• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#46 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:39 PM

Part 16:

• Underworld Entrances - You are right; there are a total of 3 main entrances to the Underworld.  (However, I should mention that there is one other warp that only accesses a secret/secluded area of the Underworld.  I'm sure we'll see that sometime soon...)
  • Lavic Lake Music - Yep! It's a tune known as "Hot Head Hop" (or is that just one of the stage names that it's found in? I forget).
  • Underworld Music - Yes, except that the second repetition (and further repeated repetitions) of the music have extra percussion in them; the original music track doesn't have that.  Anyway, it's the music from the overhead map from the medieval era (1000 AD, I think) in Chrono Trigger.
  • "Dodongos in the Overworld"? - Well, ZQuest-ically speaking, it is an "overworld" D-map type, so I get where you're coming from.  However, story-wise, it's the Underworld, so technically the Dodongos are not on the Overworld! ;)
  • Guy in Cave - He's a PureZC cameo character.  You'll see him in two more places in this quest.  He's a guy that tries to be helpful by giving you information.  However, he won't mention his name until the last time you meet him.  Kind of a mystery-guy.
    Oh, and that boulder next to him, I left that there for the ZC 2.50 version of this quest. I ran out of items to hide in this quest and couldn't make any custom items, either, since I was using ZC version 2.10.  So, in the upcoming version, I plan on making the guy and the boulder disappear after a certain event, allowing you to explore to the west.
  • Wizzrobe Brothers - I wish I could've read the lines to you; I'm not bad at voice acting, and there's a certain way I imagined them to sound.  Here's what they sound like:
    • Miro, the Mirror Wizzrobe, has a surfer-dude accent.
    • Telepo, the red Wizzrobe, is like an annoying little brother; I imagine him sounding like Molt, the little brother of Hopper from the Disney/Pixar movie "A Bug's Life". (He even quotes him: "... Shutting up.")
    • Blue, the blue Wizzrobe (duh), sounds just a regular guy.
    • Batty, the Bat Wizzrobe, has a Transylvanian accent (like Dracula).
    • Windy, the Wind Wizzrobe (see a naming pattern yet? ;) ), has a hollow, airy voice.
    • Firey, the Fire Wizzrobe, has sounds like he has an evil, heated voice.
    • Icey, the Ice Wizzrobe, has a dark, cold voice. There's a reason Miro says "he don't get out much" and "he's the last of the family"; the reason is because ZC version 2.10 doesn't have Ice Wizzrobes.  His kind will come out of their shells (so to speak) in the ZC 2.50 version of the quest.
  • Glitch/Pikachu - Another PureZC cameo character (of which there are a couple in the Monster Village).  I guess Glitch glitches out by changing forms, and this time he became a Pikachu!  According to his words, he must've become Pokemon at other times.  When you're not talking to him, if you watch, you'll see a white puff come from his mouth indicating a disappointed sigh.
  • Buying Bug:omg: Uhhhh, uh-duh?  :nerd:  :tard: ... :eyebrow:  Wow.  I had no clue.   :unsure:  ... No matter, though; Jabin's shop will be different when I can actually place bomb bags in shops.  Until then, we just have to deal with upgrades.
  • Moblin Hint - Ye be right!  The walkable combos with larger rocks are the islands in the raft maze and the smaller rocks are the raft path you have to take.  When the blue Moblin says "leads to love", the "love" means a heart piece.  (I got that word meaning from the fortune teller in Twilight Princess.)
    And no, that second upward path of small rocks wasn't the end; it was down from the beginning.
    The bushes, though, are in the same position as the bushes by the start of the raft maze. as a matter of fact, the way you climb up to Giggidy's cave is the start of the raft maze!  Note the walkable rock combos for the small islands?
  • "Doesn't Ganon have her?" - Of course.  Giggidy's just lying to you to trick you into getting him a schoolgirl to feast on.  :shiver:  I guess he likes little girls and not grown adults like Link...  :disgust: (Ugh. I think I'll stop there. :oops: )

Well, hopefully I'll have more time next time to do more than one part in a row.  Until then, I'll look forward to the upcoming money collecting! :)

#47 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:44 PM

Part 27 - Heading down into the ruins to move on.  Need a super bomb to open the main entrance and clearing level 9 to open the blockade at the start.  Linear place with one long battle at the end.  Fairly messy job in that battle, but whatever, just wanted to get through this place to move on

• Lightwulf likes this

#48 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:14 PM

Part 17:

• Door Repair on Big Island - Yes, it is a door repair, but this one is special! :)  The PureZC member named Strike hides a character called Old Man Daniel in all of his quests; so, at his request, I hid Old Man Daniel in my quest, too!  (Just to be clear, he's in the cracked wall above the group of green and brown bushes in the center of the screen.)  Of course, as I mentioned before, I offered to everyone to put cameo characters in my quest for them; Strike was just one of them that replied.
  • Jumping Fish on Next Screen - You're right; this is one of the new additions to the quest.  This was not in the earlier incarnations of the quest.
  • Walkable Trees - Whoops! :oops:  I totally should've added Lens markers to those trees.  Of course, when you enter the screen with the tree you walk into, usually a Moblin shows up there and gives it away anyway.  If you pay attention, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out.  (I probably didn't put any Lens markers there because I assumed you'd get this secret early on.)
  • Super Bomb Capacity - No, I don't think so.  It's supposed to be a 4-to-1 ratio.  In that case, if you can hold 8 bombs, you can hold 2 super bombs.  If you can hold 48 bombs, you can hold 48/4 = 12 super bombs.  However, that doesn't explain why you were able to get 13... :-/
  • 50 Rupees on Forest Island - I forgot I put that there!   :D :heh:
  • Lord of the Rings Reference - Something like that!  :lol:  Moedorm is the cameo character for the PureZC member named "L L L L L LINK", and he specifically wanted that quote.  I guess it's a cross between Mordor and Moldorm.

I hope to view the next one soon! :)

Edited by Lightwulf, 30 September 2015 - 02:24 PM.

#49 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:01 AM

Part 28 - Time to get one last bit of fresh air outside, picking up some more loose change along the way.  After finishing our little break, time to go into the big snake to enter the big boss hideout

• Lightwulf likes this

#50 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:51 PM

Part 29 - Time to find Ganon and take him out and save Zelda once again.  If you got past the big snake boss, then this place shouldn't be that big an issue.

Hopefully whoever watched this LP enjoyed it and maybe helped out a little.  May be considering a random NES game I recorded a long time ago to upload next.

#51 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:07 PM

Part 18:

• Door Repair Charges - Nope, I'm pretty certain I put none of them in the Underworld.
  • "Odd Screen" at 2:00 - As is said in certain places, that's how the screen is laid out on the Overworld!  (The land on the Owerworld is almost always mountain/wall in the Underworld.)  That screen corresponds to the screen on Egalos Island with 20 rupees hidden under a bush.
  • Cave at 9:11 - Yep.  That one is where the whirlpool on the Overworld leads.
  • Gohma Screen - Again, boss enemies in Underworld = free money for beating them.  ;)  About the screen itself: On the Overworld, the trees correspond to reefs.  This one would lead to Serpento Island on the Overworld; in the Underworld, though, it's blocked by some boulders.
  • 140 Rupees - It's a secret to everyone, even me!  :tard:  (I forgot I put that one there. :heh: )

Well, good to see that pixcalibur finished his LP's of my quest! :)  I'll catch up to him with watching these eventually... :sweat:

#52 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:41 PM

Sorry it's been so long.  School kinda' sucks up your time.

