Mighty No.9

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

Inafune and many staff connected with any Maga Man series are making Mighty No.9. 

It looks like Mega Man game...

I can't  explain well, so see http://www.kickstart...no9/mighty-no-9

Edited by Stray Sheep, 31 August 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:57 PM

Sheesh, watching that video made me feel sad in a way, knowing that Inafune doesn't have access to what is essentially his baby in the Megaman universe. It's good that he's getting to make a game that he wants to make, without Capcom ruining everything like they tend to do, but still, it really feels like he laments the fact that he can't make Megaman games anymore, and who can blame him? I hope this game has its own charm, I really don't get the same kind of lovable charm from the sketches I see that I did from the Megaman characters, but it's hard to duplicate that while being unique at the same time. Man, I hope this does well, and I will definitely look forward to its release, since I support Inafune. Capcom... only when Ace Attorney is involved nowadays.

#3 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

The saddest part for Kenji, in my opinion, is not being allowed to work on Megaman anymore, and at the same time, watch him slowly die.  It's good that he's in the next Smash Bros, but I feel that will be his last appearence in a good game.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

Megaman seems to be a Phoenix. Killed at the hands of Capcom, only to be reborn in the arms of his original creator.

This looks pretty cool, and very promising, and given how Megaman's been treated by Capcom recently, we can basically assume the series is dead. Mighty No. 9 is a very okay replacement, in my eyes. Same, but different, in a way. The same style game we love, but now he's got the chance to innovate in a way he wouldn't otherwise have had. And hey, best case scenario. Capcom revives Megaman to compete with it and we get two Megaman series going.

#5 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

That. Looks. AWESOME! Admittedly not a huge fan of the 2.5D isometric platforming but it worked reasonably okay in Megaman X8. Megaman X8 is pretty good compared to the SNES games and out of all the Megaman games I've played since X3 it's probably the most faithful to the SNES ones.

Edited by franpa, 01 September 2013 - 01:53 AM.

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

And hey, best case scenario. Capcom revives Megaman to compete with it and we get two Megaman series going.

Actually, best case scenario would be Capcom going "Gee, what idiots we were" and give up everything within their power to get Inafune back and given full rights to Megaman.

... five more minutes, Mom...

#7 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:25 AM

I'm watching the video right now, and had to pause to point out something I noticed. Watch the video again, and pay attention at about 2:30 to 2:40. A girl in an orange dress with yellow hair walks down the sidewalk. From a distance, it looks almost like somebody doing Roll cosplay. Also, she's walking a large poodle or something, that's been dyed red. Kind of like Rush? Not only that, but then Inafune walks by and passes them going the opposite direction. He's wearing blue.

The Roll/Rush appearance is pretty subtle compared to the other ones like the Mettaur hat. It actually took a second for me to notice that one. It's kind of interesting to see how many references he's making in the video.

Edited by kurt91, 01 September 2013 - 02:27 AM.

#8 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

It's sad that many inventors of the greatest titles need to resort to kickstarter-begging and/or facebook games (like Richard Garriot did, too).

Still, a Mega Man-ish game is better than no game, I just hope it can be finished, not like I even hoped it would be released in a way that I can play it...

That kickstarter payment table is interesting, why are some rewards only for a specific sum of money? If you pay enough to have your face be featured, then why don't you get that reward if you pay even more?

#9 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

The limited awards are there so that one person can't nab everything along the way.  You have to choose which one you'd like best.  It'd be a bit unfair if someone went for the $10,000 prize and ended up with the $9,999 prize as well, and the $5,000 prize, etc... Only so many people can be accommodated for these.

As for the game itself... I want to have faith in Inafune, but I admit I'm having a bit of a struggle getting too invested in it.  The video was nice, though.

#10 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

It's now funded.

Insert >Well that was fast?<

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

Glad to hear it, now I hope they reach their full goal of $2.5 million to bring it to home consoles as well. More markets means more sales means more money to the guy and his team who deserves it, not Capcom.

#12 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:52 AM

So.

346986d478b23a85068afcd791097187_large.j

Every single stretch goal reached. Unbelievable. I am pretty stoked for this game, especially knowing some of the content, and with this team working diligently on it without Capcom to interfere, it's going to be a beautiful experience. I will purchase this the moment it comes out.

#13 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

I recently said that my dream game would be a 2.5D classic Mega Man game on 3DS. With all the stretch goals met, this is pretty damn close. I'm really looking forward to this. It's sad it's going to be such a long wait, but I'm sure it'll be worth it and I can't wait for more details.

• The Satellite likes this

#14 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

Bit of a bump but there's some more gameplay footage released:

Will admit, hoping the graphics do get a bit more tuning, as they look a little unfinished, but yes, it say "work in progress" on it, so hopefully that'll happen. If not... I probably won't complain, but I can hear people doing just that. Either way, it's shaping up to look awesome, and the red Mighty's power is gonna be my favorite since it's Kill la Kill's scissor blade. :heh:

• SyrianBallaS likes this

#15 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

That looks epic as hell, the game itself looks promising. The animated series on the other hand looks like complete shit

He's gotta mid air dash like in megaman x

Here's a funny rant about that, sorry I don't know how the embedded code works here, I put it in but it just puts the code

https://www.youtube....h?v=BH3zI5r9Uwc

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BH3zI5r9Uwc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by GhostKnight22, 31 August 2014 - 09:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users