Channel Suspended

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

Master Of Amy Rose Series

• Members

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:23 AM

Even though I haven't been posting on here for my let's plays in a long time, I feel the need to let everyone know what recently happened to me.  My channel has been suspended for reasons I declare false and am in the process of creating a new channel.  If you'd like to continue enjoying my stuff, my new channel will be known as Knuckles The X-Terminator, currently now the r is missing due to typing error and cannot be adjusted for 90 days.  I hate that this happened to me, but I will continue to make LP's for everyone!

• Moosh and Matthew like this

#2 Deathrider

Deathrider

Nothing Special Here

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

Edited by Deathrider365, 21 February 2019 - 08:10 PM.

#3 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:52 PM

https://www.youtube....5LqxgBJtajZ-Q4g

here is my new channel

Edited by SCKnuckles, 27 August 2017 - 06:31 PM.

#4 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:57 PM

Also here is my vidme account....https://vid.me/SCKnuckles

I need 50 followers to become verified to have longer videos go up.  So please follow so I can put my older videos there.

Edited by SCKnuckles, 27 August 2017 - 06:33 PM.

#5 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:31 PM

For some reason the links here on PureZC don't seem to work, but the ones on your Discord channel do.

Not sure why, since they appear to be the same; but thought I'd report the issue. Subscribed to the Youtube channel and I'll add the other after I create an account.

#6 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:32 AM

Sorry to hear about your channel. Youtube's appeal system is utterly broken from what I hear. Like it's completely run by bots that flag content and deny all appeals. Not a single human element in the process, aside from maybe the rare few people who bother to flag videos. If you're a smaller channel, jumping from account to account like this is basically your lot in life unless you can get in contact with someone on the inside. :(

• Cukeman, Evan20000, TK8305 and 1 other like this

#7 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:40 AM

Sorry to hear about your channel. Youtube's appeal system is utterly broken from what I hear. Like it's completely run by bots that flag content and deny all appeals. Not a single human element in the process, aside from maybe the rare few people who bother to flag videos. If you're a smaller channel, jumping from account to account like this is basically your lot in life unless you can get in contact with someone on the inside. :(

Ain't that the truth? YouTube's real staff is probably busy thumbing through those massive wads of bills. Shamefully, that just seems to be the norm for 2017; customer service, who cares?

On topic, can't wait to see the rebuild on the new channel. Hopefully YouTube doesn't ban you again for no reason.

#8 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:54 PM

Sorry to hear about your channel Knuckles.  Hope you'll get your old one back soon.  ;-;

#9 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:56 PM

Was this by any chance because of LPs that had enhanced music tracks, with copyrighted content? (e.g., DCMA complaints, regarding the use of copyrighted music.)

#10 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:42 PM

Was this by any chance because of LPs that had enhanced music tracks, with copyrighted content? (e.g., DCMA complaints, regarding the use of copyrighted music.)

Youtube's page on account terminations seems to indicate that DMCA terminations will have a different notification than community guidelines ones. If they didn't, it'd be impossible for users to defend their intellectual property on the platform and I imagine that could land Youtube in some hot water. If not legally, then with its larger contributors.

https://support.goog...r/2802168?hl=en

Community guidelines are just Youtube's newest excuse to take down smaller channels for no reason and with little to no chance of appeal. I also doubt Knuckles' BotW playthrough had anything to do with the takedown.

#11 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:31 PM

Youtube's page on account terminations seems to indicate that DMCA terminations will have a different notification than community guidelines ones. If they didn't, it'd be impossible for users to defend their intellectual property on the platform and I imagine that could land Youtube in some hot water. If not legally, then with its larger contributors.

https://support.goog...r/2802168?hl=en

Community guidelines are just Youtube's newest excuse to take down smaller channels for no reason and with little to no chance of appeal. I also doubt Knuckles' BotW playthrough had anything to do with the takedown.

Copyright violations are also on the list of 'Community Guidelines' policies, specifically citing:

Don't upload videos that you didn't make, or use content in your videos that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programmes or videos made by other users,

So, technically, many LPs are in the grey area here.

#12 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:04 PM

&nbsp;

&nbsp;
Copyright violations are also on the list of 'Community Guidelines' policies, specifically citing:
&nbsp;
Don't upload videos that you didn't make, or use content in your videos that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programmes or videos made by other users,
&nbsp;

&nbsp;

That's literally every LP, RTA, review, etc. on youtube. Most are not even grey area, they are simply beyond fair use.

So then; how many years away is 1984 from 2017?
  • Nathaniel likes this

#13 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

Youtube videos are against youtube policy in 2017.

It's a general rule of thumb today that if you want to survive on youtube today, don't upload content. I'm pretty sure somebody has claim to your voice and call it a copyright, and you'd still lose that battle fast. 

Youtube started Youtube Gaming to become more competitive to Twitch. They obviously wanted to cash in on the LP market. I couldn't possibly see them trying to attack it. 

• Lüt likes this

#14 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:15 PM

it just seems like things fell apart to fast.  Three times I appealed and nothing.  Old channel may be gone, but I ain't.  Sub to my new channel if the link the didn't work.  Knuckles The X-Terminato is what it is called now...will be X-Terminator come December.  Flow Of Time is being reuploaded there.

• Mitsukara likes this

#15 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

yeah, it's usually shoot first and ask later.  Unless the person is some mega big channel driving tons of traffic, I don't think YT will take any complaints/appeals seriously at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users