Part 19:

• Goriya Statues - I'm not sure if I can do much about it.  When Link is so close, the boomerang hits the trigger for a few frames in a row instead of just one.  You have to be able to hit the statues at any point along the path, so I tried to place them around the room as minimally as possible. ...  Let me know if I should fix this; I think I might have a workable idea. (I have to look into the t
  • Top-Left Room - You don't need to beat the enemies in here at this point; you just need to grab the key and leave.  Of course, like pixcalibur said, beating a few of them now could help you later when you come to the room a different way.
  • Blue Statue Room - Without the Lens, indeed!  If you pay attention to the eyes, all of them are looking straight at you... except for one that looks up the whole time.  That's the one you have to shoot.
  • Lava/Ladder Room, North - The tiles look a little weird because of how they overlap over the lava combos.  That was an inherent issue with using diamond-shaped floor tiles instead of regular square tiles.  If you see a diamond shape with lava in the middle, that's a single lava combo and you have to use the ladder to cross it.
    And, yes, that is a Boss-Lock door to the west.
  • Hammer Room - That's right!  If you look carefully, that statue that you need to destroy does not shoot fireballs at you, so you don't have to use the Lens to find the secret.  (In ZQuest, you can only have 1 combo type, so I had to choose either Statue or Pound.)  Also, I had to use Lens markers because the Lens doesn't reveal Pound-type combos; just Hammer secrets, of which this is not.
    Also, you might recognize the layout of the room immediately below it because it's modeled after the same room in the first Zelda game.
  • Flooded Rooms - This way isn't just to get info; it's to get the Compass, too, as you'll see later on.
    - It might be hard to see where to go, but that's because of transparent water over a maze on the floor beneath.  I was thinking ahead to when I'd be making this in ZC version 2.50; then, I'll have the water level drain out and you'll have to navigate a maze different from when you swam through.  For now, just look out for the floating spike traps and spike chains.
    - The floating spikes are just solid; I could only make damage floors work if they were walkable (which would be negated with the Boots, anyway, because ZC version 2.10 doesn't have the option to disable certain items in certain rooms/dungeons).  Even if I could make swimmable damage combos, people would probably just tank through, so I had to account for that and just made them solid combos.
    - A bit of trivia:  The Dodongos at the end are invisible if you don't get (or choose not to get) the Amulet.

I'll post more if I get the chance.  Nice tour of the place!   :)

Edit:

Part 20:

• Super Bomb Room - Yeah, I used to only have 1 super bomb hidden in the dungeon.  I added a second one so that you naturally will have enough.  Then again, if you get killed by the deathknight, you could use your second super bomb to get through again.
    - Despite all of this, I made the blocks pushable so that you can exit without super bombs.
  • Deathknight - Not just the Fire Boomerang, but the Hookshot works almost as well!  (The Hookshot just can't shoot through blocks; that's one benefit of the boomerang.)  If you can't get a side shot on this guy (like pixcalibur did), use the hammer to break his shield and stun him while he's charging at you.

Well, I got one more done!  I gotta' go now.  I look forward to viewing more! :)

Edited by Lightwulf, 08 December 2015 - 07:14 PM.

#53 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:39 PM

Part 21:

• Info from Someone Else - Yep, that's right.  Captain Mido (in Harbor Town) spoke of this place specifically.  ... Of course, that was quite some time ago, so if you didn't immediately go looking for it, you might forget.  Since he says so much, I made it so that he doesn't say it again after you get the key to the ferry; so, unfortunately, this means that you can't go back and hear him recap what he said if you wanted to hear it again. :sorry:
  • The Point of That Room - If you'll notice, there's a return-warp tile on the floor.  A warp tile (at least one, though there might be two; I can't remember right now) elsewhere in the ship takes you there.
  • Get Rid of All the Easy Stuff First - Yes, but you don't have to fight the Mirror-robe!  Defeat one (or a few) of the Goriyas in the room, then go to the right and come back.  It will have turned into a Goriya instead! ;)  Easy peasy.
  • Gleeok(s) - Yep!  In this room, there are two 3-headed Gleeoks, giving the impression that it's one Gleeok with 6 heads.
  • Shortcut - Not only is it there if you need to go back, but if you accidentally die trying to get to the boss (or fall down the whirlpool in the above room), you have a quick way of returning there from the entrance.
  • 50 Rupees - :odd2: ??? ... That was weird.  No, you didn't pick up the 50-rupee item with the boomerang, buuuut it gave you the 50 rupees when you got the 5-rupee item. :blink: ...  Never seen that before.  Not sure why that happened.
    You are right about the boomerang picking things up.  I chose to not check the rule that allows boomerangs to pick up room items.  It'd be too easy.  (Next time I make a quest and I check that option, I'm gonna' make boomerangs scarce so that you can't easily grab things before you're supposed to get them.)
  • Whirlpool - It doesn't go back to the start, but to the room directly underneath this one on the first floor.  It's the room that had floating pushable barrels.  As long as you've opened the shortcut, you might as well go back to the start to use the shortcut warp.
  • Bombable Wall - You missed it!  Why did you miss it???  :wth: (Kidding.  :kawaii:)
    In this room, look for a cracked wall along the left; it's where the wall sticks out without being diagonal.  Bomb this and it leads to a room with a free potion. (If pixcalibur knew about this, he might skip it because he doesn't need the potion, since he already has one.)

Part 22:

• Front Entrance - Hunh.  I didn't realize before now that the front entrance is quicker for reaching the basement! ... Then again, I did put that boss lock block there as a shortcut later in the game. :-/ ...  Coolness! :D
  • Din's Fire - A common mistake in this room, even made by me, is standing too close to the trees when using Din's Fire; the flames go right over and miss what they're supposed to hit.  Just like pixcalibur did, you gotta' stand back a few combos to aim it just right.
    He's right about the small trees, though I thought I put Din's Fire triggers at the base of the big tree, too...  If you make the fire hit one of the small trees and the big tree, that will work, too.
  • Cameo Character - Here you see the second appearance of the guy that was in the cave that leads to the Monster Village.  He does what he can to help, but that's nothing compared to what Link has to do.
    - Keep an eye out for this guy; he'll appear one more time in this quest.
  • Super Bombs - I know there are some hidden super bombs you can find, though I can't remember how many I hid or which ones you found already...

