Testers needed feedback appreciated

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

yes, but it's in a later dungeon, I didn't want to make it available too early.

EDIT: There will be a few places in each area, most likely, that you'll have to come back to later with better items. (sorry, just realized why you were asking)

EDIT (again) Also, I just now realized, I forgot to nerf the Level 2 bosses' HP when I cut the arrow's power, so you'll need to get the larger quiver before you face them (it didn't occur to me, before, I figured I was just a terrible shot). I recommend getting the raft and Farore's wind before you go to level 2 so you can set a warp point deep in the dungeon and go get the bigger quiver (another option is to go after Farore's wind AFTER you get the bow, then go to the Fire Tribe and get Fire arrows, since they do double damage to forest enemies, but if you do this, you can't get any other magic arrows later on, so you'd have to decide if you think fire is the best element of arrow). I'll have the HP issue fixed with the next release. Actually, it's already fixed, I just figured it could wait, since there's two relatively easy ways to take care of it, anyways

Edited by Lineas, 17 August 2013 - 01:43 PM.

• SyrianBallaS likes this

#17 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

i just got the bow , but where can i find a quiver?

#18 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

In the forbidden forest, the first screen you come into there's a staircase open in the trees, pay the guy 30 rupees for the key, then go kill the rupees that are flying around.

EDIT: Oh, hey, look, a subscreen I missed setting properly. Ok, awesome, two bugs fixed already!.

Edited by Lineas, 17 August 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#19 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

Oh, I found the bug thread? Yay bugs! 

The bomb bag said it had 10 bombs in it. It didn't.

You get stuck on the continue point for the summit.

#20 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

huh, weird. I coulda sworn I fixed the bomb bag issue... how did I miss that on my playthrough?

Oh, well, both issues are fixed. Damn, it's almost to a point where I should just release a bugfix, already, lol.

EDIT: For the record, the bomb bag issue was a mixup in the item bundling script I used (one that I DID fix for the bow, as I recall), it works for MOST situations,but I can't use it for counter items. I switched scripts, so it should work in the next release. Also, thanks for taking the time to play and let me know about bugs, guys :) it really helps, since I seem to miss a lot, somehow.

Edited by Lineas, 17 August 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#21 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Octorocks on lavafalls. Add that to the list.

-Strike

P.S- And just being able to walk around the Fire Gleeok in the Power Test.

Edited by strike, 17 August 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#22 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

xD *facepalm* Well, that's just hilarious. I must've forgotten to make the lavafall tiles unwalkable.

And, yeah, I actually did that on purpose. I just wanted to see how many people would look at it and go "wait a sec,  I can just avoid this idiot"...  Although... maybe that would have been better in the "wisdom" test, instead, I'll have to fix that.

EDIT: Fixed both issues. Waiting to see if there are any major gamebreakers before I release the bugfix

Edited by Lineas, 17 August 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#23 strike

strike

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

Well if the going around the Fire Gleeok isn't a mistake, don't "fix" it. It is kind of funny just walking around it. :lol: And besides, expecting the player to fight one of those things is just ridiculous.

-Strike

P.S- WOAH. Almost forgot a major bug you need to fix. In passage ways you need to block off the sides. Right now you can run off the left or the right and get off the map. Really need to fix that.

Edited by strike, 17 August 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#24 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

little secret: it's not a normal fire gleeok, it's actually just a regular three-headed gleeok with flame breath. less HP. I guess I could be nice and make it a one or two head version, instead, though. Unless you all somehow got the version before I playtested....

P.S- WOAH. Almost forgot a major bug you need to fix. In passage ways you need to block off the sides. Right now you can run off the left or the right and get off the map. Really need to fix that.

wait, in which passageways? the ones in the dungeons ARE blocked off as far as I can tell. Where is this issue?

Edited by Lineas, 17 August 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#25 strike

strike

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

Everywhere. I mean the passageways with items in it. Or the passage way that takes you from one staircase to another. The greyscale rooms with bats and staircases. The top tile is walkable and if you run off the side you can get off the map. This is a common glitch in many games.

-Strike

#26 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

OOOHHH! Hey, you're right. Huh, I wonder why i never noticed that, before. Seems a bit of a stupid design flaw in the built-in screens.

EDIT: Ok, that's fixed, now.

EDIT: Anyone else find it absolutely hilarious that a bug this major made it through at least 4 releases undetected?

Edited by Lineas, 17 August 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#27 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

Ok, I went ahead and set the version with all the fixed bugs into the project database. Unless anyone's got more bugs, I'll start working on level 4 probably tomorrow.

#28 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

I saw this bush

b1_zpsc41eafc0.png

but those stairs does not work

b2_zpse69d591a.png

#29 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

Huh... weird, why was there an FFC on that tile... it was supposed to be activated by din's fire, only.Oh, well, fixed, now (for the record, it's 200 rupees in that room, so nothing too important.)

#30 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hm is the roc`s feather in demo?

I can only go to four rooms in level 3 so maybe i miss some item or i have todo something in level3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users