Turtles Hate Candy

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:03 PM

I have a question about Level 7.  I can't figure out how to advance.  There are several screens blocked by mushrooms that the lens of truth indicates should disappear if some trigger is activated, but, I kill all the enemies in the room, try everything in my inventory on every weird looking thing on the screen, and nothing works.  I'm 99% sure I'm using 2.5.1.    

Edit:  Disregard.  I figured it out.  This quest is very well done and I'm surprised it didn't get more attention after release.

Edited by SofaKing, 08 February 2017 - 09:25 PM.

#17 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:19 PM

Has someon an Idea how i can Become this Item its always the one who i have no Idea how to come there :D

zc-screen00083.png

Edit I found a Way finaly Go Left from the Dogs which are right from the cane :D

Edited by Lordkronos, 16 November 2019 - 08:28 AM.

#18 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:47 PM

I dont know if its possible to become a playtrough which is not beatable I think i have found nearly all treasures and i opened 3 chests in the Turtle Tower but i dont have the Fire Bommerang yet which is needet so i think i can not more progress now the red lantern was not found yet to but that i could clear with the wand luckyly so has someon any Ideas were i could search or is The run unbeatable which were sad so short before victory as Info i have filmed all my Playtrough :D

#19 csharporbflat

csharporbflat

Junior

• Members

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:34 AM

where is boss key lvl 7? Very confused.

#20 csharporbflat

csharporbflat

Junior

• Members

Posted 11 March 2020 - 12:10 PM

also I don't think the randomizer works correctly. I am currently flute locked. Full cleared 1 - 4, most of 5, and 7. Pretty sure flute locked in 5. Cant reach 6 at all without flute, can't reach 8 because don't have correct arrow. Checked every overworld spot that is currently accessible. What is it I am missing?

#21 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:24 PM

Taking a wild guess here, it's probably in a well hidden overworld spot.

Have you found anything interesting in the cave northwest of town. It leads to 3 total items...

If you have Ladder are access to Level 6's area, maybe a certain old man hint isn't a joke...

5 is weird to navigate, but I don't think I Flute lock any item in there.

Of course, Lens should mark all these.

#22 csharporbflat

csharporbflat

Junior

• Members

Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:39 PM

Taking a wild guess here, it's probably in a well hidden overworld spot.

Have you found anything interesting in the cave northwest of town. It leads to 3 total items...

If you have Ladder are access to Level 6's area, maybe a certain old man hint isn't a joke...

5 is weird to navigate, but I don't think I Flute lock any item in there.

Of course, Lens should mark all these.

i got all 3 of those cave items, i bombed all rocks in fire area. There are 2 spots in lvl 5 that require flute, one leads to a small key, and the other to an item + boss key 

I think whatever seed was generated somehow put the flute in a spot that requires it to use. There are at least 6 or 7 flute spots in overworld, and one has heart piece, one has arrow upgrade, and the others I don't know because you dont see those items until you open it.

Perhaps  I can upload my save file and someone can figure it out. I just want to know what I am missing. I got the item in the tall grass that can be cut, I got the item in the skeleton in the desert, the hidden item in the lost woods, etc .. I can;t get into 6 at all because its flute locked, so if flute is in 6, 8 or 9, then that is a problem with the random generator, because I can't reach 8 or 9 because one of the arrows is flute locked. 

#23 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 14 March 2020 - 09:25 PM

I started playing this quest again. I finished level 1 and now I'm boomerang locked. Been everywhere I can go and haven't found it. I need it to get past the blocks and through the cave.

I have the stick, mallet, power bracelet, ladder, gingerbread shield, arrow (no bow).

#24 csharporbflat

csharporbflat

Junior

• Members

Posted 15 March 2020 - 07:58 PM

cross gap left of lvl 1, there is item there, also 2 screen above use stick on bushes, item there, go up one more screen and use stick on bushes cave there has item. 

I think also the randomizer is broken and buggy, got 3 seeds already which were un finish able

#25 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 16 March 2020 - 08:14 AM

cross gap left of lvl 1, there is item there, also 2 screen above use stick on bushes, item there, go up one more screen and use stick on bushes cave there has item. 

I think also the randomizer is broken and buggy, got 3 seeds already which were un finish able

I did all that, still no boomerang. Guess I'll have to restart the quest with a new seed.

#26 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 17 March 2020 - 06:45 PM

Is the logic breaking on Easy or Hard? I found and fixed several bugs with Hard, and it seems strange to be getting that many unwinnable seeds.

If you don't start with Sword or Boomerang, there are 2 items in logic in Level 1. The other 3 need Candle and Bombs.

If you get Sword and Bombs before Boomerang, the cave northwest of Town is the way to THREE items.

While there are location counts now, you still need to figure out where the item locations are. Check behind trees, under pots or bushes, burn a few small shrubs on the coast, and look around the overworld in general. I will mention Level 6's area has a couple of well hidden spots... one needing Bombs, the other Ladder and lack of common sense...

#27 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:55 AM

Is the logic breaking on Easy or Hard? I found and fixed several bugs with Hard, and it seems strange to be getting that many unwinnable seeds.

If you don't start with Sword or Boomerang, there are 2 items in logic in Level 1. The other 3 need Candle and Bombs.

If you get Sword and Bombs before Boomerang, the cave northwest of Town is the way to THREE items.

While there are location counts now, you still need to figure out where the item locations are. Check behind trees, under pots or bushes, burn a few small shrubs on the coast, and look around the overworld in general. I will mention Level 6's area has a couple of well hidden spots... one needing Bombs, the other Ladder and lack of common sense...

I think it was on Hard, not entirely sure. I've gone around everywhere I can at least 5 times or more, Still no luck finding the boomerang. I guess the quest is broken at this poiint and I have no choice to restart with another seed.

#28 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 22 March 2020 - 03:55 PM

I restarted with another seed. This time I got all the way to level 4 but am stuck again. I need the bow. I got the arrow, but looked everywhere I could for the bow. No luck.

After this, I'm gonna quit playing this quest til you can get the logic to work right.

#29 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:28 PM

So dumb question, but are you using the recent update? The previous version did have quite broken logic, with some items appearing more times than intended or not being placed at all. I've confirmed several 102% runs, and fixed the parts that were clearly broken.

Otherwise, the only other option I'm left with is to post a special update that enables access to a debug room. It displays what items are at each location, and the order of key items placed, but there is no text file to identify the locations, so I'd need a screenshot of the room to identify WHERE the items got placed. I'm still convinced it's just obscure locations, but if you've held onto these seeds, I could look them up to see if there is a logic bug.

#30 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:50 AM

So dumb question, but are you using the recent update? The previous version did have quite broken logic, with some items appearing more times than intended or not being placed at all. I've confirmed several 102% runs, and fixed the parts that were clearly broken.

Otherwise, the only other option I'm left with is to post a special update that enables access to a debug room. It displays what items are at each location, and the order of key items placed, but there is no text file to identify the locations, so I'd need a screenshot of the room to identify WHERE the items got placed. I'm still convinced it's just obscure locations, but if you've held onto these seeds, I could look them up to see if there is a logic bug.

I'm sure I have the latest version of the quest, the file is dated 3/7/2020. I am using 2.53_Win_Release_2-17APRIL2019 to play the quest. Should I be using an earlier version?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users