Part 23:

• Squished Screens - Well, yeah!  Sometimes cliffs/ravine edges can be pretty steep, not allowing for much ground to walk on!
    Seriously, though, if you visit every screen of the ravine and look at your Underworld map (yeah, I know it's technically an "overworld"-type map, but this is the "Underworld" in my game), you should notice that the shape of it looks like a certain island on the Overworld...  :whistle:  Anyway, because I made the hole look like the island and put ground where the water is on those Overworld screens, some of the screens can be pretty tight because of very little water on the corresponding screens on the Overworld.
  • Desert Ravine Music - This music is a little gem I just so happened to find in a zip file of Final Fantasy 4 music from one of the midi sharing sites.  (I forget which, unfortunately.)  Hidden amongst many familiar tunes from that game, I stumbled upon this little gem that was titled as a Final Fantasy Mix named "Restless Moments".  I have no clue if it was parsed from the coding in the original game or if it's just an original song inspired by the music/instruments used in FF4 songs.  Anyway, I found this when looking for appropriate music for Desert Ravine, and it seemed to fit the bill! :D  Kinda' spooky & eerie, and it seems gives off some "heat", such that you'd expect to feel when in a desert.
    - If anyone else knows more of this song's true origin, please let me know.
  • Animation - Well, I was hoping by the fact that the screen palette gets darker (and the fact that you just entered a whirlpool) that you'd figure out that the whirlpool is sucking you down into the ocean/underground.  Anyone who knows about going deep underwater knows that there's less light the further down you go.  The mountains getting larger on the screen are supposed to indicate that you're being sucked down through an opening in the ground, shaped like a volcano but with a whirlpool in the center instead of lava.  Each screen shows a deeper elevation.
  • Using Din's Fire on Brown Trees - Yeah, they're just a shortcut to get to level 9 from Lost Traveler Town without having to go through the maze-like White Woods or going all the way around through Desert Ravine and Stalactite Cavern just to get there (the latter of which is quite a hike).
  • Tight Screen - If you wanna' know why it's so tight, keep in mind that most of the mountains you see are walkable land (or shallow water, which is walkable) on the Overworld.  A majority of the walkable ground in the Underworld corresponds to water on the Overworld.
  • Chrono Trigger Music - Yes, it is, with the exception that they added percussion to the second (and succeeding) repetitions of the midi track.  That percussion is not heard in the Middle Ages (which is where the music is from) in the Chrono Trigger game, itself.
  • White Woods - Yes, it actually is all connected.  The trick is seeing which big trees you can walk behind in order to pass through.
    - Not sure if you noticed the music.  It's from Twilight Princess in Renado's hut.
  • Rocks on Ground (after going through Harbor Town warp) - The rocky ground in the Underworld corresponds to the paving-stone pathway in Harbor Town. And yeah, the purple trees are in the same place as the Harbor Town toll booth.

Whew!  That was a lot to go through in one sitting! :kawaii:  I look forward to viewing the next episode! :D

#54 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 December 2015 - 12:48 AM

Part 18:

• Door Repair Charges - Nope, I'm pretty certain I put none of them in the Underworld.
  • "Odd Screen" at 2:00 - As is said in certain places, that's how the screen is laid out on the Overworld!  (The land on the Owerworld is almost always mountain/wall in the Underworld.)  That screen corresponds to the screen on Egalos Island with 20 rupees hidden under a bush.
  • Cave at 9:11 - Yep.  That one is where the whirlpool on the Overworld leads.
  • Gohma Screen - Again, boss enemies in Underworld = free money for beating them.   ;)  About the screen itself: On the Overworld, the trees correspond to reefs.  This one would lead to Serpento Island on the Overworld; in the Underworld, though, it's blocked by some boulders.
  • 140 Rupees - It's a secret to everyone, even me!  :tard:  (I forgot I put that one there. :heh: )

Well, good to see that pixcalibur finished his LP's of my quest! :)  I'll catch up to him with watching these eventually... :sweat:

Yeah, lots of secrets to find.  I don't think I found all of them, but probably just missed some free money that I couldn't hold anyway

Sorry it's been so long.  School kinda' sucks up your time.

Part 19:

• Goriya Statues - I'm not sure if I can do much about it.  When Link is so close, the boomerang hits the trigger for a few frames in a row instead of just one.  You have to be able to hit the statues at any point along the path, so I tried to place them around the room as minimally as possible. ...  Let me know if I should fix this; I think I might have a workable idea. (I have to look into the t
  • Top-Left Room - You don't need to beat the enemies in here at this point; you just need to grab the key and leave.  Of course, like pixcalibur said, beating a few of them now could help you later when you come to the room a different way.
  • Blue Statue Room - Without the Lens, indeed!  If you pay attention to the eyes, all of them are looking straight at you... except for one that looks up the whole time.  That's the one you have to shoot.
  • Lava/Ladder Room, North - The tiles look a little weird because of how they overlap over the lava combos.  That was an inherent issue with using diamond-shaped floor tiles instead of regular square tiles.  If you see a diamond shape with lava in the middle, that's a single lava combo and you have to use the ladder to cross it.
    And, yes, that is a Boss-Lock door to the west.
  • Hammer Room - That's right!  If you look carefully, that statue that you need to destroy does not shoot fireballs at you, so you don't have to use the Lens to find the secret.  (In ZQuest, you can only have 1 combo type, so I had to choose either Statue or Pound.)  Also, I had to use Lens markers because the Lens doesn't reveal Pound-type combos; just Hammer secrets, of which this is not.
    Also, you might recognize the layout of the room immediately below it because it's modeled after the same room in the first Zelda game.
  • Flooded Rooms - This way isn't just to get info; it's to get the Compass, too, as you'll see later on.
    - It might be hard to see where to go, but that's because of transparent water over a maze on the floor beneath.  I was thinking ahead to when I'd be making this in ZC version 2.50; then, I'll have the water level drain out and you'll have to navigate a maze different from when you swam through.  For now, just look out for the floating spike traps and spike chains.
    - The floating spikes are just solid; I could only make damage floors work if they were walkable (which would be negated with the Boots, anyway, because ZC version 2.10 doesn't have the option to disable certain items in certain rooms/dungeons).  Even if I could make swimmable damage combos, people would probably just tank through, so I had to account for that and just made them solid combos.
    - A bit of trivia:  The Dodongos at the end are invisible if you don't get (or choose not to get) the Amulet.

I'll post more if I get the chance.  Nice tour of the place!   :)

Edit:

Part 20:

• Super Bomb Room - Yeah, I used to only have 1 super bomb hidden in the dungeon.  I added a second one so that you naturally will have enough.  Then again, if you get killed by the deathknight, you could use your second super bomb to get through again.
    - Despite all of this, I made the blocks pushable so that you can exit without super bombs.
  • Deathknight - Not just the Fire Boomerang, but the Hookshot works almost as well!  (The Hookshot just can't shoot through blocks; that's one benefit of the boomerang.)  If you can't get a side shot on this guy (like pixcalibur did), use the hammer to break his shield and stun him while he's charging at you.

