What did you accomplish in ZC today?

• Please log in to reply
4954 replies to this topic

#4276 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:10 AM

I fixed a packfile train wreck from the combo editor improvements, that was the result of adding support code for V_COMBOS == 10, with V_COMBOS set to 9; and I added a requested feature to the Item Editor:

item_editor_counter_cost.png

item_editor_counter_cost-2.png

item_editor_custom_counters.png

I replaced the old 'Magic Cost' field, with 'Cost', and now the counter that it uses is something that you may select via a pull-down list. I removed the flag 'Use Rupees instead of Magic', as it has been deprecated by this feature.

Older quests will automatically set Magic or Rupees to the counter pull-down, and should all run as normal in ZC.W

While I was in there, I added all of the 'Script' counters to the pull-down lists, as 'Custom 1' through 'Custom 25'; and I ensured that the 'Pickup' tab allows modifying these counters, too (e.g. 'Increase').

The ZScript interface variables to access these are itemdata->Cost and itemdata->CostCounter.

• judasrising, Mitsukara, strike and 2 others like this

#4277 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:11 PM

Oh my, I can at last post about something that is not entirely based in the ZC source!

I spent several hours today, refactoring and rewriting my ZScript text parser engine: This time, I rewrote the user-text input buffer.

This means that I am one giant-step closer to a text-adventure engine, and eventually, something similar to a Wizardry--raycaster planned--quest.

Essentially, Famicom 'Wizardry' graphics, with a text-command, Apple ][ style interface.
  • Mitsukara and KingPridenia like this

#4278 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:17 PM

subscreen.png

Way to many items and more to come...........

• Twilight Knight, Eddy, Jared and 3 others like this

#4279 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:39 PM

With the overworld done on my quest, I began working on each area's interiors. It's a boring process, I tell you. :x

• judasrising, Shane and KingPridenia like this

#4280 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:15 PM

Way to many items and more to come...........

That reminds me, I need to script a shovel for LWeapons.zh...

• judasrising likes this

#4281 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:18 PM

That reminds me, I need to script a shovel for LWeapons.zh...

Let me know when you done it  :bounce: then i use that instead the code i have for the shovel.....

• ywkls likes this

#4282 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:42 PM

Zoria, that feature is so good! The counter. In the past I have felt very limited by not being able to have items drain certain resources. What build is that or when can I get it?

-Strike

#4283 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:33 PM

Over the course of the past week, I've finished three new areas and scripted a bunch of new enemies, including two new bosses. I'm hoping to keep this momentum going so I can release fairly soon.

• Shane, Eddy, KingPridenia and 1 other like this

#4284 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:15 PM

and now the counter that it uses is something that you may select via a pull-down list.

Does that include all counters in the game, such as HP and Script Counters? That sounds really cool. I wonder if more non-scripted quests might take advantage of that, as it gives the Script Counters a script-free utility (besides for like, string control code stuff).

As for me.... no promises on this resulting in an actual game, but today I edited/imported/set up these tiles:

Uf06MHi.png

Also, these are more a past-few-days kind thing but I've been gradually working on player, monster, and NPC sprites for it. Some of those are new today. (Note: wrong csets on some of this, I just did one screenshot per page.)

Spoiler

Edited by Mitsukara, 25 December 2017 - 07:19 PM.

• Shane, Eddy, KingPridenia and 3 others like this

#4285 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:15 AM

Zoria, that feature is so good! The counter. In the past I have felt very limited by not being able to have items drain certain resources. What build is that or when can I get it?

-Strike

Zelda Classic v2.54, Alpha 21

Changelog

#4286 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:07 AM

Made some... decent GB Style walking sprites for Ganondorf based on his Oracle artwork.

#4287 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:18 AM

Finished off the visual part of level 1.

Gotta make an Icarus and Pandora sprite. As well as the final boss fight and set up a couple warps though.
  • Anthus likes this

#4288 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:59 AM

Finished off the visual part of level 1.

Gotta make an Icarus and Pandora sprite. As well as the final boss fight and set up a couple warps though.

I'm looking forward to this Prometheus quest. :) From what you've shown me, and from what I've heard here it sounds pretty fun.

#4289 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:17 AM

I'm looking forward to this Prometheus quest. :) From what you've shown me, and from what I've heard here it sounds pretty fun.

I feel like it should be pretty good. As long as my custom janky graphics don't mess it up too much. xD
  • Anthus likes this

#4290 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

I don't usually post actual stuff I did, but this time, I will.

I've had three projects that have been going on for way too long. One is a huge Classic quest with a 16x16 OW which has been in on and off development since about 2010. The other is/ was Link's Hangover, which is now a graphics test basically, and the third was a metroidvania styled, stage based quest, that I have officially abandoned cause I didn't like the direction it was going, and I ended up needing a lot of small scripts to make things work.

So what did I do today? I finished outlining a project. A small project that will stay small, no matter what. I would like to think I've learned I've been too ambitious in the past. Having one guy like me make 256 overworld screens, and about 500 or so more dungeons screens, and make sure it's all fun to play is.. a big task to say the least. :P

So what will this new quest be like? It's going to be small as I mentioned before. It will have two, 8x10 overworlds. Initially, I was thinking of using day/ night cycles for the different maps, but I think the OoA time travel approach is more fitting (but my world will be smaller than Labrynna, and not nearly as confusing). The simple story is done, and what few scenes there are are planned. The story, and progressions (including items, and gates) is planned. Along with the two OWs, the quest will feature 6 full dungeons, and 4 smaller sub-areas that are kind of like dungeons, but not really (think Ice Cavern, or Bottom of the Well in OoT). The progression is linear, but not completely. Like, you can't do any dungeon anytime, but you will usually have a choice of two dungeons/ areas to do at a time.

I won't make a project page yet, I want to wait till I actually have some stuff to show, instead of just plans, and words. That's what this thread is for. :D

• Mitsukara, Shane and Eddy like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users