• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 November 2022 - 03:07 PM

I think Tears of the Kingdom had a slower news cycle. 2020 we basically had no information due to covid (which understandable) and 2021 was yet another teaser. Two years after the reveal Breath of the Wild had its big blow out. We've still yet to see it from Tears of the Kingdom. Although, I kind of prefer it being cryptic since a lot of it looks like it's going to be retreading the same concepts and world as Breath of the Wild. Although if they're hiding any game changers I think they should show them off soon. I think they need to show us the direction the dungeons will take because it's been a hot topic whether they will do more Divine Beasts or go back to tradition.

Personally I think they are going to "evolve" dungeon design but not rely on Divine Beasts. I think going back to tradition defeats the purpose of what Breath of the Wild was trying to accomplish. 

#17 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 19 November 2022 - 09:27 PM

Maybe all the dungeons are outdoors and upwards. Maybe you ride divine dragons to fight bosses. Maybe you just ride around on a horse for 10 hours listening to ambience.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#18 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 April 2023 - 03:54 AM

Soooo... no one has chimed in to say "Zelda: Nuts & Bolts" yet? I guess the forums are pretty slow these days.

Looks fun, but not really "Zelda" IMO.

#19 FieryBirdyThing

FieryBirdyThing

Junior

• Members

Posted 01 April 2023 - 05:56 AM

Soooo... no one has chimed in to say "Zelda: Nuts & Bolts" yet? I guess the forums are pretty slow these days.

Looks fun, but not really "Zelda" IMO.

I've not really been following the news for this one, so I have little to say on the subject. Any news headline I see on it just serves to remind me that it exists, nothing more.

#20 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 01 April 2023 - 08:43 PM

I've been actively avoiding anything outside of the trailers. When they announced the gameplay teaser, I opted to skip it. Heard about the mechanic but not specifics.

I'm already looking forward to this game and I'm finding lately that I enjoy games more when I don't watch anything outside of the trailers. Like Xenoblade 3, never watched any of the extended feature showcases and I was way better off for it.

#21 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 02 April 2023 - 10:43 AM

this is gonna be the game of all time, that's all I'll say

and tbh it doesn't need to "feel like zelda" to be zelda anymore, the series changes dramatically like all the time anyway lol

• Jenny likes this

#22 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 02 April 2023 - 11:08 AM

On the spectrum of "standard Zelda dungeon" to "Divine Beast", I want something closer to "standard Zelda dungeon". Please. On my hands and knees, howling for this.

• Eddy, Jenny and Joelmacool like this

#23 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 02 April 2023 - 12:18 PM

The new abilities look quite cool and it seems like there's going to be loads of possibilities with them. I am curious to see how they utilize them for puzzles especially.

As for whatever ends up happening with the dungeons, I do hope they're more fleshed out overall. Even as someone who liked the divine beasts a fair bit, if they just did something like that again I would be quite underwhelmed.

• Eddy likes this

#24 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 02 April 2023 - 01:24 PM

Reading back in this thread and realizing my last post is a shorter version of what I posted on the first page. I'm getting old.

• Joelmacool likes this

#25 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 April 2023 - 01:32 PM

I've also been trying to take the "less is more" approach to this game. I've seen the trailers, and I did actually look at the art book leak, but other than that I don't want to know much going in. I basically don't want to get my expectations too high, but regardless I think it will still be a good game. Idk if it will reach the height of BotW, since a few other large, competent open world games have come out and shown it can be done better in some ways. Also I do think the Switch's hardware will hold this game back more than anything, and that might be a larger problem than anything in the actual game imo.

Edit: I've been taking a less is more approach to the story side of things, which from what I understand they've shown next to nothing about anyway. I am interested in gameplay stuff though, which is why I didn't mind looking at the art book. It potentially confirmed some things for me, both positive, and negative, but mostly positive.

• Matthew likes this

#26 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 03 April 2023 - 04:39 PM

Part of me is hoping that they've been so vague about the story because the story is going to be a big part of the game, and consequently, they want to avoid anything that spoils it.

Really though, I have no reason to actually believe this. It's mostly wishful thinking on my end.

• Anthus likes this

#27 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 03 April 2023 - 07:34 PM

I mean, I seem to remember them not wanting to reveal the title until as late as possible because it alone would be spoilers. Still don't see why, but. Guess we'll know sooner rather than later.

#28 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 04 April 2023 - 02:17 AM

Do any of you reckon there are actual dungeons in this game? It's what I disliked most about BotW

#29 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 04 April 2023 - 02:27 PM

Do any of you reckon there are actual dungeons in this game? It's what I disliked most about BotW

I really hope it does. My gut feeling is it will, or at the very least have some sort of underground cave system.

#30 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 04 April 2023 - 02:53 PM

Ah yes, that is indeed likely since they added that spacy ceiling teleport move (which is pretty nifty imo)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users