Photo

Screenshot of the Week 327

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (54 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:33 AM

Lynker
IPB Image
Defending yourself is a hard job. Comes complete with poisonous water!

William
IPB Image
Liam is back and the same as ever! New palette, by the way.

linktopower
IPB Image
A shot from my new game

Bourkification
IPB Image
"Link begins his adventure once more after replenishing his supply of Bombs."

Cukeman
IPB Image
Title Screen for my sequel to Zelda II
(takes place after "RETURN OF GANON")
Limiting myself to the NES palette.

Lithium
IPB Image
Think I can fly
Probably just falling

Christian
IPB Image
Link really is excited to start riding some carts around =)

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:38 AM

Christian is this best this week, so I definitely voted for him.

#3 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:51 AM

Lynker: A decent shot, but it could definitely be improved. First of all, I don't like the two different forest brushes at the bottom, you should just combine them. Also, it seems with most of your screenshots you tend to use as many different ground details as possible. You should stick to one type of bush for this screen, as well as only 2 ground types. I like the overall layout of the screen though, it's very pleasing to the eye.

William: A nice classic shot as always, but it seems a little cluttered at the top left corner. I absolutely love those fence tiles!

linktopower: This shot is very clashy and not pleasant to look at. Maybe tone down the background a bit.

Bourkification: You've done it again! Everything about this shot, from the layout to overall screen design is just excellent! I wouldn't change a thing!

Cukeman: Title screens don't count as good screens in my book, but it DOES look nice.

Lithium: Good to see you're working on this again! At first, I didn't really like the fact that the tree overhang wasn't transparent but now that I look at is some more, it's alright. Ground detail is superb.

Christian: Wow! You never fail to impress me Christian! This is a FANTASTIC dungeon screen. The colors, the layout, and the detail is just perfect. *votes* (Okay, I'm a little biased on this one since it's from MSoC, but whatever. icon_razz.gif)

#4 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:39 AM

William - Absolutely wonderful. But, the fence tiles confuse me. Is the top supposed to be see through? 9/10

LinkToPower - I know I told you to send it in, but, it's just too boring. It just doesn't show off how great the game actually is. I suggest ripping sideview tiles into your game.
I suggest these. 4/10

Bourkification - If this doesn't turn into a quest, I will seriously cry. It's just so beautiful, perfect... 11/10 (My vote)

Cukeman - The tombstone and sword are absolutely beautiful. Great job. 10/10

Lithium - Ooh, another quest that's almost done! Extremely excited. Great work. 9/10

Christian - Sorry to say it, but this is my worst hated screen this week. It's just too cluttered, as some of the minecart tracks have no purpose. I like the pallete, though. 6/10

Edit - BUT! I AM looking forward to MSoC!

Edited by Lynker, 04 July 2011 - 02:52 AM.

#5 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:48 AM

Voted for Lynker this week. It was either him or Cukeman. Cukeman had a unique idea, but Lynker had the better screen and used the unusual poison swamp idea.

#6 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:57 AM

I voted Lynker this week his screenshot looks very good this week
everybody else's very good this week it was hard to chose
---------
my Screenshot kinda makes me want to vomit ewww.. LOL
its looks very ugly..
i should have uploaded a better screen shot.
---edit---
oh and thanks for linking the tiles
lynker
i will definitely using these in my game

Edited by linktopower, 04 July 2011 - 10:06 AM.

#7 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

Lynker: I like it, the only thing nagging me is the placement of the yellow forest brush on the bottom... It would require some additional work, but maybe you could make some tiles that make different coloured brush blend together? That would make it perfect.

William: Great as well, but those pillars look really flat, the fences could use some work too.

Linktopower: It's a bit plain, but I still like it. I suggest maybe some torches to the wall or some other small details, but otherwise I would leave it untouched. I love the idea you're going for though, seems like Link needs to jump from that higher spot to the aquamentus, truly unique.

Bourkification: Lovely graphics, but the design isn't really that special to me. It seems more like a graphical show off, and not a design show off, which I usually favor. Still, the design isn't bad at all, but not as appealing as others.

Cukeman: Perfect titlescreen.

Lithium: The most lovely use of GB tiles. Quite simple, but very effective, and this overhang looks sweet as well.

Christian: Great dungeon screen, but I think it's a bit too cluttered. For example, that bush on the very high elevation (ceiling?) is totally unnecessary, I would remove it.

In the end I vote for..

Lithium.

#8 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:03 AM

Lynker - 7/10
Looks pretty good from a design standpoint. Not my cup of tea when it comes to colors though.

