Spoiler

Regarding your second...

Spoiler

#32 chocobothief12

chocobothief12

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:36 PM

I got stuck at the top left corner of marui palace. dont know how to img code though so http://imgur.com/a/h7TiJis all i can do. F6 didnt get me out but using the wind song allowed me to clip back in bounds from the screen to the left of the entrance.

#33 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:56 AM

How did you get there? Also, Img code is

[img] (image) [/img]

#34 chocobothief12

chocobothief12

Junior

• Members

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:02 AM

How did you get there? Also, Img code is

[img] (image) [/img]

i was trying to figure out how to properly split link and zelda up for the key thats in the screen diagonal to the entrance. at first i was using both to clip and push a somaria block onto the switch at the entrance, so once i went back into the room with a solo character, i thought i was stuck and F6ed to reset and bring them back together.

#35 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:11 AM

What the...?? I'm trying to think of what could even cause that glitch; F6 shouldn't send you to that screen under any circumstances. It's not checked as a "continue here" screen, there's no "Entrance/Exit" warp to that screen, and the dmap continue screen is the entrance screen, one to the south of there. As far as I'm aware of, the game should have no way to get that screen set as it's continue screen. Whistle winds shouldn't change the continue point either, and separating the characters doesn't cause any warping to occur, so that shouldn't have anything to do with it either... I don't get it.

at first i was using both to clip and push a somaria block onto the switch at the entrance,

I'm not sure what you mean about clipping? As far as intended solutions...

Spoiler

but using the wind song allowed me to clip back in bounds from the screen to the left of the entrance.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean here either. You're saying you got down from that top-left corner, into a room to the southwest of it, by using the Wind's Whistle song??

Could you answer the following questions?:

• What ZC version are you using? (If you're not sure, can you tell me where you downloaded it and approximately when?)
  • How did you first enter the dungeon?

So far I haven't managed to reproduce these glitches at all. Mostly it sounds like your continue screen broke, but I can't think of any reason why that would occur.

Edited by Mitsukara, 29 December 2016 - 08:13 AM.

#36 chocobothief12

chocobothief12

Junior

• Members

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:24 AM

if i recall, i think my version is 2.50.2

The dungeon was the last i needed to complete to have all the crystals.

as far as everything that happened and what i was thinking:

I didnt think at all to use the ladder to activate the switches so what i did was seperate the characters and push a somaria block onto the switch ledge. i would then push the character with the bracelet which nudged them far enough to the point where they slightly clipped into the space and switching to them was just enough to get the somaria block to activate the switch. I later found out that a somaria block could also still activate the switch by pushing it upwards from the bottom left corner of the statue,

for how I got out with the whistle, I tried it multiple times, and it would at first just act as an F6. I had access to the room on the left from the OOB area and i dont remember exactly where i was standing at the time, but instead of warping me out, the whistle tornado blew me downwards into an area where the wall caught the characters and canceled the reset which was close enough to move into the entrance screen and out of the wall.

oh also, it wasnt the first time that I F6ed in the dungeon due to that key puzzle. this all happened on maybe the 5th or 6th try

Edited by chocobothief12, 29 December 2016 - 08:27 AM.

#37 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:52 AM

I'm at work at the moment and it's slow, so I have a moment to post it, though I can't post screenshots or anything due to not being home.

I'm encountering the strangest walkability glitch. I downloaded the quest last night, a long with it musical support pack. I have "Dungeon Shortcuts" enabled, but that's about it.

The mountain-maze to the upper-right of the starting location is fully walkable. All of the Z2 Mountain Tiles are fully walkable! I can walk all over the maze without having to navigate through it or jump over any pits or solve any puzzles. It's bizarre. And yet, if I look at it in ZQuest, they're fully solid and shouldn't be walkable. How strange.

The other walkability glitch is when it comes to rooms in dungeons that have an overhead structure, like the room in the first dungeon (Where you get the Shovel.) a room to the upper-left of the starting room where three Zols spawn. There are "brick" tiles near the doors of the room that you can't walk through/across that should be walkable, or maybe jumpable? I don't know what's going on there.

There was another odd little glitch I found, though it's more of an exploit. In the seashell house with the bar that rises with each new seashell that you find, (To the east of the starting location.) if you're standing near the two pillars in the middle of the room, switching between Link and Zelda (I think it was that key.) actually gives you a certain amount of XP points, and you can keep pressing the button over and over and over again as fast as you'd like to get more and more XP points.

