Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE(ZC-Ninja @ May 21 2006, 08:38 PM)
icon_eek.gif
How many hours of youre life did you trying this  icon_eek.gif

View Post

...I think I got it on the second or third try. icon_wink.gif With one second to spare. And since the Zelda timer is faster than real life, that's about half a second. It's straightforward, but there's absolutely no room for error.

My original goal was to get the Biggoron's Sword as early as possible after becoming Adult Link, since I tend to use that thing non-stop once I get it, shields be damned. I realized that I would have to go through the sidequest to obtain Epona if I couldn't do it on foot, so I gave it a try. It was a fun challenge. I love doing stuff early and out of order, especially in OoT.

#32 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE(ZC-Ninja @ May 21 2006, 09:30 PM)
I beat Tetris. This isent as much as a achievment as a "Holy ****! You can beat Tetris?"

View Post

I'm still Trying to beat Duck Hunt. The farthest I think I've gotten is Round 25.

#33 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:31 PM

I'm not sure if it's really an achivement, but I managed to instantiate the SSBM Black Hole Glitch (Long Version) with only two people. icon_razz.gif Yes, four controllers. It rocked. My thumbs are still killing me. XD

Holy cow, does that thing slow down the GCN. X x.'

#34 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 07 June 2006 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE(ZC-Ninja @ May 21 2006, 07:30 PM)
I beat Tetris. This isent as much as a achievment as a "Holy ****! You can beat Tetris?"

View Post

Wait a second... "beat" Tetris? Do you mean in B mode? Yes, you can "beat" B mode, as in completing the hardest selectable mode.

...But A mode is a different story. icon_wink.gif A mode never ends, hypothetically speaking. I've heard of someone who has figured out how to control the Tetris system in such a way that allows him to survive all the way up to level 85. icon_eek.gif Obviously, after a certain point, blocks drop pretty much instantaneously, so it has to do with some trick he pulled that allowed him to preposition blocks at the top of the screen.

#35 Rakki

Rakki

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jun 7 2006, 01:55 AM)
...But A mode is a different story. icon_wink.gif A mode never ends, hypothetically speaking. I've heard of someone who has figured out how to control the Tetris system in such a way that allows him to survive all the way up to level 85. icon_eek.gif Obviously, after a certain point, blocks drop pretty much instantaneously, so it has to do with some trick he pulled that allowed him to preposition blocks at the top of the screen.

View Post

Well the score DOES have an upper cap in all the games, probably 999,999,999 in the earlier games and 999,999,999,999 in Tetris DS... So I guess technically you could beat mode A, if you got that much score. Coincidentally, there's a video on Youtube which shows a guy maxing out the score in Tetris 2 for GB. icon_razz.gif

#36 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:59 PM

Not really a big achivement but I beat Ridley on Zero Mission before I beat Kraid.

Also I got the Long, Charge, Ice, Wave, Missle, Bomb, Hi Jump, Screw Attack, Morph Ball (duh), and Power Grip before Kraid without going to Ridley's area on Zero Mission.

Edited by Darkspawn, 19 June 2006 - 08:00 PM.

#37 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jun 6 2006, 11:55 PM)

View Post

Well depends on what version of Tetris it is. I have Tetris for NES and a third party NES (not made by Nintendo) which has a "slow motion" button on the controller. So if he used that he could have just pushed it to slow the game down thus making the highest level extremely slow and of course easy. icon_shrug.gif

#38 soundlyParanoid

soundlyParanoid

History / Lit Geek

• Members

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:12 AM

A mode Tetris on Tetris DS can actually be beaten by clearing 200 lines, which I've done. At about level 17 the blocks dont even fall. They just hit the ground. And after successfuly clearing 200 lines, endless mode is unlocked. My personal record level for endless mode is level 63 on the DS.

I have also managed to complete both the first and second quest in The Legend of Zelda without dying.

And Darkspawn, how exactly did you manage to reach Ridley before defeating Kraid?

#39 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 02 July 2006 - 10:49 PM

Beat FF1 with just one Black Belt. (damn that Ice Cave was tough) Even though he became uber-strong, paralyzing enemies and the instant death enemies were always a problem.

#40 HydraPheetz

HydraPheetz

pwhoar

• Members

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:10 PM

Actually, if you can beat NetHack without the spoilers, I'd like to hear about it.

Even with the spoilers, it's near impossible.

As for achievements, this one might be easy to accomplish, but I beat FF1 (The Dawn of Souls version on GBA) with near level 90 characters. This was done with a fighter, red mage, white mage, and black mage. And red mages are not good at black magic, nor white magic. icon_neutral.gif

#41 randy

randy

Senior

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:09 PM

Marval superheros vs street fighter: Beating cyber-akuma (the most pain in the butt guy I've ever faced)

SMW: Beat the game with only the first castle and bowser's castle being completed as well as only having the yellow and green box switches.

OOT: beating the water temple before the fire temple.

Metzero mission: Beat in 35 min (Lots of skipping around and not grabbing some of the major items)

Mario Kart advance: on ghost valley 1 I was able to lap everyone up to the 3rd place guy using wario.

TMNT: turtles in time (snes version): Beat the hardest mode with out dieing once. (I could never duplicate it again though)

Ninja Gaiden (arcade game; also know as shadow warriors): I beat the game (Lots and lots of tokens were needed though). This game has one of the most infamous cont. screens in the history of video games:

user posted image

#42 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:07 PM

Stepmania
Butterfly AAAA | Sung Suk AAAA

EDIT: .. Oh. The Butterfly was on Challenge mode. Dunno how I did that one. icon_odd.gif Sung Suk was on light, when I was showing someone the list of AAA's I had. I accidentally hit enter on Sung Suk instead of AAA x 3 and started playing it just to get done so I could continue counting my AAA's. I had to subtract one AAA and add one AAAA. icon_heh.gif

*dodges thrown rotten tomatoes*

I deserved that.

#43 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:39 PM

Here are some easy ones that I'm sure eneryone has either heard of, or done.

One, Beat the GBA version of FFI with every character at level 99 (Fighter/ Knight, Red Mage/ Wizard, Monk/ Master, Theif/ Ninja)). It ain't that great though since that game was fairly easy...

I also did the "Beat SMW in 11 minutes" thingy. For those of you unfamiliar with that, it is when you use Star Road to get to Bowser from Donut Land. You must also have atleast the green and yellow switches though.

#44 Guest_Sir_Johnamus (Guest)

Guest_Sir_Johnamus (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:56 PM

1. I beat Tos in 23 hours, only using the masamune when I got it.
2. Beat Abbysion in under an hour on Mania.
3. Got the 100 jump in Paper Mario.

My top 3.

#45 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:55 PM

My newest one tonight... pwned Emerald and Ruby Weapon with Lv75 Cloud alone. (FF7)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users