Well, I got one more done!  I gotta' go now.  I look forward to viewing more! :)

I think I only knew of the invisible enemies after watching Grantgreif's LP's

Hookshot really only works after breaking the shield, as you'd have to hit the back half of the death knight (or any darknut for that matter) to stun it.  Better to use half tile positioning to safely hammer the shield out, then you can stun it with the hookshot.  Fire boomerang is just more reliable in general to stun

Part 21:

• Info from Someone Else - Yep, that's right.  Captain Mido (in Harbor Town) spoke of this place specifically.  ... Of course, that was quite some time ago, so if you didn't immediately go looking for it, you might forget.  Since he says so much, I made it so that he doesn't say it again after you get the key to the ferry; so, unfortunately, this means that you can't go back and hear him recap what he said if you wanted to hear it again. :sorry:
  • The Point of That Room - If you'll notice, there's a return-warp tile on the floor.  A warp tile (at least one, though there might be two; I can't remember right now) elsewhere in the ship takes you there.
  • Get Rid of All the Easy Stuff First - Yes, but you don't have to fight the Mirror-robe!  Defeat one (or a few) of the Goriyas in the room, then go to the right and come back.  It will have turned into a Goriya instead! ;)  Easy peasy.
  • Gleeok(s) - Yep!  In this room, there are two 3-headed Gleeoks, giving the impression that it's one Gleeok with 6 heads.
  • Shortcut - Not only is it there if you need to go back, but if you accidentally die trying to get to the boss (or fall down the whirlpool in the above room), you have a quick way of returning there from the entrance.
  • 50 Rupees - :odd2: ??? ... That was weird.  No, you didn't pick up the 50-rupee item with the boomerang, buuuut it gave you the 50 rupees when you got the 5-rupee item. :blink: ...  Never seen that before.  Not sure why that happened.
    You are right about the boomerang picking things up.  I chose to not check the rule that allows boomerangs to pick up room items.  It'd be too easy.  (Next time I make a quest and I check that option, I'm gonna' make boomerangs scarce so that you can't easily grab things before you're supposed to get them.)
  • Whirlpool - It doesn't go back to the start, but to the room directly underneath this one on the first floor.  It's the room that had floating pushable barrels.  As long as you've opened the shortcut, you might as well go back to the start to use the shortcut warp.
  • Bombable Wall - You missed it!  Why did you miss it???  :wth: (Kidding.  :kawaii:)
    In this room, look for a cracked wall along the left; it's where the wall sticks out without being diagonal.  Bomb this and it leads to a room with a free potion. (If pixcalibur knew about this, he might skip it because he doesn't need the potion, since he already has one.)

Part 22:

• Front Entrance - Hunh.  I didn't realize before now that the front entrance is quicker for reaching the basement! ... Then again, I did put that boss lock block there as a shortcut later in the game. :-/ ...  Coolness! :D
  • Din's Fire - A common mistake in this room, even made by me, is standing too close to the trees when using Din's Fire; the flames go right over and miss what they're supposed to hit.  Just like pixcalibur did, you gotta' stand back a few combos to aim it just right.
    He's right about the small trees, though I thought I put Din's Fire triggers at the base of the big tree, too...  If you make the fire hit one of the small trees and the big tree, that will work, too.
  • Cameo Character - Here you see the second appearance of the guy that was in the cave that leads to the Monster Village.  He does what he can to help, but that's nothing compared to what Link has to do.
    - Keep an eye out for this guy; he'll appear one more time in this quest.
  • Super Bombs - I know there are some hidden super bombs you can find, though I can't remember how many I hid or which ones you found already...

Part 23:

• Squished Screens - Well, yeah!  Sometimes cliffs/ravine edges can be pretty steep, not allowing for much ground to walk on!
    Seriously, though, if you visit every screen of the ravine and look at your Underworld map (yeah, I know it's technically an "overworld"-type map, but this is the "Underworld" in my game), you should notice that the shape of it looks like a certain island on the Overworld...  :whistle:  Anyway, because I made the hole look like the island and put ground where the water is on those Overworld screens, some of the screens can be pretty tight because of very little water on the corresponding screens on the Overworld.
  • Desert Ravine Music - This music is a little gem I just so happened to find in a zip file of Final Fantasy 4 music from one of the midi sharing sites.  (I forget which, unfortunately.)  Hidden amongst many familiar tunes from that game, I stumbled upon this little gem that was titled as a Final Fantasy Mix named "Restless Moments".  I have no clue if it was parsed from the coding in the original game or if it's just an original song inspired by the music/instruments used in FF4 songs.  Anyway, I found this when looking for appropriate music for Desert Ravine, and it seemed to fit the bill! :D  Kinda' spooky & eerie, and it seems gives off some "heat", such that you'd expect to feel when in a desert.
    - If anyone else knows more of this song's true origin, please let me know.
  • Animation - Well, I was hoping by the fact that the screen palette gets darker (and the fact that you just entered a whirlpool) that you'd figure out that the whirlpool is sucking you down into the ocean/underground.  Anyone who knows about going deep underwater knows that there's less light the further down you go.  The mountains getting larger on the screen are supposed to indicate that you're being sucked down through an opening in the ground, shaped like a volcano but with a whirlpool in the center instead of lava.  Each screen shows a deeper elevation.
  • Using Din's Fire on Brown Trees - Yeah, they're just a shortcut to get to level 9 from Lost Traveler Town without having to go through the maze-like White Woods or going all the way around through Desert Ravine and Stalactite Cavern just to get there (the latter of which is quite a hike).
  • Tight Screen - If you wanna' know why it's so tight, keep in mind that most of the mountains you see are walkable land (or shallow water, which is walkable) on the Overworld.  A majority of the walkable ground in the Underworld corresponds to water on the Overworld.
  • Chrono Trigger Music - Yes, it is, with the exception that they added percussion to the second (and succeeding) repetitions of the midi track.  That percussion is not heard in the Middle Ages (which is where the music is from) in the Chrono Trigger game, itself.
  • White Woods - Yes, it actually is all connected.  The trick is seeing which big trees you can walk behind in order to pass through.
    - Not sure if you noticed the music.  It's from Twilight Princess in Renado's hut.
  • Rocks on Ground (after going through Harbor Town warp) - The rocky ground in the Underworld corresponds to the paving-stone pathway in Harbor Town. And yeah, the purple trees are in the same place as the Harbor Town toll booth.

Whew!  That was a lot to go through in one sitting! :kawaii:  I look forward to viewing the next episode! :D

Yeah, I still missed stuff given I don't lens every single screen in every place.  Really could only find everything if I had the quest password, as I could just use ZQuest to look around the screens

Probably got most of the free super bombs.  Given so much free money, maxed out super bombs and still had full money with spare secrets left over.

Yeah, did realize White Woods connecting around the place.  Have to stumble a bit around the place.

