Post your maps.

• Please log in to reply
1367 replies to this topic

#1276 Yeto

Yeto

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:29 PM

The author would had to map out the big trees, no? I feel like if the mountains were used like in the Gameboy games, along with having forest brush to break up the tree patterns, a "mysterious woods" palette for the Lost Woods, and a few more touch ups it would look pretty decent. Not the most amazing Z1 remake but decent enough to work as a simplistic interpretation. I can't say I'm a fan of it currently. Switching graphical styles requires proper design styles being switched also.

But if you like it, more power to you. This is my feedback. I'd probably be waiting for another GB remake. This one gets the job done, but I guess it's not enough for me. :P

Yes, he mapped trees and some grounds. And I like it, playing it gives me a feeling similar to Z1 (other remakes I tried don't do that), like you say it's simplistic, and feels natural and wild. LA graphics and gameplay help a lot, though.

Is the perfect remake?? It's far from being it but I'm glad the quest is unpassworded and is easy to modify things. I had to change  some ugly dungeons's palettes, etc. While I had the idea, mapping all that on my own would have been a ton of work...

Edited by Yeto, 20 November 2019 - 01:29 PM.

• Shane likes this

#1277 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:15 AM

zelda001.png?width=400&height=138

This is the finished map of South Koholint.

This took a lot longer than it shold have, because of various distractions like a new game, new job, etc.

• peteandwally likes this

#1278 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:36 PM

zelda003.png?width=400&height=208

Crystal Man, Crystal Man... does the things a crystal can...  :bounce:

• Lüt likes this

#1279 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:07 PM

Hi, it's me again, Tonight's map is brought to you by the letter "F" and the number "4" .

Baron.png?width=400&height=275

• Eddy, Jared, Hari and 2 others like this

#1280 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:38 PM

Hi, it's me again, Tonight's map is brought to you by the letter "F" and the number "4" .

When I see this, I immediately hear the music in my head.

• Jared, Matthew and ywkls like this

#1281 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:41 PM

giphy.gif

The shadows are np...

Proper image album:

https://imgur.com/a/ShF6SS3

Edited by Matthew, 03 January 2020 - 02:42 PM.

• Twilight Knight, Shane, Eddy and 4 others like this

#1282 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 08 January 2020 - 04:32 PM

That's definitely a cool looking castle and I like how you hid all kinds of spots which you can only access from the castle interior. Those are also very interesting castle graphics. A sad thing though that the image is so small. Could you maybe try exporting it at 100% next time? :-)

giphy.gif

The shadows are np...

Proper image album:
https://imgur.com/a/ShF6SS3

This looks absolutely outstanding! Big fan of the graphics and the shadows. Are you planning to script the day-night cycle?

• Matthew and ywkls like this

#1283 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 08 January 2020 - 06:15 PM

A sad thing though that the image is so small. Could you maybe try exporting it at 100% next time? :-)

I think he actually did, but he's copying the image link from Discord and it's including the default downsize settings in the image URL. If you remove the "?width=400&height=275" from the link, you get this:

Baron.png

• Twilight Knight and ywkls like this

#1284 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 08 January 2020 - 06:43 PM

This looks absolutely outstanding! Big fan of the graphics and the shadows. Are you planning to script the day-night cycle?

Indeed I am! With help from others, of course. :-)

• Twilight Knight likes this

#1285 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:25 PM

That was so weird. Matthew, your gif froze for a few seconds on the blue frame, and I thought I was getting hacked over here cause I'm like "I didn't select this image bruhhhh".

Nice maps in here as always. Sadly, I don't have anything to show as I have not used ZC in quite a few months now.

• Matthew likes this

#1286 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 08 January 2020 - 11:09 PM

I think he actually did, but he's copying the image link from Discord and it's including the default downsize settings in the image URL. If you remove the "?width=400&height=275" from the link, you get this:

Baron.png

Yeah, it is easier for me to use Discord to host images than anything else.

If you compare this to the original, then you will find some difference were made due to ZC limitations.

Also, I am still working on this area despite my departure from the project it was originally attached to.

I will be making a demo of this world after it is finished and once that is tested, I will release it and announce the project which it will be a part of.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#1287 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 12 February 2020 - 01:32 PM

unknown.png

A small forest area

• Eddy, Jenny, Jared and 5 others like this

#1288 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 14 April 2020 - 07:34 PM

Picked ZQuest back up recently. Not a lot of detail in this map yet, but I felt like showing my experiments with mountains in Pure Koten

2Eml9PG.png

• Shane, Eddy and Jared like this

#1289 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:44 PM

Today I finished work on the final post-game dungeon for my quest; the Hall of Mirrors.

Hall of Mirrors

All that is left is creating enemies, placing them, drafting the credits and the ending.
And of course, testing all of that.
But the quest itself is basically done.

Edited by ywkls, 13 May 2020 - 08:44 PM.

• Eddy likes this

#1290 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:15 AM

Here is my poorly-spliced together map:

W4h44KX.png

• Shane, Eddy, Jared and 4 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users