Yuurand: The Fragmented Labyrinth + Contest Announcement

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:12 AM

The "Evasion character" is a hidden character unlocked by taking very little damage through the game. If you don't know who it is, there's no need to worry about it for the contest.

The contest will be on Normal difficulty.

And, yeah ... It's a little strange that there's the Challenge dungeon version of Hitodama areas, as well as the normal versions. I'd like to think the challenge versions are different enough that they provide a unique challenge even if you play the Hitodama map. A few people requested the Hitodama map, and we felt like it allowed for an interesting twist.

• Lordkronos likes this

#17 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:35 AM

Oh Boy, not that it matters but I'm a brazilian and I discovered your series recently and I fell completely in love with it, I did a marathon of Hitodama, Yuurei and Yuurand. Right now I'm about to test this new update for the Yuurand and I'm really interested in this contest... But more for the joyful feeling and the participation of such an event! I Hope all the success for you two for some future projects.  ;)

I know it sounds silly, but it really means a lot to hear this from you. In the past, I've considered moving away from ZC towards engines that could bring in a wider audience, but knowing that people still find their way here and enjoy my quests (or at least the one entry in Aevin's series that I made) is really encouraging. Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed them, and I hope you'll be able to participate in the race!
  • Epsalon ZX and Lordkronos like this

#18 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:39 PM

The "Evasion character" is a hidden character unlocked by taking very little damage through the game. If you don't know who it is, there's no need to worry about it for the contest.

The contest will be on Normal difficulty.

And, yeah ... It's a little strange that there's the Challenge dungeon version of Hitodama areas, as well as the normal versions. I'd like to think the challenge versions are different enough that they provide a unique challenge even if you play the Hitodama map. A few people requested the Hitodama map, and we felt like it allowed for an interesting twist.

Oh Ok Thanks for The Info This Could Be a Realy Interresting Challenge for Me I Had Only Played On Easy Yed And I Remember I Played in a Version Wehere The Plants Attacks Gave Healing Im Stil Very Glad to Try My Best And Wish Everyone Good Luck :D

I know it sounds silly, but it really means a lot to hear this from you. In the past, I've considered moving away from ZC towards engines that could bring in a wider audience, but knowing that people still find their way here and enjoy my quests (or at least the one entry in Aevin's series that I made) is really encouraging. Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed them, and I hope you'll be able to participate in the race!

Ok Thats Suprise Me Im Not So Long Here But what I Have Seen is You Have Made Great Interresting Quests with an Unique Twist :D I for Me Hope You Stay as Long as Possible :D

• Russ and Epsalon ZX like this

#19 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:29 PM

Getting the Evasion character requires you to defeat everything up to the final boss of the labyrinth (not any of the bonus bosses) taking 75 or fewer hits total. This is one of the harder challenges and IIRC all forms of damage contribute to it.
If you attempt to get them, be prepared to save-scum. You are going to need it.

Edited by Orithan, 25 September 2019 - 07:32 PM.

#20 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:17 PM

This is one of the harder challenges and IIRC all forms of damage contribute to it.

Quick clarification here: Most forms of damage contribute to it. The heat ticks that happen in volcano do NOT count towards it, since they're mandatory and that wouldn't be very fair.

#21 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:29 AM

Welp, that's a character that I'll never see.

• Lüt likes this

#22 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 26 September 2019 - 05:33 AM

Getting the Evasion character requires you to defeat everything up to the final boss of the labyrinth (not any of the bonus bosses) taking 75 or fewer hits total. This is one of the harder challenges and IIRC all forms of damage contribute to it.
If you attempt to get them, be prepared to save-scum. You are going to need it.

Thanks For The Info I Have Always Wonder How I Beat a Certain Challange Like The One With a No Stasndart State Character Or Total Eclypse Mod I Never seen This Mood :D

#23 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:55 PM

Total Eclipse is done by being a rebel, bucking authority and doing what you're told not to do in the final dungeon.

It's theoretically the easiest challenge to add as an optional "double unlock" to another run since it has no run-long commitments. Theoretically, at least...

• Lordkronos likes this

#24 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 26 September 2019 - 04:14 PM

Total Eclipse is done by being a rebel, bucking authority and doing what you're told not to do in the final dungeon.

It's theoretically the easiest challenge to add as an optional "double unlock" to another run since it has no run-long commitments. Theoretically, at least...