• Lightwulf likes this

#55 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:05 PM

Part 24:

• Nobody's Cave - "Nobody" is the PureZC cameo character for Moscow Modder.  If you'll notice, I included his "Path of Shadows" quest's name in Nobody's quote! ;)  Yeah, "Nobody" is his name, so he is Nobody!
  • Artistic's Advice - You're right! :)  She is talking about that secret.  The only thing that isn't clear is how she got through the trees to Lost Traveler Town and Link can't. ;)
    - FYI: Artistic and Mr. Snooze are their names on PureZC, too.
  • PokemonMaster64's Shop - This is here for those who haven't found Monster Village yet and really need the items.  The best thing you can buy here is the red potion because the only other potion shop in the Underworld (not far from level 9) is more expensive.
    - FYI: This is Moosh's old PureZC name.  I tailored his words after his sprite, Mewtwo, referencing what he did in that old Pokemon movie (I forget the title; it was probably the first actual Pokemon movie, if I'm not mistaken) where Mewtwo makes clones of the trainers' Pokemon to use against them.  In that movie, one of the trainers says "A Pokemon can't be a Pokemon trainer!"
  • Lost Traveler Town Music - You're right! :)  It is the Clock Town theme from Majora's Mask.
    - BTW (in case you didn't notice), this is basically a PureZC cameo character town.  See if you know any of these guys here from the PureZC forums!
  • Inn - The lady at the front desk is supposed to be Anju from MM.  Pay attention to her first line; it might sound familiar. ;)
  • bb89 - "blackbishop89" is currently known as Mero on PureZC.  And it's not a pawn; it's a bishop. ;)
  • Spike = Jaghnus on PureZC
  • Hal = Orithan on PureZC
  • Nocturne = Nightmeres on PureZC
    - Buy the red candle here to help him pay for Driver's Ed!!!  :tard: (Joking, of course; no rupees anywhere translated to real dollars in our world.)  Seriously, it's up to you whether you want to wait until getting here to buy it cheaper.  As pixcalibur stated, it's the only item Nocturne offers that you can't find for free in this game.
  • Sebastiano Michaelangelo Marcantonio Normandia - On the tile pages, I abbreviated his name as "SMMN" to make it easier. :sweat:  Yeah, it's long, but that's what Daemon wanted his character called!
    - BTW, in case you didn't get the reference, he's basically quoting Indigo Montoya from the movie "Princess Bride".
  • Random Stuff - Well, yeah!  I left it up to the PureZC member to choose what they wanted their characters to look like and say.  ... Then I added some quest-relevant stuff as well. :heh: (Some didn't really specify what they wanted to say; others, it just fit naturally with their character.)
  • Skull Kid - Are you sure he's talking about that Skull Kid?  :snide:  Actually, this guy is supposed to be Kafei from Majora's Mask; he's referencing the Skull Kid from that game!  You know how mischievous that Skull Kid was, right?  :shiver:
  • Room 201 - The whole point of this room is to get a good night's sleep!  Why else would you rent a room at an Inn???  :lol:  Yeah, I like to make things realistic when possible. ;)  The shoutout to MM you so speak of is using the lady at the front desk (see "Inn" above) and replacing "Stock Pot" in the inn's title to the name of the town. :)
  • The Cid Bros. Power Plant - Sorry for the backstory without warning. (Besides, old people talk a lot, don't they? :heh: ) Here, Cid from FFIV tells you how they ended up in the universe of the Legend of Zelda.  To add backstory to backstory, Cid from FFV briefly explains that he was transported to Cecil's world in FFIV long before they ever arrived in the Underworld!
    - ... How else can I justify them having electricity in the Underworld, let alone in Zelda times?  Zelda technology is nowhere near such things!  So, I made it so that Cecil & Co. were traveling on an airship and got transported to the Underworld here (and crashed, obviously, because an airship would have no room to move in such tight quarters).  The Cid Bros. recycled the parts of the airship to make the generator and all the streetlights in the town.
    - ... Great, I just saw something I need to fix. When you talk to the Cid Bros., it warps you to an identical room... except the walls are not 100% identical.  I have to add some decorations to that room that I didn't have there when I copied the screen over. :doh:
  • Nolornbon Brothers - No, nothing for now.  That'll be different in the ZC 2.50 version when Cigarhead Bobman attacks you in their basement!  :shiver: (The entrance to the basement is currently hidden under the table; if you look closely, you can see some of the floor edging at the edge of the table, indicating that the downstairs ladder is just below them.)
    - BTW, they are named after their namesake (Nolornbon) from PureZC.
  • Ground Mario and Air Luigi - Oh, that is not scripted!  That's all animated, and I made those animation sprites all by myself!  (I've never even played SuperStar Saga, so no, I didn't look it up sprites for it.)  It took a few tile pages to lay out the animation for all the combos involved; believe me.  It took a bit of fine-tuning, too; I didn't get it right the first time.  Hope you enjoy!
    - FYI: Air Luigi is a PureZC member that helped me out a lot with playtesting this quest, so I wanted to give him a special room in this town.  Hope you appreciate his help, too! :)
    - Trivia: I blocked off the upstairs of this house so that it can house other cameo characters in the future.
    - Music: You are right!  It's from the Mushroom Kingdom in Super Mario RPG.  ... I couldn't find a quality version of Mario's House from that game :lazy: so I settled with this one since it's clearly a Mario tune. 
  • Join = DragonDePlatino on PureZC
    - His dialogue may be weird, but he does tell you about another cameo character (that looks like a Goomba) and where he's located (at the town's library).
    - BTW, you missed a cameo character (because it's not obvious since you don't talk to her).  Right here (on the same screen as Join), just to the right of where Link is standing, is DarkFlameWolf.  You may notice the fiery ends of her hair.  She actually didn't request this cameo; I took my sprites for Lightwulf, recolored them, added long hair, and included her here just 'cause I wanted to.  :cheese:
  • Shane - Yes, it is a turtle.  His sprite is from FFV.  There's a sage that's a turtle in that game, so that's how I used the sprite in this quest.  :cheese:
  • PeteAndWally - (That's all one character name, BTW.) This PureZC character fills you in on the role that Cole, NewJourneysFire's character, plays in the town's defense.
  • FeFeRawft = Chakaa on PureZC  (He changed his nick a couple times since I put him in here.)
    - I made the MLP sprites for him since, at that time, that's what his avatar was.
  • Gambling Spot - That's where Cukeman shines (so to speak)!  Do you know him?  He's made some great classic Zelda II enemy sprites here on PureZC.
  • Jared - His computer screen just has a couple of random pixels moving about.  I didn't make it to look like any recognizable game since the screen is so small.  And yes, he's here on PureZC, too, under the same name (unless he just recently changed it).
  • Lunar = LunarRedMage on PureZC
    - What he says references his quest projects that he was working on at the time.
  • Cecil - Actually, he is the only non-PureZC cameo character I put in this quest.  He represents one of my relatives who likes to go by the name Akai; FFIV was one of his favorite games growing up, so he's liked Cecil for some time now.
  • Library Music - It's from one of the "rest areas" from Super Smash Bros. Melee, if I remember correctly.  I had to ask for help picking a tune for the library, and this was the one I liked the best out of those suggested.
    Edit: Well, pixcalibur posted it on a Youtube comment and reminded me.  It is the "All Star Rest Area" music from Melee.
  • Writing on Chalkboard - Like most props in the Legend of Zelda games, I didn't make any of the writing legible.  I don't know Hylian, anyway, and I wanted to save combo/tile space.
  • Kinek = klop422 on PureZC
  • Professor Frankly = -DuCkTApE- on PureZC  (yes, that is his nick, including the dashes)
  • Leo = Ica on PureZC
  • Book - That book gets outdated every time one of them changes their nick on PureZC!!!  :augh:  I don't think I could keep up with all the changes...  Charizard changed his nick to Shane, so that's one discrepancy I noticed.

Whew!  That was a long episode (not that I mind, of course).  I look forward to the next one! :)  (And don't worry. The Skull Kid won't try to trick you; he's just... tricky.)