I doubt anyone can reproduce this, though. I feel like somehow, I'm the only one this is happening to. They're pretty darn big bugs to go unmentioned, and I haven't altered the quest in ZQuest at all before playing. I played it in the newest release from a little under a month ago, maybe. I should try it in 2.5.1 RC3. or whatever it's called. I don't even know anymore. x X.

#38 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:37 AM

You can actually fix the walkability by playing in the 2.50.2 release (or maybe some of the very newest betas Zoria has posted in the last couple of days); you must be playing in 2.50.3RC1 or one of the other betas.

The walkability stuff is all one glitch: when 2.50.3RC1 was made, it changed the map number for the ZScript function "Game->SetComboSolid" (because originally, it was off by one from how all the similar functions did it). SetComboSolid is for changing the solidity of all instances of a given tile combo, but it does so by checking a specific combo on a specific map... which I use to change the bridges to be "above" or "under" the player, and later on I also use that command for changing water (when you collect certain items). But because of the change in 2.50.3RC1, it changes combos from the wrong map instead (such as the mountains).

I talked to Zoria and Saffith about it and I think a patch has been added in the most recent versions to prevent this change from messing up quests saved in earlier versions, so future releases should hopefully have backwards compatability for this.

The Seashell Mansion Ex button stuff is a set of debug features I was using in the script for that room, that I forgot to remove before release. If/when I get a new version of the quest up, those will be removed. I may also put a big notice on the description saying not to use 2.50.3RC1 to play the quest, at that time.

Sorry about all the craziness though : (

Regarding chocobothief12's F6 continue bug, on the other hand... I still have no clue what's up with that. I'll post here if I manage to figure it out, though.

Edited by Mitsukara, 29 December 2016 - 11:49 AM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#39 phatjak69

phatjak69

Junior

• Members

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:12 PM

How do I beat the Unira boss in Soejima?  The only thing that seems to work is bombs, but with no visible damage

#40 centraltree

centraltree

green

• Members

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:38 PM

im stuck in miyahon i have boss key compass and map, no wistle and can not get into grey room on map or through boos door (water in way) any ideas.?

thank you

#41 ML1014

ML1014

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:17 PM

What are these N and S blocks? and how does one move them? Looks like there's some that also can be blown up.

#42 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:55 PM

I'm having some trouble with the Infinite Zol.  I've figured out how to stun him, but that's about it.

#43 ML1014

ML1014

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

Question about Marui. There's a room with about 9 goriya and a what looks like a cactus. But there's a barrier in the middle of this room? How does one get to the other side.

#44 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:24 PM

How do I beat the Unira boss in Soejima?  The only thing that seems to work is bombs, but with no visible damage

That boss is actually one of the more clever bosses. Try exploring the dungeon a bit more. You'll find your solution if you search hard enough ;)

im stuck in miyahon i have boss key compass and map, no wistle and can not get into grey room on map or through boos door (water in way) any ideas.?

thank you

You know the room to the left of the boss door room? The room with the lockblock?

Spoiler

What are these N and S blocks? and how does one move them? Looks like there's some that also can be blown up.

You'll get an item for those later.

I'm having some trouble with the Infinite Zol.  I've figured out how to stun him, but that's about it.

You will never be required to kill them, if I recall correctly. If you want to, however, 

Spoiler

Question about Marui. There's a room with about 9 goriya and a what looks like a cactus. But there's a barrier in the middle of this room? How does one get to the other side.

Spoiler

Edited by Dimentio, 29 December 2016 - 06:25 PM.

#45 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:50 PM

I recommend trying Dimentio's subtler hints first before looking under any of the spoiler blocks below, because his hints are much better (figuring things from clues out can be pretty fun, though your mileage may vary). But if you'd still like more specific explanations, here's a few... also, there's a couple things that sound like possible bugs, which I'll describe outside the spoiler blocks.

Bombs shouldn't be having any effect; they're set to block bombs in the editor. I don't know why it looks like they work; that sounds like a bug. : (

As for the solution...
Spoiler

Dimentio's clue covers where you need to go. However...
Spoiler

Spoiler

Blown up? Uh-oh, that shouldn't be the case. Which ones blew up, where exactly?

How to find the item Dimentio referred to...
Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users