Oh Ok Thanks for The Info I dont Remember what were i Told One Reason More To Play Again :D

#25 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:40 PM

Why do the characters added have to not be copyrighted? I mean, Sasic and Horizon are still Link/Nayru edits, and pretty much all of the enhanced music is copyrighted

Edited by P-Tux7, 12 October 2019 - 03:41 PM.

#26 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:22 PM

Several reasons. For starters, original characters are more fun to me. Yuurand has become something of a Smash Bros for PureZC's OCs, and I wanna keep the tradition going. Second, I generally want to stay away from copyrighted stuff so we could move to a copyright-free Yuurand if needed. Sasic's sprite is a Link edit yes, but it's an edit of a 100% custom Link sprite, so probably fine. Horizon being a Nayru edit is really the biggest offender on that front, and could be fixed. The rest of the copyrighted tiles would be trivial to edit out. Music... that'd be harder, but doable still. Basically, I don't wanna be moving in the wrong direction with regards to copyright.
  • Epsalon ZX likes this

#27 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:38 AM

I finished up a Fragmented Labyrinth run about a month ago or so but never really got around to posting the few weird oddities I found. Generally I had a really good blast and I'd definitely play this again in the future though. I love this :P

But anyways, I have a very short list of weird stuff I found on my playthrough so check out this album. If things I pointed out are already fixed then you can ignore.

• Aevin likes this

#28 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:19 PM

This is WAY overdue at this point, but Yuurand 4.5 is live! This one's got a decent amount of new features and tons of bugfixes, but lacks enough new features or a new labyrinth to justify a full new version number and subtitle. A lot of this is following up on the results of the contest. Here's the big new things added for this version.

- As Dimi won the race, his character, Victor, has been added to the game and can be selected from the character select screen. Victor's gimmick largely revolves around sacrificing HP for various boosts. His Muramasa does good damage, but if he misses with it, he'll lose HP but regain MP. Casting Thunder will give him an offensive boost but drain 3 orbs of HP over time. He also gains speed the more empty life orbs he has. But be careful: he loses defense the more enemies are on screen! He's also got a unique coin upgrade, Longer Buffs, which increases the duration of Enhance, L2 Enhance, Power Boost, and Poison.
- Bone Zone and Mothership, two new areas which debuted in the race, now appear in the Fragmented Labyrinth.
- Lumen, who debuted as a boss in the race, appears now as a challenge area boss, rather than a Venter Mortis boss as she was in the race.
- Custom seeds are now supported! This file has templates and instructions on how to fill them out. No scripted knowledge is required; just fill in the blanks with the appropriate constants and you'll have a working custom seed function. Send it my way and I can have the quest updated with your seed in a matter of minutes.
- Official Race Seed 1 is selectable from the custom seeds list (and is currently the only custom seed). As Lumen as now a challenge area boss, she's been replaced as the race's final boss by someone else.
- Lumen and Bastille's story mode has a new cutscene.
- Dracus and Autimecia now have subscreen dialogue.
- LOTS of bugs have been fixed. Way too many to list, but to name some of the bigger ones people have complained about:
--- Sixth Area B and Lake of Lighting are now properly accounted for by Fragmented logic.
--- The snake platforms in Lac D'Amour B no longer bug out.
--- Traps in a room will no longer cause enemies to respawn.
--- Warp points you haven't visited will no longer randomly activate.

This update requires three new songs. You can grab them here.
  • Mani Kanina and Lüt like this

#29 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:27 PM

Oh yeah, this added a third labyrinth or something a good while ago? I should maybe get around to trying that some time. I got pretty fatigued at this quest at the time but it has been a long time since then..., actually a fair chunk of quests I have never gotten around to that I should play....

Update sounds nice though, I like the commitment to make this quest the best it can be with more content. If anything, I think adding more content to the possible pool of one labyrinth will add more replay value than adding more labyrinths, but hey, that's me.

#30 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:30 PM

Oh yeah, this added a third labyrinth or something a good while ago?

And a fourth now! The third labyrinth that was added, Living Labyrinth, is one made mostly by me (the others range form 75% to 100% Aevin's work), and naturally I'm pretty fond of it. Fourth was a port of Hitodama's labyrinth, with some modifications. There's also now Fragmented runs, which is basically an entrance randomizer that shuffles 16 areas together.

If anything, I think adding more content to the possible pool of one labyrinth will add more replay value than adding more labyrinths, but hey, that's me.

Well we just added two more areas that can appear in Fragmented runs, so that sorta counts. :P

I should maybe get around to trying that some time.

No surprise, but I'd love if you did. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users