#56 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:50 PM

Part 24:

• Nobody's Cave - "Nobody" is the PureZC cameo character for Moscow Modder.  If you'll notice, I included his "Path of Shadows" quest's name in Nobody's quote! ;)  Yeah, "Nobody" is his name, so he is Nobody!
  • Artistic's Advice - You're right! :)  She is talking about that secret.  The only thing that isn't clear is how she got through the trees to Lost Traveler Town and Link can't. ;)
    - FYI: Artistic and Mr. Snooze are their names on PureZC, too.
  • PokemonMaster64's Shop - This is here for those who haven't found Monster Village yet and really need the items.  The best thing you can buy here is the red potion because the only other potion shop in the Underworld (not far from level 9) is more expensive.
    - FYI: This is Moosh's old PureZC name.  I tailored his words after his sprite, Mewtwo, referencing what he did in that old Pokemon movie (I forget the title; it was probably the first actual Pokemon movie, if I'm not mistaken) where Mewtwo makes clones of the trainers' Pokemon to use against them.  In that movie, one of the trainers says "A Pokemon can't be a Pokemon trainer!"
  • Lost Traveler Town Music - You're right! :)  It is the Clock Town theme from Majora's Mask.
    - BTW (in case you didn't notice), this is basically a PureZC cameo character town.  See if you know any of these guys here from the PureZC forums!
  • Inn - The lady at the front desk is supposed to be Anju from MM.  Pay attention to her first line; it might sound familiar. ;)
  • bb89 - "blackbishop89" is currently known as Mero on PureZC.  And it's not a pawn; it's a bishop. ;)
  • Spike = Jaghnus on PureZC
  • Hal = Orithan on PureZC
  • Nocturne = Nightmeres on PureZC
    - Buy the red candle here to help him pay for Driver's Ed!!!  :tard: (Joking, of course; no rupees anywhere translated to real dollars in our world.)  Seriously, it's up to you whether you want to wait until getting here to buy it cheaper.  As pixcalibur stated, it's the only item Nocturne offers that you can't find for free in this game.
  • Sebastiano Michaelangelo Marcantonio Normandia - On the tile pages, I abbreviated his name as "SMMN" to make it easier. :sweat:  Yeah, it's long, but that's what Daemon wanted his character called!
    - BTW, in case you didn't get the reference, he's basically quoting Indigo Montoya from the movie "Princess Bride".
  • Random Stuff - Well, yeah!  I left it up to the PureZC member to choose what they wanted their characters to look like and say.  ... Then I added some quest-relevant stuff as well. :heh: (Some didn't really specify what they wanted to say; others, it just fit naturally with their character.)
  • Skull Kid - Are you sure he's talking about that Skull Kid?  :snide:  Actually, this guy is supposed to be Kafei from Majora's Mask; he's referencing the Skull Kid from that game!  You know how mischievous that Skull Kid was, right?  :shiver:
  • Room 201 - The whole point of this room is to get a good night's sleep!  Why else would you rent a room at an Inn???  :lol:  Yeah, I like to make things realistic when possible. ;)  The shoutout to MM you so speak of is using the lady at the front desk (see "Inn" above) and replacing "Stock Pot" in the inn's title to the name of the town. :)
  • The Cid Bros. Power Plant - Sorry for the backstory without warning. (Besides, old people talk a lot, don't they? :heh: ) Here, Cid from FFIV tells you how they ended up in the universe of the Legend of Zelda.  To add backstory to backstory, Cid from FFV briefly explains that he was transported to Cecil's world in FFIV long before they ever arrived in the Underworld!
    - ... How else can I justify them having electricity in the Underworld, let alone in Zelda times?  Zelda technology is nowhere near such things!  So, I made it so that Cecil & Co. were traveling on an airship and got transported to the Underworld here (and crashed, obviously, because an airship would have no room to move in such tight quarters).  The Cid Bros. recycled the parts of the airship to make the generator and all the streetlights in the town.
    - ... Great, I just saw something I need to fix. When you talk to the Cid Bros., it warps you to an identical room... except the walls are not 100% identical.  I have to add some decorations to that room that I didn't have there when I copied the screen over. :doh:
  • Nolornbon Brothers - No, nothing for now.  That'll be different in the ZC 2.50 version when Cigarhead Bobman attacks you in their basement!  :shiver: (The entrance to the basement is currently hidden under the table; if you look closely, you can see some of the floor edging at the edge of the table, indicating that the downstairs ladder is just below them.)
    - BTW, they are named after their namesake (Nolornbon) from PureZC.
  • Ground Mario and Air Luigi - Oh, that is not scripted!  That's all animated, and I made those animation sprites all by myself!  (I've never even played SuperStar Saga, so no, I didn't look it up sprites for it.)  It took a few tile pages to lay out the animation for all the combos involved; believe me.  It took a bit of fine-tuning, too; I didn't get it right the first time.  Hope you enjoy!
    - FYI: Air Luigi is a PureZC member that helped me out a lot with playtesting this quest, so I wanted to give him a special room in this town.  Hope you appreciate his help, too! :)
    - Trivia: I blocked off the upstairs of this house so that it can house other cameo characters in the future.
    - Music: You are right!  It's from the Mushroom Kingdom in Super Mario RPG.  ... I couldn't find a quality version of Mario's House from that game :lazy: so I settled with this one since it's clearly a Mario tune. 
  • Join = DragonDePlatino on PureZC
    - His dialogue may be weird, but he does tell you about another cameo character (that looks like a Goomba) and where he's located (at the town's library).
    - BTW, you missed a cameo character (because it's not obvious since you don't talk to her).  Right here (on the same screen as Join), just to the right of where Link is standing, is DarkFlameWolf.  You may notice the fiery ends of her hair.  She actually didn't request this cameo; I took my sprites for Lightwulf, recolored them, added long hair, and included her here just 'cause I wanted to.  :cheese:
  • Shane - Yes, it is a turtle.  His sprite is from FFV.  There's a sage that's a turtle in that game, so that's how I used the sprite in this quest.  :cheese:
  • PeteAndWally - (That's all one character name, BTW.) This PureZC character fills you in on the role that Cole, NewJourneysFire's character, plays in the town's defense.
  • FeFeRawft = Chakaa on PureZC  (He changed his nick a couple times since I put him in here.)
    - I made the MLP sprites for him since, at that time, that's what his avatar was.
  • Gambling Spot - That's where Cukeman shines (so to speak)!  Do you know him?  He's made some great classic Zelda II enemy sprites here on PureZC.
  • Jared - His computer screen just has a couple of random pixels moving about.  I didn't make it to look like any recognizable game since the screen is so small.  And yes, he's here on PureZC, too, under the same name (unless he just recently changed it).
  • Lunar = LunarRedMage on PureZC
    - What he says references his quest projects that he was working on at the time.
  • Cecil - Actually, he is the only non-PureZC cameo character I put in this quest.  He represents one of my relatives who likes to go by the name Akai; FFIV was one of his favorite games growing up, so he's liked Cecil for some time now.
  • Library Music - It's from one of the "rest areas" from Super Smash Bros. Melee, if I remember correctly.  I had to ask for help picking a tune for the library, and this was the one I liked the best out of those suggested.
    Edit: Well, pixcalibur posted it on a Youtube comment and reminded me.  It is the "All Star Rest Area" music from Melee.
  • Writing on Chalkboard - Like most props in the Legend of Zelda games, I didn't make any of the writing legible.  I don't know Hylian, anyway, and I wanted to save combo/tile space.
  • Kinek = klop422 on PureZC
  • Professor Frankly = -DuCkTApE- on PureZC  (yes, that is his nick, including the dashes)
  • Leo = Ica on PureZC
  • Book - That book gets outdated every time one of them changes their nick on PureZC!!!  :augh:  I don't think I could keep up with all the changes...  Charizard changed his nick to Shane, so that's one discrepancy I noticed.