William - 7/10
Another nice classic screen from you.

linktopower - 5/10
There really isn't much there. I'm not against simplicity, but even for a classic screen, it still leaves me wanting something more interesting. I like the rearranged subscreen though. I suppose it is mainly a concept screen. If that is the case, it makes me wonder where else you can go with it.

Bourkification - 9/10
This is awesome down to every element. My favorite for this week, and my vote.

Cukeman - 6/10
I can't see myself voting for a title screen. As simple as this one is though, I like how it gives that old school video game look.

Lithium - 8/10
Very good design. My second favorite of the bunch.

Christian - 7/10
A pretty busy screen that leaves a lot to the imagination, both on and off the screen. I could say it's too crowded, but I won't, considering the functionality of it.

#9 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

Good long one this time. I like!
They all are very good, but here are my opinions on them.

Lynker: Very nice pure shot as usual and a great swamp screen! No real complaints, just that I don't really like purple trees icon_razz.gif
7.5/10

William: Great classic screen as usual. very different from the last few screens you've posted. But the custom tiles are kinda bad.
7/10

Link to power. It's very boring but it's got a good zelda II feel to it. 6/10

Bourky: Great MC shot! I would have voted for you, but if this shot was re-made in any other tileset, it wouldn't be as good. The tileset is the only reason it's great. 8/10

cukeman: nice title screen. no complaints and I'll be waiting for this interesting quest 7/10

Lithium: Very interesting screen! I don't like the palette, but the awesome RPG feel to it saves it big time!
9/10!

Christian:...excuse me, I've got to change my pants now...That's one of the greatest GB shots ever! It's absolutely perfect!
11/10! *Votes*

Great screens guys! This week was sure a great one icon_wink.gif

Edited by Keiichi123, 04 July 2011 - 12:43 PM.

#10 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

I think this is the nicest group of shots I've seen in a Screenshot of the Week icon_smile.gif

Lynker: I really like this shot, especially the palette, although the greens seem slightly
more dark and saturated than the rest. At first I confused the water tiles for a stone path,
but maybe I wouldn't if it was in motion.

William: I like your path tiles.

linktopower: Is that a downward thrust? I don't know what your palette specs are,
but I would like to see the reddish brown in the background a little darker to set it
off from the floor tiles.

Bourkification: Very nice shot, although the bomb sign seems to style-clash a little.

me: Not that it matters, but in the game the sparkle, "press start", and the outline
on the "III" are animated. This screenshot is from the 2nd version, a hefty update
of the 1st version (which can be found in my sig), although only the first area is playable.

Lithium: Very nice screen! It took me a moment to find Link, I thought for a while that you
played as a Stalfos in this game, which is kind of a neat idea.

Christian: This may be just me, but this screen feels cluttered. I don't have any problems
with the functionality though, except that, depending on the cart speed, the center and
right tracks might not give the player time to see what they zipped past.

If I could vote, it would be for Lynker, with Lithium a close second.

Edited by Cukeman, 04 July 2011 - 02:38 PM.

#11 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:13 PM

Bourkification's and Christian's shots were my favorites. All of them were pretty great this week. My vote went to Christian.

Great haul this week, guys!

#12 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

I voted for William because he keeps it old school and original.

#13 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

VERY tough decision this week. I ended up voting for Christian. We hardly see GB shots that have that much activity going on.

#14 Moo2wo

Moo2wo

Yes, you're seeing this.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:45 AM

Nice screens this week! icon_smile.gif

Lynker: Pretty good. I don't like the noisy rain tiles; I'd use something more simple-looking. 6.5/10

William: Nice screen. I'm not a big fan of the fence tiles. I wouldn't make the top so wide, and I'd give them shading so they fit in with the other classic tiles better. 7.5/10

linktopower: It's okay, I guess. I honestly can't tile if it's supposed to be in side-scroller or overhead perspective, which is never a good thing. I'd just use a solid black background instead of what you're doing now. 4/10

Bourkification: Excellent screen. There are two things I'd change, though; first, I'd give the tower a stronger outline so it doesn't stick out so much. Second, I'd edit the bomb sign so to much better with the sprite. 9/10

Cukeman: TBH, I'm not sure how to judge a titlescreen. XD Perhaps you should add in "The Legend of" before "ZELDA". You should also make the gravestone bigger; think about it, a sword (fit for a child, nonetheless) is larger than it. 7.5/10

Lithium: Great GB shot! I don't like the way the overhang only covers the outer edges of it, though. 8/10

Christian: Beautiful. I don't see anything wrong with it, and it has a very neat concept included in it that I have to assume, based on your caption, is fully functional! 9/10

You guys made the choice tough for me. After looking at them for awhile, I think Bourkification's screen beats out Christian's by just a hair.

#15 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

icon_smile.gif

Yes i go for Christian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users