Password System Completed!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Obderhode

Obderhode

There is great power in knowledge.

• Members

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:23 PM

The password system for the Flow and Dawn of time has been completed! Here is how it will work:

1) When you complete either game, a password will be provided. If you attain Dawn's password, you will use that password in Flow and vice versa.
2) By putting in that password, several new things will happen in the game you are playing in addition to being given an item that was only in Dawn/Flow.
3) By completing the new content, you will eventually find a new areas and a dungeon to explore. The dungeon will be able to be entered BEFORE you complete the game, but won't be able to be completed until after you've beaten the game. The new dungeon will grant you 2 prizes (one obtainable before you beat the game) and offer up a true final encounter.
4) Upon beating this encounter, you will gain another password to unlock one final prize.

I am quite proud of how the password system turned out. Below, here are some working screenshots from the Flow of Time (Remastered).

Posted Image
Location of the Oracle of Secrets.

Posted Image
The house of secrets.

Posted Image
The password selection screen, with "HELLO" being incorrectly inputted.

Posted Image
The correct password was put in, granting the bonus content and this new treasure chest. What's inside?

============================

The Oracle of Secrets is already in the Dawn of Time as well! You can find her in the main village, Madrin Village.

Posted Image

As far as progress on the Dawn of Time, progress is coming along quite nicely. At this point, the intro sequence is done, about 30% of the overworld, and the path to level 1 is complete. Up next is to create Level 1, the Woodkin Bellows!
  • judasrising, MermaidCim, Eddy and 7 others like this

#2 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:57 PM

Really great feature :bounce:

• Obderhode and FlaireRobe like this

#3 FlaireRobe

FlaireRobe

Initiate

• Members

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:25 PM

Really great feature :bounce:

I also have to agree, cant wait to put it to good use :)

• judasrising and Obderhode like this

#4 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:30 AM

That's a really awesome idea. I don't think I've seen anyone manage a password system in a ZC quest before. Really looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

#5 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:11 PM

That remind me the Oracle series password système with a True Boss Final ''Ganon'' and more secrets like the Hero's Cave and new weapons that you can't get normally on the games :) Really good works :)

• Soma C. likes this

#6 Soma C.

Soma C.

Mr. Coreaix

• Members

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:54 PM

That remind me the Oracle series password système with a True Boss Final ''Ganon'' and more secrets like the Hero's Cave and new weapons that you can't get normally on the games :) Really good works :)

Exactly what I was thinking!  Very clever move on this creator's part indeed!  Very stoked for this :)

#7 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:37 PM

I would try that kind of code for my two quests projects :P 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users