Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:02 AM

If so, where is the download?

#2 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:22 PM

If so, where is the download?

Ask to shadow tiger'' ......................................................he knows'' :D

#3 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:12 PM

I don't think it's ever been fully "completed," but, it's way more complete and Bug-free than ever and as far as I know perfectly playable in 2.5.   I don't think Shadow Tiger is working on it any more but perhaps he will enter the thread and correct me.   He did have a few things he wanted to add/implement that haven't happened but his most recent version is more or less complete and is totally epic.   

Here's the thread including the link to what should be the latest version:  https://www.purezc.n...ic=57935&page=1

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:31 PM

Dreams of Yesterday was completed, back in 2004 with ZC 1.92 b183, and can be found here.

#5 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:33 PM

I assumed he meant the 2.5 update but perhaps not.

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:33 PM

Oh, yeah, the 2.5 version is still in development, as far as I know.

Don't quote me on this, but I think the biggest issue with the original version was it won't play correctly in 2.5+. Again, not sure. If you can run 1.92, or even 2.10.2, you might be able to play the original version.

#7 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:37 PM

Here is the link to the latest 2.5 version.

https://www.purezc.n...44#entry1018026

#8 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:33 PM

Thanks guys. So are there like missing heart pieces and referenced areas that never open (like "Use the Golden Arrows to open the Bonus Pyramid", and there's no Bonus Pyramid in the game yet), or is this for all intents and purposes a complete game?

#9 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:31 PM

Read through the first page of that topic, in particular, post 5 says some stuff about it being fully playable, but not fully complete, if that makes sense.

[...] Well, now, I do believe it actually is fully playable from start to finish. I should work on getting some more hint mechanics into the game. Though whenever you finish a dungeon and get a Dream Crystal, some masked guy appears and tells you where to go.

Heh. DoY is actually fully playable. It's the little things that get to me. I mean, believe me, you have absolutely no idea how bug-ridden this quest was way back in the day. No jab to C-Dawg or anything, whose brilliant mind came up with this fantastic piece of work way back when things like this quest, much less its mechanics, were the dreams of madmen and the godly alike and absolutely nothing more, but it's nigh impossible to bug-check a quest this massive. It also had to make a rough transition from the very early days of ZC to the very modern days, where the innermost workings have shifted.

Keep in mind these are five-year-old posts. :P Perhaps ShadowTiger can shed some more light on this?

#10 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:51 PM

Whenever I try to open 2.10 in Win10, it opens fullscreen and Windows glitches it up by putting something about it being blurry. What do I do?

#11 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:28 AM

Whenever I try to open 2.10 in Win10, it opens fullscreen and Windows glitches it up by putting something about it being blurry. What do I do?

Why use 2.10 in Win 10?

#12 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:02 PM

Why use 2.10 in Win 10?

To play the original version without 2.5 incompatibility glitches

#13 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:47 PM

From my recollection that won't work.   At all.   For the original game to play perfectly, IIRC, you needed a specific, no-longer available beta, I think it was called 1.92b153.   If you used newer 1.92 versions the game would play alright.   I believe on 2.10 it's a bug-filled mess.   You'd be just as well trying the original on the newest 2.5 release and seeing what happens.  

#14 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:58 PM

From my recollection that won't work.   At all.   For the original game to play perfectly, IIRC, you needed a specific, no-longer available beta, I think it was called 1.92b153.   If you used newer 1.92 versions the game would play alright.   I believe on 2.10 it's a bug-filled mess.   You'd be just as well trying the original on the newest 2.5 release and seeing what happens.  

Thank you. I'll contact Gleeok and Zoria and see if they can help.

#15 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:56 AM

2.53 has the best compatibility of any ZC version by far. Maybe it's still not 100% but it's likely going to be way better than playing in 2.10 then possibly having to restart from scratch in 2.53. ;)

In ag.cfg fullscreen=0 or fullscreen=2 should open in a window.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users