Is there a way to make Ganon visible?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 zcfan27330

zcfan27330

Junior

• Members

Posted 04 April 2019 - 01:04 AM

You know he's invisible until you hit him then shows up for a second and goes back to being invisible. That is until you are ready to fire the silver arrow.

Is there a way to make him visible during the first part of the battle, or does it need el scripto

#2 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:06 AM

I don't know how it works in 2.53.0, but I think Ganon is one of the really hardcoded enemies, i.e. it's pretty much impossible to change him, except maybe how many hits he takes.

• Lightwulf likes this

#3 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:50 AM

Agreed.  You'd have to make your own 2x2 enemy with Ganon sprites in order to have a visible version of him to battle.

#4 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:31 PM

I think Moosh made some sort of scripted version of Zelda 1 Ganon.

#5 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 05 April 2019 - 04:25 PM

Probably will be possible in the near future: In 2.55 I coded this feature, then I reverted it, because it introduced a different issue, but I can probably re-write it to work.

I was trying to do too much at one time, including allowing the questmaker to set what items kill Ganon, and set his defences against normal damage. All of that got in the way of setting his visibility state.

Even with scripts, this isn't easy, because as I recall, npc->Tile returns invalid datsa if the enemy is invisible.

I could probably change Ganon so that he is always visible, but drawn offscreen, easily, in any version. That would still require a script to change, but it'd be a one-line command. The 2.55 feature is an enemy editor flag.
  • ShadowTiger and Lightwulf like this

#6 ModernLink

ModernLink

• Members

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:12 AM

it is possible you need a little script attaching graphics to the ganon enemy

#7 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:31 PM

it is possible you need a little script attaching graphics to the ganon enemy

That's actually a hilariously simple yet brilliant approach. Basically the equivalent of throwing paint on an invisible man. :P It works. ;)

• ShadowTiger and Lightwulf like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users