54 replies to this topic

#1 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

Bottomless Pits & Lava

Description

This script adds Pit and Lava functionally to the quest.

Screenshots and Demo

None.

Code

Script

Setup

1. Find or add a sprite and sound effect each for falling in pits and drowning in lava.
2. Change type of all Pits and Lava to "No Ground Enemies" and make them fully walkable.
3. Edit the constants to be compatible with your other quest. Do NOT change the value of CT_HOLELAVA!
4. For inherent flags add CF_PIT to the pit combos, and CF_LAVA to the the lava combos.
5. Combine the global script with your others if any.
6. The ffc script is only needed for screens that require the following functionality.

D0: Activates the sidewarp specified, A,B,C & D are 1 through 4 respectfully.
D1: Whether or not to move link to the position of the ffc when he falls or drowns. 0 false, 1 true.
D2: If this is set, the amount specified is the damage that will be inflicted on Link instead of the constant HOLELAVA_DAMAGE.

Resources

Requires std.zh and ffcscript.zh

#2 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Found some bugs.

With diagonal movement enabled if you go between two screens back and forth on the edge of a pit.... well... just look for yourself :P

http://youtu.be/yURMPExfFes

#3 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

Try removing the two Link->Action != LA_SCROLLING operands aswell as there respective operator to the left XOR right.

#4 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

That didn't appear to work. I can still get stuck invisible and can now scroll screens when infinitely falling (but still sadly cannot pull myself to solid ground).

Part of me thinks I'm doing it wrong. >_>

#5 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

Fixed, I didn't fix it though. Thank Saffith for his help. :D
  • Evan20000 likes this

#6 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

Fix appears to work. Nice job, Saffith. ^^

#7 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

I can't seem to get this to work. I'm sure I'm doing something really stupid ... I thought I was combining scripts incorrectly, so I started with a blank slate and imported this only. I set it up in the active global script slot, set up the warp combos (auto side warp, right?), and made a combo with type of no ground enemies and flag 98. I walk right over it with no effect. What am I missing?

#8 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Did you do this with a fresh file? The script is dependant on some things that you put in your global script that are only generated upon creating a new file.

#9 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Yes. I started a new quest file, imported only this script, set everything up, and started a new save file.

Here's a weird mystery that may be related, though. Whenever I start a new quest file, there are copies of my FFC scripts from my previous quest file. I have no idea why it would be doing this, I haven't added anything to the file except the pit script, which hasn't been modified. But I start a new quest file, immediately place a FFC, and it lists scripts. They don't seem to actually be there or do anything, but the names are visible. Could it somehow be retaining global script data as well that interferes with this?

Edit: If this gets much more complicated, I'll start another thread, but I was hoping there was something obvious I was missing in the setup process.

Edited by Aevin, 26 April 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#10 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Never heard of that happening before. You probably forgot to recompile it.

#11 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

Actually, I figured that thing out ... AVG and ZScript do not get along. After disabling it completely, the new files have blank script slots as they should. However, I still can't get this to work ...

#12 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Check allegro log for errors.

#13 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

No errors there. All I've done is imported std, string, ffcscript, and a .z file with the entire body of your code above. It compiles fine. I set up four transparent autowarps ABCD right in a row, then made a no ground enemies combo set with flag 98. I haven't touched any of the constants, since I put my autowarps starting at the default. I haven't messed with the animations or sounds, so it'd look funny if I could get it to work, but I'm getting nothing at all. Oh, and I assigned the scripts, of course.

Edited by Aevin, 26 April 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#14 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

It won't work if you don't set the animation... :P

#15 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

But the animations aren't BLANK, they're just not set to what I'd use. They should display something ... But it's not even getting that far. I just walk over the pit combo. No falling, no damage, no sound effect, nothing. It's like I'm just walking over plain ground ... *sigh* Oh well, I'm sure it's something stupid I'm doing, and I should stop bothering you with it. Thanks for trying to help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Global, FFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users