Photo

The Satellite Streaming

Stream

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#286 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:10 PM

On a whim I did something I haven't done in ages: Locally recorded a video for YouTube. It's more Randomizer, an Easy Mode Triforce Hunt. I really wanted to try one out but didn't feel like a longer stream, and also didn't think this one would take very long. Turns out it was a really terrible seed. Still, much less time than I target streams for so it works out anyway. I'll do more of these on stream sometime, but for my first one, it's a present for YouTube. It was kind of interesting, readjusting to solo commentary. Did I do well? Judge for yourself! I mean if you want, no pressure.

#287 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:44 AM

I guess Halloween-themed streams didn't happen. Oops. Eh, no loss.

However, I just realized the next seed is #100. And that means Hard Mode. I decided a little while ago that, for the 100th seed, I'd do a Hard Mode run. So look forward to that... sometime. Gonna have to time it right. Hopefully won't take too long to plan but I will need to set aside enough time, I dunno how bad this is gonna hurt me. What are the stipulations of Hard Mode? Well...

- Arrow and bomb capacity upgrades are gone

- No red tunic, no golden sword, no mirror shield

- No boomerangs

- No half-magic

- There are only eight total heart containers available

- Fewer arrow, bomb, and rupee drops (not sure if this is in chests or in general)

- Magic Cape and Cane of Byrna take up twice as much magic except while in Spike Cave

- Powder does not turn antifairies into fairies

- Bug net does not catch fairies

- Only two bottles

- Potions only restore five hearts and half of your magic

So... yeah. Most of this is fine, but it's probably the low heart container count that will get to me the most. This is gonna be a "fun" ride... 

#288 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

What replaces the missing stuff in chests? Rupees?

I always thought the hardest part was the frustration at getting arrow and bomb upgrades, won't this make that part easier?  ;)

Edited by Cukeman, 03 November 2017 - 01:54 PM.

#289 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:03 PM

They're just empty chests, I believe.

• Cukeman likes this

#290 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:22 PM

The lower bomb/ arrow drops sounds really frustrating actually. Everything else sounds doable to some degree. Good luck.

#291 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:11 PM

I'll be doing that Hard Mode seed tonight in about two hours, 8PM EST. There are storms projected in the area but I'll power through regardless, local record it too just in case of frame drop issues. If the stream ends up dying, I'll finish it offline and upload it to YouTube; I want to get this over with even if the internet doesn't want me to. :P

Tomorrow night, late night, 11PM EST I believe or thereabouts, the long MIA Sydarial will be joining me on a keysanity run. What's keysanity? Well, now the keys are in the item pool and can be found outside of their dungeons! Yes, this sounds awful. Two days in a row of bad ideas. But I'm still curious enough to try it, maybe one more solo at a future date.

Pray for me.

#292 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:49 AM

Released a new seed I did offline yesterday for fun, messing around with the custom feature in the latest update. It was recorded before last night's Keysanity race, so it's seed 101. It's canon. I uploaded earlier, meant to post it here as well, but here you go:

https://www.youtube....h?v=UHJMEWh2bmo

#293 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:10 PM

I've been chasing the goal of a sub-hour time in Triforce Hunt for months. Getting close, only to lose it because of piece distribution happened many times, but I was never discouraged. Not even by the seeds that were so bad that they lasted upwards of an hour-and-a-half. Or that awful hour-and-forty-six-minute seed.

But today, it was attained:

S_U_B_H_O_U_R.png

It's an amazing feeling. Proof of my dedication and determination to not let this program beat me. It hasn't, and I stand victorious. Kind of overdramatic, but damn does it feel nice to tackle this obstacle and remove it. I haven't felt this satisfied in quite some time, probably since I finished the rough draft of my book.

As for what's next? I want to go back to standard seeds, as well as other little gimmick seeds now and then. Triforce Hunt is shelved for the foreseeable future, though it could still return now and then for fun. But it's time to move on, and throw some variety back into the stream.

#294 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:13 PM

...sub-hour..

Congrats! Too bad I missed it. Will check it out

• The Satellite likes this

#295 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

Meant to update this thread back when I uploaded it, but uh...

After this stream is completed, though, I think what I'll do is at some point stream the star world and special world levels of Super Mario World, and consider that series finally completed. Then, after that, I'm gonna stream Super Mario Land 2. That one will be mostly blind, since I've only played a little bit before, a long time ago. So that should be fun, and new, since I haven't played it before. Hope to see you there when that happens. :)

Next time I stream will likely be the Star Worlds and Special World in Super Mario World, then I'll start the Super Mario Land 2 stream some time after that.

Actually, my goal is to shoot for streaming Super Mario World and doing both the Star Road levels and the special stages, then after that, stream Super Mario Land 2 blind. Mostly blind, since I've played the first couple of levels in the past, but it's been so long that I forget how they go.

That said, I will be streaming in about half an hour, 10PM EST, and I will be playing BS Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets for the first time. Yes, this will be my very first blind stream. I know I wanted to do that with Super Mario Land 2, but I guess the ALttP2 craze made me want to play something new and related to ALttP, so this works. SML2 might still happen, but that will be in the future.

YES CORRECT FAR IN THE FUTURE INDEED but I finally kept this goddamn promise and I present to you a blind run of Super Mario Land 2:

Finally.

Also I'm doing something tomorrow. J1h7HAl.png

#296 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

Gonna continue the YuuRand tomorrow. It's a less painful experience so far than I expected it to be, having never played Hitodama or Yuurei, although obviously some things are going over my head and that's partially why I brought Russ and Aevin on board to help steer me straight when I'm too lost.

#297 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:50 AM

I announced this well ahead of time in my Discord but announcing it here a little closer to the actual event, but next month on my Twitch channel is Castlemania! To celebrate the month of October, all month long will be me playing through all the Classicvania titles on NES, SNES, Game Boy, and Genesis, then capping it off with a run of Symphony of the Night at the very end. Dates are tentative but I'm going to try to shoot for streaming every Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday evening, for a couple hours each. Games list is currently as follows:

- Castlevania (NES)
- Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
- Castlevania III: Dracula's Quest (NES)
- Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
- Castlevania: The Adventure (GB)
- Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (GB)
- Castlevania Legends (GB)
- Castlevania: Bloodlines (Genesis)
- Castlevania: Dracula X (SNES)
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSX)

If I stream every single one of those days that month, I'll have seventeen days to stream ten games. I don't know how many will require multiple streams, though ideally only Symphony of the Night will. If all goes well, I may expand the list with Castlevania Chronicles on PS1 and Kid Dracula on Game Boy as bonuses, but I make no promises.

This will be fun because I've never played any of the Game Boy games, so those will be blind to me. I've also not beaten Castlevania 2 nor Bloodlines legitimately, using a hack that streamlines the experience a bit along with a map in the former's case, and using save states in the latter's case to simulate having unlimited continues because why the hell is this the only Castlevania game with the stupid design decision to have limited continues instead of unlimited like all the rest?!?! THIS ISN'T A QUARTER-MUNCHING ARCADE GAME!!!!

... anyway, look forward to it beginning Wednesday, October 3rd, sometime in the evening!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users