Photo

Screenshot of the Week 205

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 205 (71 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite Screen!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:40 PM

I find it odd how no one likes this palette of mine. Its basically one of my favorite palettes I have ever made. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion though.

#32 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE(/M/ @ Apr 7 2008, 06:32 PM) View Post

Has the definition of great screen design been tweaked, in these forums? Ebola's shot blows away every shot in this SoTW in screen design AND graphics. I haven't seen such good use of a tileset in SoTW since Nuvo's submissions. But thats to be expected, Ebola's screens always have a great screen design. And how do the corners look.. "dumb" in this screen? Its actually quite a smart idea not to cover the corners in this situation, and it isn't necessary whatsoever.Good job on this, Ebola. icon_wink.gif

Oh... I'm getting mildy annoyed here icon_razz.gif
I mean, design, as in how the screen would work in gameplay.
I.. and I mean I don't think it's a very good screen when looking at design... But sure, this screen is CLEARLY the best one this week... I just don't think it's a very good designed screen... But a very good looking screen though.

#33 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:53 AM

Ebola. Colors, design, graphics, atmosphere.

#34 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:35 PM

I pick Ebola for the win. Definitely SotW Material

#35 link1996

link1996

• Members

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Apr 7 2008, 09:40 PM) View Post

True, true, old chum. No hard feelings.

But still... c'mon, just cause it doesn't use DoR Graphics doesn't mean it isn't good, it's just that DoR is so overuesed now that people are beginning to dislike it.

Ya, you're right. by the way... did NoeL make a tileset? I thought that I read it in one of the posts. icon_confused.gif

oh, and sorry about overreacting. icon_cry.gif

#36 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Apr 8 2008, 01:21 AM) View Post

Oh... I'm getting mildy annoyed here icon_razz.gif
I mean, design, as in how the screen would work in gameplay.
I.. and I mean I don't think it's a very good screen when looking at design... But sure, this screen is CLEARLY the best one this week... I just don't think it's a very good designed screen... But a very good looking screen though.

But have you forgotten that this is "Screenshot of the Week"? Your entry doesn't need to be playable, or taken from a quest, so how it would work "in gameplay" doesn't matter.

#37 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:06 PM

Ebola's is the best, definitely. Migo's makes a close second. Then CastChaos's as third.

#38 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE(/M/ @ Apr 12 2008, 09:39 AM) View Post

But have you forgotten that this is "Screenshot of the Week"? Your entry doesn't need to be playable, or taken from a quest, so how it would work "in gameplay" doesn't matter.

Hmm... Yeah... You're right... So with that, I give up icon_razz.gif
But I STILL don't think it's a good designed screen... But it looks totally awesome though... icon_razz.gif

#39 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(Evile @ Apr 7 2008, 10:40 PM) View Post

I find it odd how no one likes this palette of mine. Its basically one of my favorite palettes I have ever made. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion though.

I like it, Evile. I voted for you. I liked Migo's and Ebola's, but though they were pretty, yours and Migo's had a simple construction, so I chose the one I liked more, which was yours, for the palette and the layout of those trees.

I didn't prefer Ebola's because it's that complex. I prefer the simpler stuff, or the simple made complex. Plus, he used NoeL's mountains, and I don't like em. icon_razz.gif

#40 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:06 PM

The winner for this week's SotW is Ebola! Congrats! icon_razz.gif

SotW 206 will start later today.

#41 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:24 PM

Darn you, Shoelace, for ending it early! If you had left it open till the normal time, I could've had an upset victory! icon_evil.gif

J/k. Congratulations, Ebola. /M/'s doing today's, I assume... see you all in 5 years when it gets posted. icon_smile.gif J/k again, of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users