Whew!  That was a long episode (not that I mind, of course).  I look forward to the next one! :)  (And don't worry. The Skull Kid won't try to trick you; he's just... tricky.)

Yeah, lots of cameos in this town.  At least a chance to relax a bit

• Lightwulf likes this

#57 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:36 PM

Part 25: (Key Maze)

• First Room on Path 1 - Notice how the other enemies die when he kills the Stalfos 3?  Notice there are no other Stalfos 3 enemies in the room?  (Sure there are Stalfos 2's, but there are more than one of them.)  Sometimes certain different enemies (one type of enemy with multiples of other types of enemies in the room) are chosen as the ringleader.  Sometimes it's a simple blue Keese in a room full of dungeon-color Keese or other enemies; other times, it's more difficult enemies like in this instance.
  • Tiles w/ 4 Dots - That's right!  You can tell from the start what tiles become blocks by either lock blocks or boss lock blocks.  However, there's no telling what blocks will become tiles!  You can only tell what blocks have become tiles after using a lock/boss lock block because the blocks look flattened (just an X-shape with a square at the center).
  • Boss Lock Block at 14:34:doh: D'oh!  Figures I'd miss something like that.  I think what it was was that I overwrote some Boss-Lock Block Copycat blocks with some Lock Block Copycat blocks and forgot to go back and assign any Boss-Lock ones...  Something I gotta' fix...  Thanks for finding it! :)  I don't know HOW I missed that.
  • Boss Locks (in general) - One theme I'm hoping players get throughout all the dungeons is the use of the Boss Key to open up shortcuts.  It should be glaringly clear in this dungeon, I'm hoping!  :cat:  I guess it's up to the player if they use the shortcuts or not, but in this dungeon, it's required to open the boss-lock blocks to proceed in the dungeon.
  • Boss Lock Blooper - You know, I think you're right.  The second room down in the final corridor, I think I did intend for you to go around the long way.  :doh:  Another thing to fix...  Thanks! :)
  • Boss Lock First This Time! - Yep!  In the final corridor, as you get closer to the goal, you'll notice that you have to unlock the Boss Lock Block first, and then the regular Lock Block.  It's the ol' switcheroo, to keep things fresh. ;)
  • Sitting Duck - Verrry smart!  I guess I'm not used to using Nayru's Love in quests.  I hadn't considered using it when you go up against the boss! ;)  But yeah, if you don't unlock the blocks, it's pretty cramped trying to move around the room.  I'd like to see someone try it without unlocking the blocks!  :snide: 
    - BTW, did you notice the lock blocks move?  It was tricky pulling this off, but I made separate cycling combos for this.
  • Surprise at End - You got it!  That is a smiley face! :)

Great job! :-D  I look forward to viewing your next video.

Edit:

About the Boss Lock Blooper, after looking at it in ZQuest, I realized I didn't intend for you to go all the way around; the distance you went was far enough for me.  I was only thinking of one screen at a time.

Edited by Lightwulf, 24 March 2016 - 04:32 AM.

#58 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:07 AM

Part 26:

• Desert Ravine:
    • Gorblin Cave - Nayru's Love... I never really used that item much.  Good situation to use it in, I guess.  I ran out of cool items to put in this cave, BTW.  If I put a heart piece here, I'd have to change one of the other heart pieces to rupees.
      BTW, did you notice the shape of the room the Gorblin is in? ;)  (It's the shape of the Gorblin's face.)
    • Where Can You Walk? - On the second level down, the overhead mountain tiles extend 5 combos high for all mountain "pillars" (anything you can walk behind) in the depths of the Ravine.  For other levels in the Ravine, look at how many side mountain tiles there are before you reach top/tan mountain tiles; that's how many combos you can walk behind.  If you count 5 combos down from the top of a pillar, that's how much space you can walk in.  Look closely at the colors, too; the overhead is transparent, so if the colors are a little more tan than solid mountain tiles, you can walk through it.
    • The Eye Above the Door - That's there to tell you that this is no ordinary door.  As pixcalibur said, it cycles between 4 screens.  You don't have to wait for the eye to close, though; each screen only leads to one other screen.  The "cycle" is when you reenter the door you just came out of.  (You can't go directly back where you came from like you can with regular doors.  That's the magic of the eye for ya. ;) )  FYI, that'll probably change when I go back to make the 2.50 DX version of this quest; I'll probably change it to a Random warp.  :sly:
    • Healing En Route to the Gold Ring - One thing that pixcalibur missed is a side screen that has a fairy healing room just prior to reaching the room with the Gold Ring.  Just before using the hookshot on the Gorblin statue to cross the big gap, if you use the Lens on the north wall, you'll see a secret marked there (notice it's only 1 combo high?).  You can walk through this wall to the screen above.  There are very few enemies here, and you just walk up and into a cave to find a fairy healing room.  Nothing real big (and I don't think pixcalibur needed it, :heh: which explains why he wouldn't need to show it; not sure if he knew about this, though), but it's there if you want to top off your life before the battle.  Of course, if you take pixcalibur's advice and use Nayru's Love, you may not even need to use a potion in that battle!
    • Hidden Cavern Music - Yes!  You got it! ;)  It's a track called "Life in the Mines" from DKC1.
  • Giggidy's Minimap - Gary the Green Goriya spoke of this.  Glad you figured it out this time! :)  For us all that have played Majora's Mask and fought the Wizzrobe, we should remember that the real Wizzrobe showed up as a dot on the minimap so you could easily tell which one was the real one.  Here's how I made it work in ZQuest:  
    Spoiler
  • Hero and Villain??? - Technically, yes!  When TK's mom pauses before saying "Now, don't be so modest!", Link is actually stammering, trying to find a way to explain that he's the one who kidnapped her in the first place.  Of course, he fumbles over his words and is seen as trying to make himself seem like less of a hero than he really is, so TK's mom figures Link's just trying to be modest. :)
  • TK's Family Members - Just FYI: I actually programmed this sidequest so that, at each step in the sidequest, the positions of (most of) the family members change.  The grandpa stays sleeping on the green chair by the entrance until the end, but if you return after a significant event* happens, you'll find them in a different position than before.  You'll see the older son at different places in the kitchen helping his mom with the soup she's cooking.  Other kids come to TK's window after it gets busted out.  You'll see broken glass on the floor by the window until it later gets swept up.  Etc., etc., etc.
       *Oh, and by "significant event", I mean that if you hear the sound of you picking up an item.  Here's a list of significant events:
    Spoiler

Great job getting the Gold Ring! :D  Normally, I'd have gotten the TK sidequest heart piece before finishing level 9, so I don't consider it the "last" heart piece, but that's just me.  (I do understand it was the last one you needed. ;) Good job!)

