Triggering an Item from Another Screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

Is there any way to make an item appear on a separate screen by triggering secrets on different screen?

#2 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:04 PM

Well, you can use Screen State Carryover to have the secrets get triggered on the item screen, which can make a chest appear, or can remove some solid object covering up the item.

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

That will work, but it's worth noting that secrets won't stay permanent on NES Dungeon d-maps; they reset when you leave the screen, iirc.

#4 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:00 PM

Well, you can use Screen State Carryover to have the secrets get triggered on the item screen, which can make a chest appear, or can remove some solid object covering up the item.

Thanks, I have a problem though. If I place a combo where the item is, the item appears over the combo. If I place it on an overhead layer you can't see the item, but you can grab it.

#5 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:17 PM

I can't recall if there is a screen flag for "Secrets -> Item". If there isn't, then you'll have to use both the solid object on the ground layer and the overhead layer to cover it up.

OR, if you just use a treasure chest combo instead of the loose item, you can avoid the issue entirely.

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:27 PM

Yeah, RSCs have a flag for items, and special items. They also have flags for regular secrets, chests, and locked chests.

If you want a combo to obscure the item, you'll need to use a solid combo on layer 0, and an overhead combo. Just give them both the same inherent secret flag so they can be changed/ removed by the screen secret.

#7 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:46 PM

Thanks guys, I got it working. 

• Anthus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users