FFC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#16 TheBlueTophat

TheBlueTophat

🔸

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Yay, I am sure it will find a place in my game "A side scroller".

Edited by coolgamer012345, 01 October 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#17 DarkCloud86

DarkCloud86

Initiate

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

This script seems good but how can/do you import/export this script into/out of your new game?

What is a ( .z ) file where the script is? I tried to just copy and paste the script text into

a text file and import it but it gave me errors and I can not import the .z file or (How?)

I am working on a simple little 1 dungeon 1 underground town mini quest. It will be my

very first quest and I wanted to add some screen/start game text to auto play while the hero

get's his thoughts together the very first thing before he sets out.

I've already went through the basic wiki tutorial ( http://zcguides.cele...ials/main/start )

and have became a bit familiar with setting up basic game things.

As you may try to guess this is my first public/official rodeo with Zelda Classic/Quest. I'll be using FYS's

custom of the included tileset for my simple project.

I'll have more questions I'm sure.

Thanks!

:)

#18 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

You should change the extension of your text file from .txt to .z.  A .z file is just the file extension for script files used by Zelda Classic.

To import scripts into ZQuest:

1. Go to Quest->Scripts->Compile ZScript.  Click the "Edit" button.

2. It should already read import "std.zh". If for some reason it doesn't, then add that line character for character.

3. On a new line, type import "_____.z", where the blank is filled with the name of your .z script file.

4. Press the X, save changes to the buffer, and press "Compile." It should pop up saying it compiled successfully.

5. On the FFC tab of the next window, use the arrow key in the center to assign the script to a slot.

6. On the screen you wish to use the script on, create a FFC with a combo other than combo 0. At the bottom of the first tab, select the script from the drop down menu.

7. On the last tab of the FFC editor, adjust the D0 - D7 values according to the script's instructions.

----------------------

I hope that helps! However, if you're really as new to ZQuest as you say, scripts may not be the best place to start. Maybe you should consider familiarizing yourself with the editor and how the program works a little more first?

#19 DarkCloud86

DarkCloud86

Initiate

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

OK I got compiler error at step 4 "Compile"

"There is already a constant with name AT_R/R/R/A/8/4/N" (each output on there own line)

I placed the script file (script.z) in the main dir

I didn't make it past compile. Ideas?

#20 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

It appears std.zh got imported twice somehow.Usually, import "std.zh" is already typed in the buffer. I saw the script here didn't have it and assumed you wouldn't need to do anything. But you need to make sure it only appears in one place, either in the script buffer, or the body of your script file, not both.

Edited by Aevin, 26 January 2014 - 06:06 PM.

#21 DarkCloud86

DarkCloud86

Initiate

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

OK I got it now. I removed the import "std.zh" from the script.z script and compiled alright. My text is showing at start up now.

Thanks a lot Aevin. My name is Kevin. For true. Now I just need to play around with it some and see about getting the hero to be face down while the message rolls out.

Thanks for the script Hoffman123.

I've learned

The D0 - D7 is the texts functionality, of course.

Strings are numbered 00-xxx. I was trying to figure out what to place in D1 after the script was loaded in, and almost smacked myself.

"Dude! (I said to myself.) Just place the string number which dictates the text you want displayed on screen in the type field of D1!" Only after the text being displayed wasn't the text I wanted.

So thanks again. Nice work Hoff.

• Hoff123 and Aevin like this

#22 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

Didn't see your post until now. Thank you, and you're welcome :).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FFC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users