darn good!  A tiny bit short, but the progression felt fantastic. Plenty of challenging jumping rooms, and some interesting items here and there.

I'm on a play-through of Far Cry 4.  The very first thing I did was wait the 13 minutes for Pagan Min to do whatever he needed to do, and then come back and get you so you can finally put your mother's ashes on her shrine.  Apparently it's one of the game's "best" endings?

I also spent much of last night setting up my Dolphin installation.  I now have a fully functional copy of Smash Bros Melee and Brawl with a working Gamecube Controller using the official Wii U GCN Controller adapter.  I swear, that thing is a godsend. 

I hope to install the 20XX training pack into Melee, and then Project M 3.6 into Brawl.  I do own all of these games, and I basically want to just have everything on my PC rather than having to bust out my actual Wii to play it.  Plus, I just finished Tales of Symphonia (The PS3 version, apparently) on Steam on the PC, and I also have Okami HD on Steam as well.  I feel pretty happy about this setup.

#4678 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:05 AM

Oh yeah, Stan was in it. I feel like he was better in the first two (as I said), but he's still great. And his shirt works the same way.

I will say, the new character of Murray that they introduce is just fantastic. Good fun.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#4679 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:03 PM

Been playing Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines quite a lot and i'm having a blast with the game. The combat is easily the weakest part, but the story, writting, characters are top notch. Also really the character creation and all the races you can play as, each actually affecting quests in some unique ways.

https://store.steamp...717310/Aggelos/

Just found out about this and it actually looks pretty cool. Seems we are getting now a ressurgence of Metroidvanias from indie devs, i guess because Konami no longer seems to want to make more.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#4680 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 27 July 2018 - 01:47 AM

So, I'm pretty much done with the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy for PS4.

Having played the original 3 games (and got everything on all of them), I think I can give a fairly good opinion of this.

Pros:

Remaster graphics and sound track are pretty nice.

Having time trials in Crash 1 and 2 adds extra challenge and playability.

You no longer have to beat most Crash 1 levels without dying to get a gem.

You get 3 games for the price of 1.

Cons:

I don't know if this is because I played with the analog controls rather than the D-pad, but it definitely is harder.

A few things are easier, but many frustrating levels are even tougher.

Adding Coco as a playable character doesn't really add any content.

Most time trials in Crash 2 are super hard.

The Ugly: 

Cold Hard Crash- This is the level that made me get rid of my PS1 version of Crash 2 and it's still awful.

I'm probably going to keep it along with my PS1 copies of Crash 1 and 3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users