The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

• Please log in to reply
1333 replies to this topic

#16 Hawkmask20

Hawkmask20

Junior

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

Watched the trailer looks pretty (I'll believe it when I see it though) looks like Nintendo is trying to mix The Wind Waker w/ twilight princess

But I'm more excited for this
IPB Image

#17 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(Hawkmask20 @ Jun 15 2010, 11:57 PM) View Post
Watched the trailer looks pretty (I'll believe it when I see it though) looks like Nintendo is trying to mix The Wind Waker w/ twilight princess

But I'm more excited for this
http://zeldageek.inf...c/Zelda2010.jpg

STAFF EDIT: Image size violition.
But that's the same game -.- That's the art that was released before we heard anything about the actual game... I'm sorry if you were hoping for yet another game icon_razz.gif

#18 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:24 PM

I just saw the trailer. Looks fun, but I don't have a Wii.

#19 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:36 PM

Sir Evan: A big sigh of relief from me. Still looks a bit more complicated than I would like though. I'm a fan of the type of games where you don't have to focus on the controls too much and can focus more on the the game itself (OoT for example). The game itself looks promising, but the controls still seem a bit of a pain.

Edited by Rem, 15 June 2010 - 08:53 PM.

#20 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

It sounds like they've really tried to distill the controls to a few basic functions; Miyamoto stated that all action would be at A, B, Z, and C. I like that they are making the 1:1 sword action actually required by the gameplay and not simply as a gimmick; I hope that almost all enemies have some sort of directional weakness to exploit.

#21 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

It looks like I won't be disappointed.

I hope the graphics are polished up a little though, they look rough right now.

#22 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:20 PM

They probably will be. WW and TP looked rough when they were first revealed, so I wouldn't worry about it.

#23 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:52 PM

It looks like they took Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princes and Starfox Adventures and mashed them all together... The area looks cool, but the graphics just don't fly with me.

Also, I'd say this defeats the purpose of gaming. If I seriously want to swing a sword around, I'll go have a wooden sword fight with one of my friends. I play video games because they allow me to do something active, while being lazy.

#24 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:00 PM

Well well well, my first serious post in a while. It's no epistle, but I just thought I'd point out that, apparently, Aonuma will NOT be the director of SS. But that begs the question....If not HIM, then WHO? I'd love for it to be a sort of joint Aonuma-Miyamoto effort, much like OOT and MM mask was (if I'm not mistaken). I'm sorry, but Zelda is its strongest when we get maximum effort from both of those two. Without Aonuma, the storyline doesn't feel nearly as vibrant, and without Miyamoto the actual gameplay feels like it was targeted at a ten-year-old.

And before anyone says "But every 3D Zelda game was a Miyamoto-Aonuma joint effort!", no, it wasn't. Oh, both of their names APPEAR in association with them rightly enough, but Miyamoto really hasn't been heavily involved in Zelda since Majora's Mask, after which he played only a bit part, handing over the direction of Zelda largely to Aonuma in time for WW. The transition had started in OOT, but the game was still more Miyamoto than Aonuma, roughly speaking. Then MM came around, and was more Aonuma than Miyamoto. But in BOTH Miyamoto made substantial contributions to the direction of the game. Not so once WW rolls around. Miyamoto only contributes to the core inspiration from then on, being busy elsewhere (Pikmin, etc.).

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that Miyamoto has really only been involved in the series "on paper", as it were these days. Hopefully this changes. Because TP for the Wii was utterly uninspired. Even if the controls were spot on (which, for the Wii, they were NOT), the story was....Disappointingly formulaic. Spirit Tracks beat it in every way, and that's bad, because Spirit Tracks had some noticeable flaws itself.

(And for those of you who are going to post and say my opinion on TP is silly because "all Zelda's are formulaic".Please go away. This is not a profound revelation, as it's akin to saying all fictional stories are formulaic because they follow the basic template of <BUILD-UP>-<CLIMAX>-<RESOLUTION>).

#25 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:02 PM

I think Skyward Sword looks amazing. It looks like Red Steel 2 Zelda style and you know how great the controls were in that game.

There's one thing Nintendo should implement. The ability to have an optional classic controls system if one is not satisfied with the Motion Plus controls.

#26 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:03 PM

Personally, I just hope they include a Wii Motion Plus with the game. I really don't want to have to go out and buy one just to play it.

#27 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:10 PM

I would hope they supply a Wii Motion Plus. We rarely get any of those in at work anymore(Like 0-1 a week)

Edited by Eppy, 15 June 2010 - 10:11 PM.

#28 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE(Molten Onyx @ Jun 15 2010, 09:52 PM) View Post

It looks like they took Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princes and Starfox Adventures and mashed them all together... The area looks cool, but the graphics just don't fly with me.

Also, I'd say this defeats the purpose of gaming. If I seriously want to swing a sword around, I'll go have a wooden sword fight with one of my friends. I play video games because they allow me to do something active, while being lazy.

I feel exactly the opposite about gaming. I'd rather be active while doing it. If it was possible, I'd want to feel everything along the road (of course, only to some extent. I wouldn't want to feel a sword going through my gut.) I'm fine with games either way, but being active while playing a game makes it a little more fun for me.

#29 Jupiter

Jupiter

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE(green-kirby @ Jun 15 2010, 01:20 PM) View Post

I find the lack of any pants highly disturbing... not to mention they made his skirt shorter. icon_odd.gif icon_freak.gif

Hahahahah, what?? Chief, he was wearing pants! They were tan!

#30 Mariolink263

Mariolink263

Senior

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:33 PM

I have one thing to say. I hope they don't use the bow and arrows Motion Control from Wii Sports Resort. That would be a huge pain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users