How to Convert from 2.55 to 2.50.2?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:36 PM

How to Convert from 2.55 to 2.50.2? How would you make a 2.55 quest file to be able to be read in 2.50.2? Getting rid anything that is need is fine. Thanks!

#2 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:38 PM

You don't need to. Unlike 2.50 where if you made a quest in an alpha it often wouldn't be playable in later ZC releases, ZoriaRPG has promised if you make a quest in a 2.55 alpha it will be playable in 2.55 final whenever it releases.

#3 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:40 PM

You don't need to. Unlike 2.50 where if you made a quest in an alpha it often wouldn't be playable in later ZC releases, ZoriaRPG has promised if you make a quest in a 2.55 alpha it will be playable in 2.55 final whenever it releases.

I am asking if a quest was made it 2.55, what would you have to do to make it be read in a easier quest version like 2.50.2?

#4 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:51 PM

Remake the entire quest.

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:24 AM

I honestly haven't tried this so I'm not sure if it would have any effect, but can everything be exported individually from the quest via the File -> Export menu, then reimported in a new quest file in 2.50.2?

#6 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:57 AM

I honestly haven't tried this so I'm not sure if it would have any effect, but can everything be exported individually from the quest via the File -> Export menu, then reimported in a new quest file in 2.50.2?

If I remember correctly it turns out as a mess.

But yeah people there is no going back in versions once you saved your quest in them. It's how this works.

Edited by Avaro, 02 September 2019 - 10:58 AM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#7 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:23 PM

Official dev answer: You do not. Once a quest file has been saved, it cannot then be loaded in a prior version of the program.

Back up your quest before updating to alpha versions. Updating is one-way.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#8 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:25 PM

Official dev answer: You do not. Once a quest file has been saved, it cannot then be loaded in a prior version of the program.

Back up your quest before updating to alpha versions. Updating is one-way.

What about exporting maps to a previous version?

#9 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:37 PM

I thought that exporting/importing maps would be a tedious-but-somewhat-faster way to backport a project from 2.55 to 2.53 than rebuilding them from scratch, but it looks like 2.55 map exports actually do get garbled when imported to 2.53.

But at least if I ever wanted to place a green arrival square at 0,27 now I know how!

#10 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:54 PM

I thought that exporting/importing maps would be a tedious-but-somewhat-faster way to backport a project from 2.55 to 2.53 than rebuilding them from scratch, but it looks like 2.55 map exports actually do get garbled when imported to 2.53.

But at least if I ever wanted to place a green arrival square at 0,27 now I know how!

2.55 adds new data to maps. And items. And a lot of stuff. Because of this, the qst save/load (and thus things like export/import as well) CHANGE, to accomodate the new data. The new version knows how to load quests from older versions, because we teach it how. But, an old ZC version cannot know about the changes that weren't out yet, so it won't be able to read the new format.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#11 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 02 September 2019 - 03:24 PM

Alright! Thanks! Good to know!

#12 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 September 2019 - 05:36 AM

I removed the export option when DarkDragon questioned its long-term sustainability. I may redact that change in 2.55-beta, but there is no guarantee that the output is in any way a fully-usable quest.

Any elements that are introduced a new features (vers > 2.53.0) would be stripped out of the exported file, so its usability depends entirely on how many new features you used in a quest.

It's equally possible to export for 2.10.x. with the same consequences. If I reimplement 2.50.x export, I may also add 2.10.x export, just for grins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users