legend of zelda the wind waker wii u hd e3

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Ice Cream Link

Ice Cream Link

Ascendant

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

So... TLOZ: The Wind Waker has been announced for Wii U. Let's discuss!  :bounce:

http://www.youtube.c...kVt1s_ZFbw&hd=1

(Note: I apologize if there is already a topic on this, I looked for a while and never found it. Anyways enjoy discussing~)

#2 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:58 AM

Most discussions took place in the e3 2013 thread and I think one of the Nintendo Direct threads, so don't expect too much activity on the subject as we've all already mostly discussed it.

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

Wind Waker is really an amazing game and the graphics are very special. I wonder if there will actually be new content for WW:WU. Like a boss mode or a master quest after the 2nd playthrough.

#4 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:14 AM

Announced changes: 

• Proper lighting effects.
  • Changes to the Tingle Tuner.
  • Halfway through the game, sailing becomes faster with a touch of a button.
  • Improved Triforce Hunting sequence.

But yeah. The lighting effects make it look nice, I don't think they'll be touching the graphics; but it appears they redone the sky.

Edited by Shane, 24 July 2013 - 01:15 AM.

#5 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:07 AM

Also the song that changes the wind direction will not be repeated after you successfully play it, allowing you to more immediately control the direction of the wind. Hopefully this change carries over to the Command Melody. My friend confirmed this change when he visited PAX (Australia).

Edited by franpa, 24 July 2013 - 03:08 AM.

#6 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:36 AM

So it now includes Hero Mode that is available right away and can be toggled on/off on the Load Game menu so you can toggle it off if you reach a tough part and presumably re-enable it once past the tough part. Hero Mode means no hearts will drop from enemies, grass, bushes, pots etc. and the only way to heal is via Potions. Enemies will also deal double damage to you!

Triforce hunt/quest was changed: 5 Triforce charts were replaced with a Triforce Shard while 3 Triforce Shards still require a Triforce Chart to find.

First Person Perspective mode was upgraded to allow you to aim weapons with the motion controls in the Wii U Controller like you do in Nintendoland, this is optional as you can still use the analog stick to aim if desired. You can now also walk while in FPS mode.

Gamepad allows faster changing of inventory items without having to pause the game (Pretty much the same as how it works in Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS).

The faster Boat Sail is completely optional and the game doesn't go out of its way to direct you to find it.

And finally, Off TV Game Play: Can play the game entirely on the gamepad.

Edited by franpa, 23 August 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#7 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

I am not sure about the imrpoved triforce hunting, because it WAS already improved. The triforce hunting in the japan version is even worse (likw triforce charts leading to triforce charts).

#8 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

So.

http://gengame.net/2...e-september-20/

Article summary:

- The Wind Waker HD will launch digitally on the eShop September 20th, while the physical copy still goes on sale October 4th. ... odd, but okay.

- The Wind Waker HD bundle will include a code for a digital download, not a physical copy.

- The Wii U price cut means this bundle will only be $300.

- The bundle also includes a code for a digital copy of Hyrule Historia, but not sure if this is something optimized for the GamePad or if it's like a PDF file or something.

- The GamePad is sexy.

I'm pretty sold on the bundle. You can call me crazy but this is I think a pretty good deal, and that GamePad looks awesome. I'll be getting this, then I can prepare for those other Wii U games that are coming out soon. Thank you, Nintendo.

#9 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

I'm down for this:

Spoiler

• The Satellite likes this

#10 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

I'd love that too, if I weren't getting the bundle. Unless of course I went for it anyway then sold the unopened game back at full price somewhere. :heh:

#11 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

I was thinking of getting a Wii U for Christmas, and if they're selling a deluxe Wii U with Wind Waker HD for lower than the current price with no games (besides Nintendo Land), consider me sold!

#12 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

http://www.zeldadung...ker-hd-bundles/

I'm kinda sad now.

#13 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

Here's a Standard Definition vs. High Definition comparison video (in Japanese): 

The light bloom is a bit much and the edges on some character models could stand to be smoothed out a bit, but otherwise, looking gorgeous.

#14 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

I love it. It looks more beautiful, even if the lighting does look kind of fake, the graphics aren't meant to be close to being realistic right?

I might not get it upon release, but I might get it eventually.

#15 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

I still dislike the amount of Bloom, but the new lighting engine is pretty awesome and allows for much better looking shadows. The overall increased resolution of most textures is also very awesome (No longer need to use Dolphin emulator to achieve similar texture improvements! [So long as you have an uber computer]).

Edited by franpa, 05 September 2013 - 07:09 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: legend of zelda, the wind waker, wii u, hd, e3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users