Scooby Apocalypse

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bigjoe

bigjoe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 04 May 2021 - 09:37 AM

Pretty recently, I ordered the beginnings of a Scooby Apocalypse collection in order to give myself something to do(o).

I went into it pretty blind and willy nilly because Ive always been a fan of Scooby and I don't think anything franchise related would disappoint me.

Does anyone know if its a good comic? I'm trying to keep myself surprised. I may even keep it as a collection and just read it from the kindle version.

#2 FieryBirdyThing

FieryBirdyThing

Junior

• Members

Posted 04 May 2021 - 11:31 AM

I'm assuming this is the one that's part of the 'gritty Hanna-Barbera' comics that DC made some years ago. If so, I honestly don't know how good it is as a comic/story, since the most I've heard about it has just been mickey-taking about the setting and character designs (again, assuming it was indeed that particular comic and not some other modern take on Scooby Doo. That series has had so many redesigns/reboots now that it's hard to keep track).

Edited by FieryBirdyThing, 09 May 2021 - 05:38 AM.

#3 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 04 May 2021 - 12:01 PM

I've only read volume 1 thus far. It is a very gritty and different take on Scooby Doo. I liked it a fair bit even though it's something that will ultimately not catch on with everyone.
There are a few issues I had with it. It feels like there is a lot of dialogue to read at times and some of it feels very expositiony. We see the characters come together to form a team and some of them dont get along well, so there is a lot of bickering and arguing between them which can come across as a bit grating at times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users