▲ Anthus' Let's Play Index ▲

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:22 PM

This will list all of my completed LPs as well as ones I am working on, and includes a list of stuff I want to record in the future. You will find a link to the playlist, and a link to the thread/ forum post for it if applicable. My schedule is sporadic at best, and completely dead for months at worst, so don't get too hyped. To streamline things, I will not be making new threads for each game after the ones that are already done. This post will just link to another post within this thread for each new game. I'm also going to try to upload entire games before making a post here. This means, that stuff may be available on my channel before being posted here. :)

Added 10/13/17 -- Instead of doing full LPs, I'll also be posting playlists of random games I play here. These will probably be infrequent, but yeah. These will be in their own category in this post, and not have forum threads for obvious reasons (Mainly, I'm not that popular at all, I mean, 7 subscribers is pretty crazy, but I don't want it to go to my head).

Feel free to ask me anything, as far as games you might like to see, or anything really. As a note though, I pretty much only play stuff I've beat once at this point.

Last Updated: 2/9/18

LP Status/ Queue Key (Pretty much outdated, but whatever):

: LP has been updated with new videos.

: LP has had parts recorded, but not uploaded.

: LP has finished recording, but has not been uploaded fully yet.

: LP has been stopped, or is otherwise delayed, but I intend on picking it up again.

Here is a list of all of my completed Let's Plays:

Anthus' Random Stuff That isn't a Full LP

Unfinished Business:

TLoZ: Four Swords Adventures [GameCube Console Capture, Any%] (YouTube PlaylistForum Post) [12/16/16 - Pt. 5-7 added!]

Eventually, I'd like to record:

Spoiler

Thanks for checking these out! :D

* Probably not finishing/ uploading these cause of reasons.

• Lüt likes this

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:53 PM

Anthus Plays: Super Mario Bros (All-Stars Verison) [SNES] (YouTube Playlist)

This is my very first uploaded LP. It is a little rough around the edges, and is one continuous playthrough of the game broken up into five videos. I'm new to recording stuff like this, so I didn't want to have some huge 45 minute video, and then have the program crash or something dumb happen  :P. So it's broken up into segments. I did play it straight through.

I don't use any warp zones, and play all the levels. I somehow miraculously pull off the 1-Up shell trick in W3-1, and from there, I don't have to worry about dying as much, and ended up having one of my best playthroughs of the game. I'm a little cold in the beginning, but it gets interesting around world 3-4, and I epically fail on W8-3, dying somewhere around 20 times, so there's that.

If anyone has any tips of reducing screen tearing, it would be appreciated. It might just be the emulator though.

Here are the times for the whole playlist. These times indicate points of interest and should help you find a specific part of the game if you don't want to watch all of it. Each video will also have its times in its description. This playthrough is best viewed as one continuous playlist. The segments out of context might be confusing.

**TIMES OF INTEREST**
Spoiler

#3 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:41 PM

I opened this topic hoping to see "...Guitar," but only got a "Content Warning: Private Video" message :(

• Anthus likes this

#4 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:58 PM

Gotta make sure your videos are set to "Public."  I get the same "Private Video" message

• Anthus likes this

#5 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:01 PM

Well, that's embarrassing. Thanks, and they are public now. I only made the playlist public, but not the actual videos. >.>

It's been a while since I've used YouTube, if you can tell. :P

• Lüt likes this

#6 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:33 AM

As much as I like games getting graphical facelifts, somehow the new backgrounds didn't fit very well at points. Like, overworld areas generally look fine, but the caves look like they're 2 totally different games mashed together - even the palettes for foreground and background look nothing alike. Still interesting to see though, because I only ever played this version on rental a few times as a curiousity. Watching this made me realize how much of the game layout I'd forgotten. Mario 3 and Super Mario World are the ones I played the most.

I have to say, you're really good at missing mushrooms, even when you don't send them rolling in the wrong direction.

And you're right, those maze paths didn't ping in the original. I can't tell you how long we thought some of those castles were before realizing they were loops.

• Anthus likes this

#7 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:25 AM

Watching this made me realize how much of the game layout I'd forgotten. Mario 3 and Super Mario World are the ones I played the most.

I have to say, you're really good at missing mushrooms, even when you don't send them rolling in the wrong direction.

And you're right, those maze paths didn't ping in the original. I can't tell you how long we thought some of those castles were before realizing they were loops.

Yeah, same for me too. Mario 3, and SMW were my go-to Mario games as a young kid.

And the ping routes crushed my soul as a kid. In the NES version, you were clueless, and at the mercy of lucky guessing, and not running out of time, or lives. And who needs mushrooms when you get 126 lives?  :P

Thanks for watching, glad you found it entertaining! :)

#8 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:30 PM

I finished recording Rayman 2. It should be available by tomorrow night, or early Monday morning. :)

I plan on playing AM2R, as well as two Classic-style ZC quests in the next few days. These should be short (about ~4 hours each) so yeah.

Also, kinda sorry for bumping without new content. This will not be a trend, I just want to let people know I'm serious about doing some LPs :P

#9 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:00 PM

Parts 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 have been added to the Link to the Past post. We make it all the way to the Dark World, after getting trolled harder than I ever have, like ever, by Moldorm. Guess he had to show off for the 25th! Part 11 goes all the way through the Dark Palace, with a muuuuch smoother boss battle. 

#10 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:45 PM

Spikes of Doom [ZC 2.10] (YouTube Video)

This one's.. a real barn burner, guys.

I decided to randomly record the featured quest on PZC. Hoo boy, was I in for a treat. This is a short LP.

#11 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:50 PM

I gave this thread a bit of an overhaul. Just trying some different things here. How do you guys like to see LPs organized? What do you do to help keep your stuff straight? It gets hard to keep up with all these video descriptions, lol.

As far as actual content though. a pretty big section was added to my ALttP LP. Parts 12-17, to be exact.  :D

#12 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

Two more parts have been added to my Quest 447 LP

#13 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:59 PM

Quest 447 has had a lot of parts added. 7-11 to be exact!

#14 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:12 AM

Rayman 2 has had all of its times of interests, and descriptions added in where applicable, and is now completed! Check it out!

#15 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:10 PM

I made an LP in one day!

What game you may ask? The Legend of Zelda, of course! Did I mention it is played on a real NES? Huh? Did I?

ALttP, and Quest 447 are next in line to be finished, for sure. 447 is about 75%, and ALttP, I'm recording Ganon's Tower today!

EDIT: Side Note: I didn't have internet on my computer for the last three days, so that's why there was a break. I think I'm going to take a more casual approach to this in the future too. If you haven't noticed, I've been putting these out like crazy. Rayman 2, and AlttP are both pretty long games, and I've beaten (or some close to beating them) in about 5 hours. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users