Well, I'm getting closer to the end (the last LP part)!  Wish me luck on finishing viewing these. :heh:

Edited by Lightwulf, 24 March 2016 - 04:08 AM.

#59 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:52 AM

Part 27:  (Ancient Ruins)

• Purple Enemies - Yeah, about that, there is a reason I have those colors for the level-color enemies, like Bats, Splitting Darknuts, Tribble Zols, etc.  (I'll let you decide whether it's a good reason or not. :heh: )  I made a custom palette for this place using the regular cave colors but putting them in order to be used with dungeon tiles.  The original palette I overwrote was a Classic extra dungeon set that was purple.  I decided to leave CSet 9 alone because it makes the enemies look different. ;)  BTW, if you play this in ZC version 2.10, all the level 2 Ropes are level color instead of the same color as the level 1 Ropes.
  • It Can Take a While [to Get Through] - Too true.  I did my best to make it seem like you're realistically going down, level-by-level, through the earth's crust until you end up in the Underworld, far below all the surface water.  So, because of that, this side-dungeon does stretch on a ways.  To make it more tolerable, I created shortcuts accessible via the Boss Key; but, I made sure that they are only accessible from the bottom up so you can't just find the boss key, backtrack, and skip the boss or something like that.
  • Wall Fireball-Shooters - Since ZC version 2.10 doesn't have arrow shooters, I had to settle for making these shoot fireballs.  I wanted these to be like the dart-shooter traps seen in Indiana Jones movies (or other movies with old, trap-ridden castles/tombs), but can't depict it accurately with ZC version 2.10.  This will be fixed if I ever come out with the ZC 2.50 version of this quest, but for now, you'll have to settle with them being able to aim fireballs at you.  (I made the shooting ones Statue combos and checked "Statues Shoot Fireballs" on those screens.  The ones without lit-up eyes are plain {non-Statue} combos, so they won't shoot at all.
  • Trap Room - If you play this quest in ZC version 2.10, the statue combos don't shoot if they are not on the screen until placed via room secrets. :(  I guess the statue combos have to be on the screen upon entering it in order to be shooters.  They obviously fixed this problem in ZC version 2.50, as you can see in this video!  :snide:
  • Snake Head - Not sure if you noticed, but I used conveyor combos to make it seem like you slip off the steep sides of the neck and face.
  • First Dodongo Room - Pixcalibur didn't mention this (probably because I added it later and he didn't need it anyway), but there is a bomb item hiding under the head of the lower-right snake statue.  I added that there for less-experienced players that don't know the Dodongo bomb trick that pixcalibur uses.  You can thank GrantGrief for that. :heh:  This battle was the stopping point of his LP's because he couldn't get past this battle (and didn't know how to do the Dodongo bomb trick, either), so be on the lookout for more bomb items in Dodongo battle rooms.  Hopefully you'll use these sparingly, though, because these bomb items don't respawn if you pick them up and die and have to start the battle over again.
  • Not Sure What the Traps are There For - I guess they are useless there. :doh:  The traps bounce off other enemies, as you might have noticed. ... I placed custom enemy spawn points over the heads of the lower statues, on the inside of those traps, so my guess is that the spawn points act like an enemy is still there, even though the real enemy moved off of it after the screen loaded.  In case you haven't guessed by now, that was not intended.  I'll have to move them up at least one combo, or horizontally on the other side of the statue, so they can move. :heh: (They're actually line-of-sight traps, so they'll only move when Link moves in front of them.)  I noticed the same thing on another screen, so I'll have to fix that one, too. These fixes will be in the next update (which will hopefully be the final one).
  • Mirror-Robe Phase - Be glad I nerfed this room!!! Like pixcalibur said, it used to be a lot harder with traps and more fireball shooters.
  • Fire Boomerang Vs. Stalfos Beams - I recently replayed this in ZC version 2.10 and found that the fire boomerang does not reflect sword beams back at the thrower; the beam just acts like it hit a shield and is blocked.  Yeah, I know it works in 2.50, but not 2.10.  Just wanted to clarify that for those wanting to play this in its original ZC version.
  • Green Gorblin - FYI, his name hints to a villain all Spider Man fans are familiar with. ;)  I remember seeing a rerun of a Spider Man episode where this villain shouts the same phrase (with correct name, of course) as the Green Gorblin's first words. (The Green Goblin)
  • Final Room/"Back Entrance" - Take a look at the position of the lower combos of these snake statues.  If you'll notice, they're positioned the same as the statues in all Zelda 1 entrances. :)  (It would've held true for this quest in levels 1-7 as well, but I moved two of the statues inward to make room for shortcut warps blocked by boss key blocks. :-/ )

Great job so far, pixcalibur! :D  ('Course, it's not too hard when you have practically every item in the game.  :rolleyes:  But that's not a bad thing! ;) )

Well, another part down, two to go!  Wish me luck on finding time to view more! :)

#60 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:27 PM

Sorry that it's been so long.  Besides school, I had to fight an addiction to Minecraft. (I'll let you decide if that's a good thing or not!) Anyway, I'm back now!  I'll hopefully have time to finish this.

Part 28:

• "Miniature Snake" - This area is directly below the hidden island above the entrance to level 5.  If you remember, it's the island where you got the first wallet.  (As a matter of fact, I hope that you recognize the snake-shaped mountains are directly underneath Serpento Island.)
  • Gohma 3 - Yeah, you can actually bypass him.  It's not mandatory to defeat him (though you probably found it easy with the Gold Arrows anyway).  He's just one of the enemies mentioned in Lost Traveler Town that exist solely as a challenge to earn more rupees.
  • My Door - ...  :heh:  I have to fix that secret sound.  Sounds like you're ringing my doorbell or something.

Part 29: (Final Level)

• How Many Gohmas - If I remember correctly, it was the same number as in level 9.  I placed 4 Gohmas as Ganon's "pets" for the boss of level 9, so it's the same here.  BTW, if you don't remember the bone (fire) gleeok, it was at the beginning of level 8, not the end.
  • 50 Rupees - The reason for them is... I ran out of items as rewards!  :heh:  Not sure if I should've put anything different in that room.  There's plenty of bombs available elsewhere.  As a game designer, I figured that was the only thing I could offer as a special reward at this point in the game.  Yeah, not so special, but if you disagree, tell me what I could have put there instead.
  • 6-Headed Bone Gleeok = 2 Bone Gleeoks with 3 heads (FYI)
  • Ganon's Words - Here's a bit of trivia: The first line that Ganon says (when you enter his room on the lower floor) I actually got from a 3D Spider-Man game.  I kept dying while climbing a tower to get to Vulture.  The part I kept dying on was where Vulture throws some type of bomb that results in a flaming beam circling around the room.  As soon as you enter that room, Vulture says the same line that I had Ganon say.
  • Fire Glitch - Not sure why the protective fire around Xanthis and Ganon glitches for one frame.  :eyebrow:  Must have been a copy-paste error.  I'll look into that and fix it.
  • Hyrule Castle
    Spoiler

Well, that's it!  A big thanks to you, pixcalibur, for doing this Let's Play of my quest!  Very superbly done!

Edited by Lightwulf, 31 October 2018 - 01:29 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ZC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users